Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#IndyRef2 quit your whinging and GTFO thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scotchland should
Stay
26%
 26%  [ 24 ]
Sod off
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
Sod off, then keep sodding off, then sod off some more
58%
 58%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 92

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:

The NHS is shit enough that anyone that can afford it doesn't use it.

The railways are shit (at least for intercity), more expensive and less convenient than driving in most cases. So you buy a car and skip them.

The schools are shit, anyone who can sends their kids to private.

You're right. Having used private healthcare for myself, the difference is vast. I only had a minor operation, but I could schedule it for when I wanted it and I saw the consultant the day after my doctor referred me. Tbh I didn't look the part going in wearing my bike gear. (Work funded).

I only ever get a train if I am cycling. (i.e I get the train there and cycle back).

I'd love to send my kids to private school, but I have 3 of them and I don't earn enough, if I had one, then yeah, off he would go. Luckily they do go to a school, where people travel a long way to go to.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:

I'd love to send my kids to private school, but I have 3 of them and I don't earn enough, if I had one, then yeah, off he would go.
Pick your favourite and send him/her.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/03/15/more-on-why-gers-might-properly-be-called-crap-data/
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:25 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The position on that was never clear. The Union of the United Kingdom was between Scotchland and England (and England's possessions: Taffyland, Mickland and the rest).

A split would arguably result not in Scotchland leaving the Union, but in the dissolution of that Union, voiding all treaties, including England (and her possessions') membership of the EU.

Hilariously, if the Jocks do succeed in getting FREEEEDOMMMM on short notice, it might leave England free to instantly tear up their EU membership - and debts owed - as well.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who has the true figures then? I'm watching comment wars and it is nearly all basically:

When you sweaties leave ur cantry will sink without us supporting you!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE

or

When we take back our independence we will be livin in the land ov milk n honey FREEDDDUUMMM REEEEEEEEEEE

So, does anyone actually have the data on this or is it all fake news again?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:20 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ENGLISH OPPRESSORS have "estimates", but obviously you can't trust that because they want to keep the Free Folk toiling in the haggis mines.

All facts are lies, you just have to go with your gut feeling. Ignore that 50% of Scotch GDP is public spending, that 1 in 5 workers are directly employed by the state, that 1 in 5 workers are registered disabled, that Scotland is a cold, wet, hilly, resource-poor country with a scattered, sick, ageing, thick population which will always have higher infrastructure costs.

You can't prove anything! OPPRESSION!

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But but But the oil Roger, the oil, the black honey don't you see!!!!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:52 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I guessed (IRL, no [citation]) Nicky Krankie has spat her dummy and shelved the Oot Again vote for now. Petted lip because she got upstaged.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I see the Scottish parliament decided to carry on with business as usual after the terrorist attack in London.

A Scottish Conservative MP requested the debate be adjourned, to have her request denied until later when many others said they couldn't concentrate.

Classy, very classy. Middle Finger

Are you sure?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39358442
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
I see the Scottish parliament decided to carry on with business as usual after the terrorist attack in London.

A Scottish Conservative MP requested the debate be adjourned, to have her request denied until later when many others said they couldn't concentrate.

Classy, very classy. Middle Finger

Are you sure?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39358442

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pwnt again. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, some politicians were unhappy about the decision to suspend the debate.
Liberal Democrat MSP Mike Rumbles was among those to argue it was a "mistake", telling BBC Scotland that had huge sympathy for those affected by the attack, but that: "We should not be giving in to terrorism, and I believe we've done that".
Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham was also unhappy with the decision - but was later said to agree entirely after learning the full details of the London attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39354555
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Oh I'm quite sure, I watched the full report on the news.

I thought you didn't believe the news.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberal Democrat MSP Mike Rumbles was among those to argue it was a "mistake", telling BBC Scotland that had huge sympathy for those affected by the attack, but that: "We should not be giving in to terrorism, and I believe we've done that".

Didn't they suspend campaigning in the EU referendum after the Jo Cox murder? Either their stuff was more important or a copper and others dying/being injured was of no importance.

Arrogant Scots

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Very pleased that sense has won the day & Holyrood has been suspended "

Of course it's not as important that bacon and innocent proles are killed. I can't believe you'd think overwise.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Feel free to back pedal like you normally do.

Still smarting from the boat migrant thread are you? Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:58 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krankie: "we all feel a sense of solidarity with the people of London tonight".

Never, in the field of human hypocrisy, has so much shite spewed from such a waspy wee mouth.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:02 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why it needed to be suspended anyway. I didn't stop doing my job because something untoward happened 100's of miles away. Maybe their fee feels feels were hurt.

Given that, in a crisis, these people are meant to guide us and prevent panic they don't really do a good job of coping with a minor incident like this. They need to show a bit of backbone, for once.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I don't see why it needed to be suspended anyway.

Because Krankie needs to be the centre of attention.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 10:52 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The position on that was never clear. The Union of the United Kingdom was between Scotchland and England (and England's possessions: Taffyland, Mickland and the rest).

Is it, or is it a union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So it wouldn't be Scotland directly leaving the the United Kingdom, rather leaving Great Britain.

All the best

Katy

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The daily fail was reporting that the Scotchland debate continued for over an hour after they were informed of the Drama's down in London Town...

A subtle snub at London from the scotchlanders if you ask me. Tables turned and the old Stergeon would be howling from the rooftops.

Am quickly loosing love for scotchlanders, tragic they have such a nice part of the Island Rolling Eyes.

That being said, I to would love to see some reliable numbers (if such a thing exists) however the majority of what I have seen suggests they would go bankrupt without the UK or EU to leech off. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7