Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which online bike accessory/clothes store do you use?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:57 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Which online bike accessory/clothes store do you use? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I need to replace some of my gear. I have had my Goretex stuff for over 10 years now. The jacket is still in serviceable condition but the trousers have more holes in them than Rab C. Nesbitt's string vest.

In the past I have bought most of my gear from shows but I had a look around a couple last year and found nothing that I fancied.

Is there any go to websites people use for their clobber or do you have any recommendations? Obviously, I can use google to find a multitude of places offering stuff for sale but would prefer suggestions rather than having to go comparing loads of different sites and taking the luck of the draw when it comes to returns and customer service.

I am thinking at the moment just to replace my Deinse trousers with the same size in a similar style. Are all the zip to connect the trousers to jackets compatible across the brand?]

Cheers

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know precisely what you want and what size, it can save a load of money buying from Europe - https://www.fc-moto.de and https://www.access-moto.com are two I've made large (>£200) purchases from and been happy with what arrived and how long it took (3-4 days). In both cases I saved three figures compared to the best UK prices. The exchange rate means it isn't as good as it was, but there are still savings to be made.

However, if I wasn't absolutely sure on size or suitability of an item I'd buy from the UK as it is easier to return and swap sizes. Can't recommend any in particular as I've not needed to invoke customer service and any of the big ones will deliver what they have in stock in a reasonable time.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports bike shop, free returns and good CS.

Landy10
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:13 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motocard is another one, they have mega deals on helmets at the moment.
They also do all top brands and regularly do 25-30% off deals

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 sportsbike shop - Their customer service is fantastic.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

J&S mostly because local. Only negative experience I've had is attempting to return a helmet that took longer than I'd imagined but got there in the end.

Sportsbikeshop if I've spotted something online that's new and not yet out in J&S, because that happens a lot, or they price match a deal that J&S wont touch because "ticket price is price, sir!" Delivery is spot on as is packaging of items. Never had to return anything but they're well known to be hassle free for the most part.

Lidsdirect have sale items on all the time.

Last edited by NJD on 11:59 - 17 Feb 2017; edited 1 time in total

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get myself down to somewhere with a decent range (like J&S) and try a whole load of gear on to check sizes. If you can't find it cheaper online then buy it from them. Takes away the sizing/returns lottery.

Store on Hanger Lane can't be far from you.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:39 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainpal.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rainpal.

Neked, beside a helmet, and covered in rainpal?

I won't forget commuting past you in a hurry. Laughing

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Sportsbikeshop ... Never had to return anything but they're well known for hassle for the most part.

I don't believe they are well know for being a hassle at all for anything, let alone returns.

When my ARMR Moto Indo jeans split for the 2nd time (seam came away, replaced but same happened) I asked if I could get something else. They let me have the Wolf textiles for £10 extra (price difference was actually £90 in my favour). They were fantastic through the whole process and, clearly understand that a really satisfied customer is going to be much better than a pissed off one.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:57 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportsbike are pretty damn good for CS.

I bought a jacket from them, used it for 3 months or more through winter and when the temps picked up I thought I'll unzip the quilted inner. Turns out part of it was sewn in in error so couldn't separate the two bits.

Phoned them up, sent it back and got a new replacement, no hassle, no quibbles just genuine good service.

I've also used French outlets with no problems.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I don't believe they are well know for being a hassle at all for anything, let alone returns.

Was meant to say hassle free.

It is silly o' clock in the morning. Laughing

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:00 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sent me a helmet worth about £200 more than I paid as they'd sent me the wrong size clearance version and didn't actually have the size I wanted so upgraded me to the current model and fancy colour scheme.

For that alone they've got a customer for life. Now if only they offered Saturday delivery.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
They sent me a helmet worth about £200 more than I paid as they'd sent me the wrong size clearance version and didn't actually have the size I wanted so upgraded me to the current model and fancy colour scheme.

For that alone they've got a customer for life. Now if only they offered Saturday delivery.

Who - Rainpal?

Personally, I like J&S - again, because they also have a bricks-and-motar branch within fairly easy reach - but also use and would recommend North West Motorcycles for good prices and service

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:34 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace cheers, I had seen a few things on sportsbikeshop so that puts my mind at ease.

Shame the ones I really wanted are not in my size but I will have a bit more of a butchers and then price match to the EU sites and weigh up the saving to disadvantages.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used FC-Moto and Motocard both with good results for Dainese gear at much lower prices than UK.

I tend to use Inifinity to go try on gear, then order it online cheaper. They price match but only UK stockists so they can't match from Germany and Spain. To be honest I'm surprised they haven't banned me from Infinity for this very reason, they know full well every time I come in I'm just using them as a fitting service.

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Sportsbikeshop.com
Thumbs Up

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:50 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSrox0r wrote:
I've used FC-Moto and Motocard both with good results for Dainese gear at much lower prices than UK.

I tend to use Inifinity to go try on gear, then order it online cheaper. They price match but only UK stockists so they can't match from Germany and Spain. To be honest I'm surprised they haven't banned me from Infinity for this very reason, they know full well every time I come in I'm just using them as a fitting service.

I've used SBS in a similar way in the past, order a couple of sizes see which fits then use their free returns to send it all back and order from Europe saving me much ponds in the process.

Bit naughty but I've also spent far too much money with them as well so I don't feel overly guilty.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportsbike shop are great.

FC-Moto are quite reliable and often significantly cheaper.

Firecrest because they're not too far away.

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:14 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Sportsbikeshop.co.uk.

Outstanding customer service, huge stock, helpful on the phone, rapid delivery and will price match. Also, the returns process is a doddle.

https://i66.tinypic.com/2retr49.jpg

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 14:31 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT: Sportsbikeshop

Also, I recommend Sportsbikeshop.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever's got the product I want cheaper. I always try to buy in person though, even if I have to travel. I hate being disappointed if something doesn't fit right or it's not as nice as in the pictures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jessicatee
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:54 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for SBS I needed a replacement visor for my lid, ordered online and was told it was out of stock but they would send it in just over a week when they expected to have more stock in....it arrived the next day lol

SamFishlock
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:45 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Now if only they offered Saturday delivery.

I needed a new jacket for the weekend, rung them at two in the afternoon on a Friday, and for £4 the jacket was with me at 11:30 on Saturday. They just don't advertise it on the site, no idea why.

Any way, another vote for SportsBikeShop. Fantastic site, delivery, customer service and returns.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2