Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scotchland should
Stay
26%
 26%  [ 24 ]
Sod off
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
Sod off, then keep sodding off, then sod off some more
58%
 58%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 92

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:43 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

Everyone, UKers!

I have a wonderful idea.

Nicky and Alex and young Mhairi Black here, well, they have just never quite latched on to the Camp UK spirit, nor have some of their little comrades.

Isn't that sad?

Don't we just hate that?

Don't we wish they'd just die?

I for one can't wait for Scotchland to shoulder its hundred billion pound share of the national debt, lose its £15 billion in handoots, and just for good measure, make Wee Nicky Crankie's wish come true and retain the UK's extant EU membership - and our share of the net budget contribution.

I assume that if we had a UK wide vote on The Scotch Issue that you'd get rid of us in a shot then (re)build a wall, right?

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the people do call for another referendum, they should give the rest of the UK a voice too.

SNP will get what they so desire then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some Scotch friends. Sadly I would have to sacrifice them for the greater good of fucking off the skirt wearing transvestites and saving a bob or two.

I would move the border up a bit first, have a lowlands clearing operation and keep some of the land. It's not as if we don't own it since Culloden. Cool

Then we let the EU have another scrounging member to bring it to it's knees all the sooner Thumbs Up

After that we only have to get rid of Wales, Northern Ireland, Cornwall and Luton. Clapping

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKers? I thought only I was using this expression.

Anyway, I say let the Scotland leave the UK. They want it, you (English) want it, so why not.

The worst that can happen is the EU telling the now independet Scotland ''I don't think so'', on the application form. Well that and Scotland going bankrupt, as without the English tax payers money they won't be able to sustain the standard of living and benefits at the current level. As said many times before (find my posts in the Brexit thread), Scotland has got no viable industry = no money. Their oil and coal are nice, but the market is very unpredictable, not to mention most of their oil reserve is not so accesible, for it to be financionaly interesting for any investors. Yes, this might change, but I doubt it.

Their only chance of survival would be the EU, which is something I can't quite understand now. They want to be independent, so they leave the UK to join the EU which would, to a certain extant, be the same situation as being part of the UK.
Your country, your representatives might have their voice and vote power in the UK/EU, but there are also other countries that don't have to necessarily have the same political views as your country, all resulting in what's going on in the EU today.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:59 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I don't understand why people are either surprised or have a go at the SNP for attempting to manipulate events into allowing them to have another referrendum.

It's no secret. Scottish nationalism is what they do and their reason for existing. The clue is in the name.

What would be weird is if they didn't attempt to turn the agenda to scottish independance at every opportunity.

You know what? If there is a second referrendum in which the answer is no and people STILL insist on re-electing what is effectively a single issue a political party. They'll want a third.

Brexit is just the latest political tool they are using to justify it. The SNP manipulated the brexit vote in Scotland by effectively promising the "oot-ers" that a vote to remain was a vote for a second referrendum as long as the UK as a whole votedleave. Nikki would have had a face to sour milk if the whole of the UK had voted to remain.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"By voting to leave the UK, we are taking back control of our sovereignty, we will be able to put in place our own policies and laws on international relations and our economy, including defence and energy. Natural resources and fishing will also benefit from falling under national administration for the first time in over four hundred years. We will now be able to take back control of our country."

Sounds familiar Thinking

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:13 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more than happy for the scotishers to fuck off, so long as they take Newcastle with them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started off wanting Scotland to remain, then I didn't care what happened as long as Alex Salmond went away... both happened Dance! Unfortunately someone even more annoying popped up and now I think we'll be better off without you teacake eating, lucozade swigging neds. Borg we would grant you asylum but we don't care for immagants anymore.

Sorry
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have a chuckle last week when Mother Theresa was berating the Sturgeon for having tunnel vision and putting Scottish independent above all else at the expense of all other eventuallities, as Stinkwheel said the clue's in the name!
Of course what Mother Theresa failed to mention is the fact that she is a member of the Conservative and Unionist party, which by definition puts the union above all else, at the expense of all other eventualities!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:10 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Surely the referendum would only be advisory and clearly not binding, just like the EU one?

And we'll be able to rely on Gina Miller insisting that the UK Parliament must have its say. Idea

stinkwheel wrote:
I don't understand why people are either surprised or have a go at the SNP for attempting to manipulate events into allowing them to have another referrendum.

The surprise is this. That when they were a protest party, they could pretend ignorance of the reality of the relationship, and kid on that Scotchland could be a Celtic Tiger. Grrowwrs.

But now that they're actually running the circus, I can't see how they can keep a straight face any more.

Oil and gas money? They must know now that even if there was anything worthwhile left in the North Sea, that the revenues are long since assigned to companies South of the Border.

That they're utterly reliant on £15 billion a year from Westminster to fund their giveaways: university fees, free prescriptions, lower hospital waiting times, a higher per-capita spend on infrastructure. Not that you'll ever hear a word of thanks out of them.

That they have an ageing, sick, work-shy population, that there are no magical savings to be made, or pips to be squeezed to balance the books. Aberdeen is stuffed in the mid term, Shetland is stuffed up the bum, dry. Costs and costs and costs and costs.

My Glasgow Cooncil source reckons that landlords are tearing down their own commercial properties to avoid paying the 90% rates being levied even on empty sites - they can't even give bricks and mortar away in some areas.

Scotland is less of a tiger and more of a wheezing diabetic neutered tom with a lifelong Cystophan habit. If it drags itself out of its cosy basket and onto the mean streets, it's not going to last long on its own, or find anyone willing to take it in.

Which is, of course, entirely the fault of them bastards in that London.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
That they're utterly reliant on £15 billion a year from Westminster to fund their giveaways: university fees, free prescriptions, lower hospital waiting times, a higher per-capita spend on infrastructure. Not that you'll ever hear a word of thanks out of them.

"What have the English ever done for us"?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:45 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build the wall. Thumbs Up

Bye bye Scotch regional forum. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:08 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Build the wall. Thumbs Up

Bye bye Scotch regional forum. Laughing

Good luck, I'm behind 7 Panamanian proxies.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/1ZHOnYb.gif
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I assume that if we had a UK wide vote on The Scotch Issue that you'd get rid of us in a shot then (re)build a wall, right?

Yep, and we'd make you pay for it too!

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Scotchland splits, they could always expand Trump's golf course for some income. He could put nukes there.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:23 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Yep, and we'd make you pay for it too!

Sounds fair.

Can you shout us a few billion, just until the end of the month? We're good for it, nae worries.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably best for Scotland to leave, I supported it last time and I will the next time.

Please let England have a vote if they wish to continue being in the UK.

Wales/Northern Ireland & Scotland can do their own thing.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: #IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Can you shout us a few billion, just until the end of the month? We're good for it, nae worries.

Just for Scotland, Westminster is introducing www.QuickBillionQuid.com pay day loans for struggling economies.

Warning: Late repayment can cause you serious money problems. For help, go to https://europa.eu/european-union/index_en

Representative Example: Amount of credit: £20,000,000,000 for 84 days. Total repayment of £334,000,000,000. Interest: £134,000,000,000. Interest rate: 292% pa (fixed). 1295% APR Representative. Unpaid loans to be collected in the form of Scootch tears.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A second Scottish independence referendum would be “divisive” and ” cause huge economic uncertainty at the worst possible time”, the UK Government has said

Because two "divisive" referendums causing "huge economic uncertainty" is just one too many for the Pry Minister...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:29 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Probably best for Scotland to leave

Best for England, a disaster for Scotchland. It'd be a 50 Poond Euro tax on a bottle of whiskey, 3 men to a kilt, and rustling black puddings across the border to eke out our meagre haggis ration.

I cannot stress enough that the SNP have no plan for financing an independent Scotchland.

The most positive projection I can find is this'un from 2014. Note that tax revenue is well below the UK average until you include... can you guess?

Aye, North sea oil and gas revenue, on the fantasy "geographical basis". Yes, this was produced just below the oil price tanked.

Now? Bankrupt. £127 spent for ever £100 raised. That's beyond the wildest profligate dreams of Spain, Italy or even Greece.

This isn't like #Brexit, Scotchland is a poor wee nation with no leverage in any potential deal or relationship. It could only continue to enjoy its current easy life with the EU grunting and sweating on top of it and pumping money into it. Why would they, when they can already enjoy the same ungrateful nippy never ending demands from the Visegrád spongers?

The Scotch can't even devalue a notional Jockish Poond to make it an attractive target for exploitation "investment" since Caledonia is nothing but swamps and rocks and is totally reliant on imports of food and raw materials.

The Fishy Folk are deranged if they think they can make it work.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
kawakid wrote:
Probably best for Scotland to leave

Best for England, a disaster for Scotchland. It'd be a 50 Poond Euro tax on a bottle of whiskey, 3 men to a kilt, and rustling black puddings across the border to eke out our meagre haggis ration.

I cannot stress enough that the SNP have no plan for financing an independent Scotchland.

The most positive projection I can find is this'un from 2014. Note that tax revenue is well below the UK average until you include... can you guess?

Aye, North sea oil and gas revenue, on the fantasy "geographical basis". Yes, this was produced just below the oil price tanked.

Now? Bankrupt. £127 spent for ever £100 raised. That's beyond the wildest profligate dreams of Spain, Italy or even Greece.

This isn't like #Brexit, Scotchland is a poor wee nation with no leverage in any potential deal or relationship. It could only continue to enjoy its current easy life with the EU grunting and sweating on top of it and pumping money into it. Why would they, when they can already enjoy the same ungrateful nippy never ending demands from the Visegrád spongers?

The Scotch can't even devalue a notional Jockish Poond to make it an attractive target for exploitation "investment" since Caledonia is nothing but swamps and rocks and is totally reliant on imports of food and raw materials.

The Fishy Folk are deranged if they think they can make it work.

I'm sorry Roge, but Virtue signalling nobhead politicians need to be made an example of, if that means turning Scotland in to Zimbabwe, then so be it, i look forward to that smug bastard Robertson talking his way out of a massive debt hole
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7