Nintendo Switch

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tigerlea
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:51 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
The PS4 today makes sense for people who never got the PS3.

That's me, then. But seeing as most of the games I'm interested in playing aren't exclusive, maybe I'll take the suggestion of throwing that money into better PC specs than into a console which would probably want a better TV than I've got to look it's best anyway.

I can always get the handheld controller and pretend the PC is a console Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:19 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....

It seems that the Switch is a total flop.
Hardware and software problems galore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Xbox is really dead to me, the idea of getting it is. It was a DirectXbox (PC ports) all these years, but still had some exclusives worth playing. Now Microsoft releasing these exclusive games on W10 makes me question their intentions.

PS4 vs PS4 Pro, the price difference is negligeable. Yet again, I do not quite understand the ''Pro'' version, this early in the PS4 lifetime. Checking the youbook the ''Pro'' performs even worse in most of the games @ 1080p than the original PS4. Thinking

The PS4 today makes sense for people who never got the PS3. With all the remastered games, there is a plenty to play, for now. But the game releases are very slow and sporadic. I know games today take a bit more time to design and program, but still.

My only ''rant'' at PS4 would be the cooling system of the console and the first gen. controllers. The PS4 is loud, all the time, some games turning it red hot. The first gen. controllers were crap (sticking and creaking buttons, poor build quality). The 2nd. gen. controllers are just spot on. I still do not like the need for the light on it though.

Also, sometimes it feels like Sony/game developers just don't give a feck about what games they release. Dropping frame rate of triple A games is one of those things that I do not understand nor enjoy.

My understanding (probably wrong) was that the first Xbox was a Directxbox, the 360 was a 'proper' console and the current console sort of goes back to the original with the UWP. I think that's why when you click on a file it has to think about it for while, very Windows 10 that Smile I think releasing Xbox titles on Win10 was just to push Windows 10, giving it away free also helped. However I saw somewhere a fairly large chunk (I think 30%) of steam users are still running Win 7.

A lack of backwards compatibility was the clincher for me not getting a PS4, no way am I paying for all my PS3 games again Folded arms Generally I'd say this gen' of consoles have offered a pretty poor experience, performance's all over the place, and games are pushed out half-finished with a we'll fix it later attitude.

Also a bit of a noob question here but why do you have to install games? You had to with the PS3 but I read that was down to the slow blu-ray drive, is that still an issue or is there another reason?

Regarding fans, not actually noticed that about the PS4, but I'm used to the original PS3 and Xbox 360 which were awful. With the phat PS3 you could barely hear a film when the fans kicked in (the later consoles were massively better) Confused

Edit: just thinking more about the Win10 Xbox games thingy. IIRC they did the same thing with Halo 2 to try and promote Vista. So I'm not sure if they're going to continue releasing games (I guess we'll see this year with Forza 7).

lukamon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 10 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
down to the slow blu-ray drive, is that still an issue or is there another reason?

IIRC, pretty much. game disk is literally just a hardware key after install
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2