Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

France protests / riots

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: France protests / riots Reply with quote

This has been going on for a little while now, I don't think it's massive scale but it is causing troubles.

The issue is the lack of coverage and a large part of sourcing is only being done by say more right-leaning media, I'm guessing the quiet is to try not to drum up fear mongering etc.

By accounts, a man of non-white ethnicity was anally assaulted by the police with a baton. The fact the French President visited him should indicate some validity.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2824369/french-police-claim-truncheon-rape-was-accidental-as-francois-hollande-visits-victim/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/23/teenagers-blockade-paris-schools-protest-alleged-police-rape
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/paris-clashes-13-arrested-scuffles-break-protest-against-police/
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/paris-rally-alleged-police-rape-descends-riot-170211202629347.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/europe/paris-anti-police-protests/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0a-LeepL0

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most I've seen of this has been people claiming that the refugee horde has risen up, as prophesied by the Holy Breitbart.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was the case, surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to be publishing things that would have affected the Brexit vote, no?

I mean, why risk the public voting to leave?

Rolling Eyes

You don't half see some conspiracies that aren't there.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
With regards to batongate, I do wonder wahy he did to make the Police want to shove a baton up his arse. I suppose this could be a case of one of them having the baton on his belt as they tried to restrain him and African immigrant yoof has decided it violated him, cos dass raciss innit.

I will assert alleged whilst still holding the position of fuck the officers if guilty.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:45 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

France needs a Two State Solution.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
I will assert alleged whilst still holding the position of fuck the officers if guilty.

There's CCTV footage of it happening. Police officer claims he slipped and his truncheon fell into the man's ass repeatedly.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:22 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Soros sprung for a load of Justice Pour Theo t-shirts.

The vital thing to remember is that Theo is a good boy, definitely not a drug dealer, and he absolutely didn't no nuffin.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The vital thing to remember is that Theo is a good boy, definitely not a drug dealer, and he absolutely didn't no nuffin.

Are you advocating guilty until proven innocent?

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Or that anyone can deserves a truncheon up the bum from law enforcement Shocked

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I'd like to see this apparent CCTV, or at least where you've heard of it, if that's possible?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-police-anal-rape-suspect-truncheon-paris-officer-accident-sodomised-expandable-baton-theo-a7572581.html

inb4 cries of "liberal media" ...

Also worth noting

Quote:

Bruno Beschizza, the rightwing mayor of Aulnay-sous-Bois, who is a former police officer, said “all light must be shed” on what he called an “unbearable and unacceptable” incident. He said: “The police are there to protect and not to humiliate our fellow citizens.”

Beschizza described Theo as a “respectable” young man who came from a respectable family, which had been “psychologically destroyed” by what had happened.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:04 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
The vital thing to remember is that Theo is a good boy, definitely not a drug dealer, and he absolutely didn't do nuffin.

Is it Opposite Day?

Their pomme-de-terre-faced Appeaser In Chief oozed up for a photo op, so presumably Theo been vetted and has, to date, not been convicted of anything.

I do rather hope that they get President Le Pen, just to hear the bawwing when she declares that anyone - black, white, transracial - who is unhappy in France is perfectly free to sod right off and sponge a living elsewhere in the EU. I think France is fine for sportsballers, street poets and "yoof workers".

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Sorry, but no, that's not worth noting. Nobody in any authority is going to say anything against the victim whilst there are nightly riots going on.

Utter horse shit. If he was a known drug dealer, thug or criminal the local right wing mayor isn't going to say he's respectable - he'd have just said there needs to be an investigation.

mpd72 wrote:
I find it hard to believe the coppers did it for fun to an innocent citizen.

What crime was he guilty of, given he doesn't have a criminal record?

The french police are notorious for being overly violent. Even if he was being smart mouthed it doesn't make it acceptable behaviour for a police officer to behave like that.

deeds
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2xsb2ph3g

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

Utter horse shit. If he was a known drug dealer, thug or criminal the local right wing mayor isn't going to say he's respectable - he'd have just said there needs to be an investigation.

Yeah, they're going to say he was a little shit and well known local gangster.

I'd suggest reading what I wrote, not what you thought I'd written.

mpd72 wrote:
He wont do it again though will he? Wink

Consequentialism is just a disguise for the morally bankrupt.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
If that was the case, surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to be publishing things that would have affected the Brexit vote, no?

I mean, why risk the public voting to leave?

Rolling Eyes

You don't half see some conspiracies that aren't there.

Well I don't think they thought there was a risk, same with Trump being elected (not saying there's a conspiracy). You have to admit the reaction 6+ months on has been widespread, it seems everywhere even if they have no connection to politics are still upset with the referendum result.

There are also people still wanting to overturn the result/block Brexit from happening. Again not saying there's a conspiracy Smile but the news, current affairs etc. has been pretty bawwing since.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news silence on our side of the channel is definitely curious.

I have an American mate who firmly believes all news networks report everything with honesty, because they just tell people what they want to know about, and there's no such thing as news bias because the stories that do get published are just a reflection of what the public most wants to know about.

I think that's a very naive opinion.

I agree with those who've said that the media silence is mostly related to Brexit.

Similarly there was a lack of reporting on various anti-austerity marches across Europe at the height of the recession.

The MSM have a status quo to maintain. Hassle-free society = hassle-free profits.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:41 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
The french police are notorious for being overly violent.

And the French urban yoof are notorious for being a rock flinging mob of sauvages who harbour a grievance against the French State because while it houses, feeds, clothes and educates them, it only gives them enough money to buy French cars. No wonder they're revolting.

The police need show superhuman restraint and tolerance - they really need to focus on recruiting saints.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never expect the 5-0 bullies to back up their own when they get caught out for being power hungry imbeciles.

Honest. Rolling Eyes

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 25 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't like it up 'em. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4