Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A2 Licence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:06 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the end of it you should have docs for:-

CBT
Theory test pass
Mod1 cert
Mod2 cert

Hand over your green prov licence to the examiner and let him send it off to the DSA.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: A2 License Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
EU regulations does that mean they'll go away soon because of Brexit?

Yeah - hang back from doing your tests for 6 weeks or so and we'll be back to issuing licences with every box of cornflakes purchased.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:48 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get a full pink licence with the A2 category on it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Mod 1 you get a pass certificate. After Mod 2 you get another certificate, and if you hand over your license the examiner will send it off (or you can do it yourself) and you'll get a pink license back with a category no ones understands.

Then comes the fun of explaining to insurers, the police, what you're entitled to ride assuming you understand yourself Smile Lets hope they'll eventually tidy up the licensing rules, however I doubt it'll be anytime soon (if ever) Sad

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you got an on going three page thread talking about something similar? Confused

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Haven't you got an on going three page thread talking about something similar? Confused

Like any good sperge - it sperges far and wide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Like any good sperge - it sperges far and wide.

I had to settle with funny because forum doesn't support multi-ratings. Crying or Very sad
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Yeah I posted in that one as well but people noone replied by the time I posted this one so I thought it was a dead thread

Threads only really ever stop because either the poster is a willy wonka or the questions been asnwered. Four months (almost) and three pages is generous enough in telling you to go and do your A2.

Also this thread is a bit like poking the sleeping dragon trying to get attention again asking the same thing over and over with such a basic question. Oh, and the question HAS been answered on that thread.

Stop being Cronik and take tests.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:

Yeah I posted in that one as well but people noone replied by the time I posted this one so I thought it was a dead thread

You posted at 4:25 in the morning. Then because you didn't get a response 20 mins later you posted a new thread. Are you for real?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impatient enough to just get on and do what you set out to do months ago, though, clearly.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need an A2 piece of paper, or your world will fall apart without one then go do the tests and pay your fees.

Usefully unless a young person had say:
A very long fast roads daily commute,
Wanted to do lots of touring or adventure riding,
Carried luggage and or pillions everywhere,

Then I can't see why anyone needs an A2 licence? If it's because all your mates you want to ride with have big fast bikes, and you want to look like one of them, with your 46bhp restricted bike you'll still be the slowest one in the pack.

I'd genuinely like to know who does A2, and why, and how doing so improved their life significantly?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Then I can't see why anyone needs an A2 licence? If it's because all your mates you want to ride with have big fast bikes, and you want to look like one of them, with your 46bhp restricted bike you'll still be the slowest one in the pack.

I'd genuinely like to know who does A2, and why, and how doing so improved their life significantly?

"Why does a young person between the age of 19 and 24 need an A2 license?" It's a good question. In truth the question is not the aforementioned but rather "why does the A2 license exist?" a question that I, personally, cannot answer. A young person, such as I of whom holds an A2 license, can only do the tests that is available to them. Personally I did not need an A2 license but at the same time I did not wish to continue to wobble around on my own having only two hours of training behind my belt. I recall exactly what my riding was like during my CBT and in honesty despite my initial happiness, naturally, that I was allowed on the roads on my own, and despite all feelings I survived, I think we can all concur that the CBT level of saftey, or rather lack of, is a pure joke and therefore, personally, I decided to undertake the A2 license for the following reasons: remove L plates, increased road knowledge and finally, because we're all males and like bigger and more powerful toys, to hopefully one day get a bigger bike to escape my measly 8-10hp chink.

I think riding a 125, and only a 125, for say six months to a year would be more than enough time to answer your question in regards to why people go for the A2. We, I at least, don't agree with the ridiculous web of the licensing system we find ourselves in but I'd much rather get caught in that web than to have to forcefully endure the 125 until the age of 24. For someone who started riding at 17 (and that's not me) that would mean seven years on a tiddler, and that sounds painful let alone having to endure it.

Personally I am yet to make use of my A2 in regards to buying a bike bigger than a 125cc and in truth given that I have a little over a year until I am able to take my A I'm doubting if at all buying a bike for a price that in a years (or just over) time I could have my A done for is worth it, my currently feeling is probably not.

"how doing so improved their life significantly?" - Well, as above, non in regards to my bike, or rather lack of. Doing my A2 cost me a pretty penny since I went through (and I assume most people do for A2) a training school and I've currently seen nothing in return. No more powaaaah than what I had before. Bikes are few and far between on the second hand market and even more so the ones that meet those ridiculous A2 rules. What I have gained personally is improved road skill vs what I had while riding on L plates and CBT knowledge. Up to you to make your mind up if that's worth the money I paid for my training and tests.

The only guaranteed benefit that A2 has is that it enables you, after two years (because suddenly you've become more sensible somehow in that time), to take the A tests. For someone at 19 that means that at 21 (I'm not insulting your counting abilities here) they're free, three years earlier than their friends who waited it out, to go and get their golden ticket at long last.. I know which one I'd rather be. I'd say that if you're 22 and on a CBT wanting to upgrade then wait until you're 24 because A2 is pointless and provides 0 benefits, might as well save the money that you were going to spend on A2 and put it towards A. 21 or younger I'd say, maybe.. 19/20 more so, go and do the A2 to get the ball rolling faster than just waiting it out at the very least.

So yeah.. I think that's all my input to your question. Hopefully it will all, to some degree, makes sense.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get your above post. Where you, momentarily, thinking about riding without a license? I've no interest in going down that route of conversation.

The truth in regards to restriction is that it's expensive to get done and no one really knows where to get them from. I asked my independent about it not so long ago and didn't get a straight answer beside FI International used to be the go to guys for the 33bhp old restriction. I got quoted two hundred odd pounds to get an SV 650 restricted and turned away from it because to me that's a lot of money that's simply being put down the drain for no reason at all to then, I assume, have to pay a similar amount to get them removed again in a couple of years time or when A tests are done, unless you where going to sell the bike as restricted of which there's few and far between of on the private market and might attract more people than a non restricted bike needing restricting since that's half the hassle out the way for a buyer on the private market already. Oh, and don't buy them of eBay, my independent said they refused to fit restrictions purchased from eBay sellers, I assume he was talking about the likes of "kickstart engineering."

I've yet to come across an insurance comparison website that includes a tickbox for the 47hp restricted option. A2 is a full license FYI unless they ask what category you have and most, to knowledge, do not.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
I don't get your above post.

I don't get it either.

Sperge wrote:
I didn't have enough money man

And now with little money I have will do it in September before studies start

Sperge wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a 1290 Superduke which will cost me £12k

Yeah, that adds up nicely.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Yeah, that adds up nicely.

I suspect finance because student.

Something one of the lads at the shop said to me recently while telling me a story about his friend was that you might be able to afford a bike, but can you really afford it? In this case it was an old sports bike on the cheap, decent runner etc but the buyer hadn't factored in the fact tyres would cost a couple of hundred.

One of the reasons I like, yes there's at least one, my shitbox is because it's pennies to run in all areas.

Fatharleyride...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 12 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
By the end of it you should have docs for:-

CBT
Theory test pass
Mod1 cert
Mod2 cert

Hand over your green prov licence to the examiner and let him send it off to the DSA.

What he said Smile

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't appear to be doing anything anytime soon.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4276000&highlight=#4276000

April rolled into May, into June July and August. 4 months and nothing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3