Spastic Sony PS4/VR HDR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Why when you don't know about something do you feel the need to slag it off? I just don't understand that mindset.

it's a typical human reaction, don't understand something, it = shit

find people with the strongest opinions about something often have little/no experience/understanding of it

orac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do learn to read and understand what you are reading, at no point did I say that 3D and VR were the same, just that it will go the same way as 3D.

never said that lost was before HL2, again please read what is actually written and the stuff you make up in your own head

also play the lost cost demo with director commentary, its is specifically stated that each frame is processed 3 times. HDR is obtained by combining having 3 different exposures on the same frame and using the information from each that is closest to being correctly exposed, and most importantly correctly displayable. the reason this is done, is both camera and screen are incapable of capturing and displaying anywhere close to the dynamic range of the human eye (humane eye is about 1000000:1, static is about 100000:1). by bringing the all the area of the frame in closer to what can be displayed more detail can be seen on screen giving the appears of having a greater contrast ratio within the very narrow ratios available on displays. so to recap, although its called high dynamic range, it actually reduces the dynamic range that needs to be displayed by combining different exposures frame by frame to maintain detail in area that maybe either under or over exposed and any given frame rate. this fools the brain into thinking it has a higher dynamic range than it actually has.

please, please ensure you actually know what you are talking about.
believe it or, I actually know that consoles aren't that powerful, its was to show that actually the tech isn't there yet. the processing power isn't available in that form, and as formerly a PC gamer find all this amazement and wonder over current gen consoles a little bit confusing as the hardware to do these thing has been around for a nearly a decade.

you also have absolutely no idea what I have and have not tried. I never actually said its shit either. just pointed out that it has all been done several time before, and fell by the way side time and again. everything has its applications, the reason thing normally fail is because they make thing overly complex, which leads to failures and bad experiences and puts people off using it, or it pushes hardware too far and causes failures and frustration. making things cheap, leads down the same path.

PC master race FTW

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:05 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

orac wrote:
please do learn to read and understand what you are reading,
I did

orac wrote:
never said that lost was before HL2, again please read what is actually written and the stuff you make up in your own head

You did, at least you heavily implied it, unless you are saying demos come after the final release...

orac wrote:

the source engine used it back in the demo for HL2 (think it was called lost coast or something). don't think it was used in the final release of HL2.

orac wrote:

also play the lost cost demo with director commentary,

I have it was good, walk along the coast look at the scenery go into a town blow up loads of people in a church IIRC. As for the DC about Technology I can't remember, so assuming what you say about the 3x rendering is correct, that might be how was done what 10+ years ago but that isn't how it is done now. If it is then PS 4 PRO is phenomenal machine delivering 4k @30FPS x3! But it isn't, look it up. HDR in the instance we are talking about is not a rendering technology it is increased colour range and contrast, it requires the latest HDMI certification due to the bandwidth it takes up (hence the problem I am having with VR)

orac wrote:

please, please ensure you actually know what you are talking about.

Yes you really should, I would have linked you to explanations of the technology but didn't think you would be dim enough to counter without having a look. Treat yourself to a little google.

orac wrote:

a PC gamer find all this amazement and wonder over current gen consoles a little bit confusing as the hardware to do these thing has been around for a nearly a decade.
you also have absolutely no idea what I have and have not tried.

What are you trying to say? The quality of current console games is about that of PC's 10 years ago?

orac wrote:

you also have absolutely no idea what I have and have not tried.

From what you are saying I can guarantee you haven't tried modern VR.

orac wrote:

PC master race FTW

I have a i7 6700k and Currently 2x GTX780's, I haven't played anything on that that would remotely as good as HZD, and to upgrade my GPUs to somethign that would show a marked improvement would involve spending twice as much as a PS4 PRO.

Alan1986
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:50 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

I just watched a trailer for thumper, it looks horrible. Like being raped in the face with colour and speed. Laughing

There is a demo on the ps store, worth a download to just try out, mainly bought it as the gf liked the demo

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:26 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I tried watching a few VR/3D things on google cardboard and just got motion sickness really quickly. Until they sort that then whats the point?

Same here. I don't know if they can fix it as it seems to only happen to some people. If I'm reading on a train/in a car I start to feel sick, I think this is the opposite. Your brain thinks you're in motion but you're stationary.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Same here. I don't know if they can fix it as it seems to only happen to some people. If I'm reading on a train/in a car I start to feel sick, I think this is the opposite. Your brain thinks you're in motion but you're stationary.

The worst vid for motiin sicknes i watched was actually one of walking round new york.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
M.C wrote:

The worst vid for motiin sicknes i watched was actually one of walking round new york.

There was an underwater Gear vR thing that made me feel really sick. I didn't think racing games were too bad, but then I tried MotoGP with TrinusVR and that made me feel sick as well. I think it was the leaning.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 06:22 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

There was an underwater Gear vR thing that made me feel really sick. I didn't think racing games were too bad, but then I tried MotoGP with TrinusVR and that made me feel sick as well. I think it was the leaning.

Maybe you should try leaning in the real world first and get rid of the chicken strips on your tyres, then try MotoGP. You'd properly feel much better Smile
I feel a little sick sometimes went I move my head to fast, but I haven't puked yet.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2