Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki Hayabusa - You got one?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

funkydisciple
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:22 - 26 Feb 2017    Post subject: Suzuki Hayabusa - You got one? Reply with quote

Hey peeps. Hope you are all well.

For those that own a Hayabusa...how do you find it? you like it? is it reliable? quick off the mark and good round corners? lemme know...seriously considering buying one. trying to organise a test ride but work commitments means I can't do that just yet.

Have a nice day

Daz1245
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:50 - 26 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to own one one day but I prefer the zzr1400 personally due to the styling as I love the front end
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 26 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a ZX12R Thumbs Up

funkydisciple
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:36 - 26 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know I was actually looking at the zzr1400. Seen a few reviews on youtube that seem to be getting high praise.

The hayabusa is one of those bikes I've always admired since I was in high school and I would like to own one. I love the shape (some like it, some don't).....

I'm wondering if any hayabusa owners have had good experiences with it..i/e being reliable and stuff.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for 12 years.

At 220kg dry weight they aren't going to be quick round the corners but that doesn't make them a poor handling bike - far from it. You just don't expect a big bike to handle like a small one.

Quick off the mark? Not particularly. Again the bike's weight takes some getting going. Once the bike's moving though it hauls ass.

Reliable? Yes, very. 100k miles will roll by. The engine is just so strong that you'll find it hard to break any part. 4-500hp on standard crank and gearbox says it all.

MattB puts forward a good alternative. If you're long in the leg, tall and don't intend taking a pillion then the 12r might suit you better but spares are nowhere near as plentiful and they're a bitch to service.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 27 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
MattB puts forward a good alternative. If you're long in the leg, tall and don't intend taking a pillion then the 12r might suit you better but spares are nowhere near as plentiful and they're a bitch to service.

I tried a Busa before I got the 12 and just found it too cramped for me. You sit "in" the Busa much more and that gives a very crouched posture which feels harsh on the hips and knees.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 27 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got rid of mine after 2 years.

35k covered and it never let me down. Great for touring, chuck all the kit you like on it and it will still pull like a train.

Sledge hammer power, but so easy to ride at low speeds. You can easily pull away in third if you're feeling particularly lazy.

Fuel consumption isn't too terrible. I could squeeze 200 miles from a tank fully laden at 'sensible' touring pace, and 100-120 miles when riding a bit more enthusiastically.

The only weak point I found was the rear wheel bearings had a tendency to destroy themselves every now and then, but at least it's a quick cheap fix!

Stock footpegs are WAY too low, and you'll get very bored of them scraping around any decent bend, but a set of elevated rear sets sorts that out.

Don't expect a superbike though. It'll corner just fine, but it won't change direction like a lighter, shorter machine.

To be honest though, the test ride will tell you all you need to know. You'll either love it, or you won't.

Thumbs Up

dave05
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 05:57 - 03 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I have one and love it and yes it does go round corners very quickly Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 03 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
Just got rid of mine after 2 years.

35k covered and it never let me down. Great for touring, chuck all the kit you like on it and it will still pull like a train.

Just out of interest, what are you replacing it with?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1