Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stoke by-election

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't. You could put a red rosette on a baboon in Stoke and it would get elected.

UKIP aren't the enemy there, apathy is. "Eh, it's a bit black over Bill's mothers, ah const be mithered going all t'way down neck end to vote."

Even though the BNP had a bid of a resurgence in Stoke a while back, things soon reverted to the old guard despite the corruption and ineptitude of the Labourites.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
Furthermore Paul Nuttall didn't lose close friends at Hillsborough, wasn't a professional footballer and doesn't have a Ph.D. Just a series of unfortunate mistakes by over-enthusiastic press officers who didn't even let him review the material, poor lamb.
Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the fact that the guy is a proven wastrel and liar still doesn't deter the likes of bnp72 from pushing his cause. Very Happy

You can rest assured if ANY of the above examples had been Mohammad Mohammed, standing for the Labour party, he'd have been all over it like white on rice.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though he's been convicted twice previously, and it made the news AGAIN, including how the kid had to be vaccinated against TB to be on the safe side?

Behave yourself.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:58 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuttall is a Milquetoast substitute for Farage. He hasn't twigged that the media will run with whatever grabs the most eyeballs, which means he needs to give them a bigger, bolder, better story than the ones that are being spun about him (the truth of which are irrelevant).

He's flubbing it, and the #NTDWI block vote is rallying around Labour (for now). I'm calling it as a hold for them.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, nobody really cares if he was or wasn't a professional footballer, but you're suggesting a diversionary story or two will make the electorate forget he is a preening fantasist with questionable judgement? Heck, you're right.
Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:50 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Tories are making just enough of an effort in Stoke to split the vote and ensure a Labour victory while they focus on Copeland. It benefits the Tories to help Labour win the one seat they cannot take from them. It would give Corbyn just enough of a win to hold on and allow him to keep the party in the toilet a while longer. I think the Tories are playing the long game. Time will tell how it pans out.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:51 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Nuttall is making the mistake of trying to position UKIP as Tory Lite. He's deranged if he thinks they'll ever be mainstream, or more than a protest party.

With this Quisling commons, every seat counts. If he can't win Stoke-on-Trent by playing a straight, strong Brexit / send-em-back campaign, then what's the point of him?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutall just doesn't have the same anti-establishment buzz as Brexit or Trump (or le Pen?). Lying about a thing like Hillsborough is extremely poor form too. He is the face of plebs playing politics, using the red tops for ideological guidance.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
He was at Hillsborough that day apparently, so it's not that far from the truth as modern fake news politics goes.

Of course he was; he said so. Rolling Eyes

mpd72 wrote:
Let's face it, he's just an incompetent liar with poor judgement. Why won't people give him a break?

FTFY.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re my earlier post about the people of Stoke electing a baboon, their stupidity and blind allegiance were never more evident than when Tristram Hunt was the candidate.

He was a posh, metropolitan, chatterati, southern, over-educated, head-boy type, as far removed as can be from the people of Stoke. I don't believe he'd ever set foot in Stoke before he became the labour candidate, and, they still voted him in.

Then what does he do? Looks for a job more fitting his education and background (head of the V&A museum) and jumps ship, abandoning the potters as soon as he felt like it.

Garett Snell the current labour candidate is also pretty vile. A sexist gobshite.

They'll still elect him.

I'll bet you, I'll eat a Greggs Pastie at half time if he doesn't win.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Do you realise these comments were put on his website nearly 6 years ago , by someone else, long before he became UKIP leader?

So not his fault, he didn't even know what was on his own website, other people are just stupid. OK. Confused

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 14:51 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why Stoke's by-election is being regarded as politically indicative - the only thing that Stoke holds any form of bellwether status for is showing how small a gene pool can get while still maintaining nominal viability.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 15:28 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Probably because UKIP's vote share increased by nearly 20% in the 2015 election, putting them just ahead of the Tories. Al Beeb are warning all liberals to rise up and stamp out this right wing threat.

To be honest, that's somewhat pointless though: UKIP is and always has been a single-issue party. Now that their primary raison d'etre has been carried out, I expect that they'll either end up being subsumed into a main party or they'll disintegrate.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:08 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Now that [UKIP's] primary raison d'etre has been carried out

Sharia has barely even tested its weight yet, let alone carried it out.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 00:47 - 23 Feb 2017; edited 1 time in total

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 16:36 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
nowhere.elysium wrote:
Now that [UKIP's] primary raison d'etre has been carried out

Sharia is barely even tested its weight yet, let alone carried it out.

As I understood it, UKIP were crowing about victory in the wake of the Brexit vote. Given that they have neither the power nor the actual mandate to do anything further, that surely implies that they're done now?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

So not his fault, he didn't even know what was on his own website, other people are just stupid. OK. Confused

Can't have been his fault, he was doing his Phd at the time....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3