Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scotchland should
Stay
26%
 26%  [ 24 ]
Sod off
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
Sod off, then keep sodding off, then sod off some more
58%
 58%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 92

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Best for England, a disaster for Scotchland.

The EU will bail you out... Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:57 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd have to let us in first.

Economically, how do you get from a 27% deficit to the notional 3% required to blag your way in? I know, Visegrád, if you say so, but Germoney doesn't have infinitely deep pockets to fund the expansion of the Reich.

Politically, Spain, at a minimum, would veto it because they can't have Catalonia break away in a reverse-Scotchland manoeuvre (Catalonia bankrolls the rest of Spain).

Scotchland can't chuck England until it's on a cast iron promise that it can shack up with Europe. Well, a gold and diamond promise - we'd need a ring on it.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:59 - 14 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:02 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting supposition. Let's see what Sharia does, rather than what she says she might do.

Still no trigger pull on #Brexit. She's run out of excuses.

Burn it down. Burn it all down.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:10 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Economically, how do you get from a 27% deficit to the notional 3% required to blag your way in?

A few years ago, when someone asked the then Greek Prime Minister how they met the fiscal entry criteria, he replied

"We used the same consultants as Italy"

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggyman wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Economically, how do you get from a 27% deficit to the notional 3% required to blag your way in?

A few years ago, when someone asked the then Greek Prime Minister how they met the fiscal entry criteria, he replied

"We used the same consultants as Italy"

Something to do with Goldman Sachs and Barroso i'm sure, the whole lot is corrupt
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
you'd get rid of us in a shot then (re)build a wall, right?

You'd have to build your own wall (or ask Mexico real nice like)

I believe, as an EU nation, you have to have official boarders with non-EU nations, such as England?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

If she can force a threat of Jockzit,

Isn't that a bit like my pet dog deciding what I have for dinner?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:32 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
I believe, as an EU nation, you have to have official boarders with non-EU nations, such as England?

One or some of the many EU Presidents are just after moaning that there cannot be a post-Brexit border between North and South Paddyland because... don't want it. Not fair. [Stamps foot] How very dare you.

If Holyrood ever does get minimum booze pricing past the EU (how ironical) then I could see booze cruises becoming the casus belli for customs checkpoints on the M74. Just for commercial vehicles, of course. At first.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:41 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, I can hear "look favourably upon" emanating from some-to-many EU presidents. Up until the point that Germoney says it's not inviting another beggar into its mansion.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Probably best for Scotland to leave

Rogerborg wrote:
Best for England, a disaster for Scotchland

The problem I have, is that it feels to me that people in Scotland receive more and get greater benefits than I do.

I live in Yorkshire, which is similar in size to Scotland in population and is by far the largest county in England.

Looking at the House of Commons briefing Number 04033, I can see that Scotland has £10,536 per head spent on it, Yorkshire £8,791. England has a whole gets £8,816 per head spent on it.

Why is it that I receive soo much less nearly £2K, it's just not fair, it's not right, we all pay our taxes equally.

The South east is even worse off than Yorkshire, London gets nearly as much as Scotland per head as does Northern Ireland.

My children will be in debt for years to pay for their university, I have to pay for my own prescriptions, if I have another child, I will not receive a free Scandi style baby care box.

I do not have my own local assembly, Scotland/Northern Ireland and London all have.

The only plus points is that I can be trusted to buy a pint at my local football club and I am trusted to drive after having a single pint. (Ohh and we don’t have the midgies).

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:

Why is it that I receive soo much less nearly £2K, it's just not fair, it's not right, we all pay our taxes equally.

Is your complaint that you're not being forced to take your share of medication, because we all pay our taxes equally, funding the NHS Rolling Eyes

I wonder, could it possibly be that there's a different cost associated with delivering the same services to communities that live in more Scotland and those that live in Yorkshire?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/mowa/fuxit/scootchland.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/mowa/fuxit/chl-key-statistics-yorkshire-and-the-humber-population-density-2010-map.png

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's not the same services. We are not all equal, don't get me wrong I'd love to get the same.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:38 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
The problem I have, is that it feels to me that people in Scotland receive more and get greater benefits than I do.

Oh, we do.

Yes, infrastructure costs are higher, but Holyrood lives far, far beyond its means to buy votes.

Free prescriptions, lower A&E waiting times, better geezer care, no university fees (for Scotties), we just take and take and take then spit in England's eye and blame it for our woes.

What are you going to do about it, Whitey?

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Scots will have to keep voting until they get the answer right.

Last indyref I wanted Scotland to stay. This time round I couldn't give a hoot. The world has moved on. A few years back it was unthinkable. Now it's mid-to-bottom table on the list of possible/likely upheavals.

There are 12 rUKers for every Scot. Any £1 each of us saves leaves each Scot £12 out of pocket. Or €12.24.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you not missing something here? What about NI, Wales, London and South Oxfordshire? Should they stay or should they go?

Me thinks May wants them go too. In fact I have a sneak peek at her master plan. Ere enjoy:

1. Triggers Artcile 50 - March 2017
2. To send Boris to offend somebody in the EU - May 2017
2. To send Boris to offend somebody in the EU again - Aug 2017
3. Refuse to recognise previous UK obligations and contracts - Oct 2017
3. Get the middle finger from the EU about any deal - Apr 2018
4. Lose Scotland - Oct 2018
5. Lose NI - Jan 2019
6. Lose Wales - Feb 2019
6. Lose London - Mar 2019
7. The UK is out of the EU and needs a new name, probaly little England? - Apr 2019
8. Lose the UN Security Council as there is no more United Kingdom.- 2020?
9 .The new global power is ready. Send the gun ships....wait send the new Boris yacht to the former colonies and start the global domination as you wish. -2021
10. Little England leaves the edge of the Solar system in 2025 as predicted by the Pub Landlord of the FUKIP.

cheers

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:36 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

At which point in that list do you leave the UK?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
The South east is even worse off than Yorkshire, London gets nearly as much as Scotland per head as does Northern Ireland.

My children will be in debt for years to pay for their university, I have to pay for my own prescriptions, if I have another child, I will not receive a free Scandi style baby care box.

I do not have my own local assembly, Scotland/Northern Ireland and London all have.

The only plus points is that I can be trusted to buy a pint at my local football club and I am trusted to drive after having a single pint. (Ohh and we don’t have the midgies).

London generates a shit load of tax revenue, it would be massively better off as an independent state. What a ludicrous suggestion I hear you cry, well London voted remain with a population larger than Scotland and Wales combined, yet the Scots and the Welsh still see it as a reason to breakaway.

Personally I welcome it, Wales and Scotland get more benefits as it is, which I'm sure they'll be able to maintain with tax revenues from such a small population.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Best for England, a disaster for Scotchland.

The EU will bail you out... Laughing

That's the thing, they might won't. Razz

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do leave can we please stop fucking about with the clocks.
Being light at 4am is of no use to anyone whereas light at 11pm will be excellent.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7