27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Double Bubble
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Windscreens - Double Bubble VS Touring Screens Reply with quote

Hello Almighty BCF,

Considering changing my standard SV screen for a double bubble or a touring screen.
General concensus suggests any screen is better than the standard, removing the wind blast to the chest.
However I can't decide if I could live with a huge touring screen which would deflect most of the blast, or take the middle ground, double bubble, which looks better but may not offer the same protection.

What's everyone opinions on double bubble / touring screens?

Cheers!

https://www.zerogravity-racing.com/images/products/windscreens/157/image_157_compare2.jpg
stock - DB - Touring

https://www.zerogravity-racing.com/images/products/windscreens/157/image_157_compare1.jpg
Touring - DB - Stock

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the SV? Wink

DB all the way - But I usually ride naked's for silly miles, so take my response with a mountain of salt.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found double bubbles to give pretty reasonable wind deflection, a couple of years ago I swapped the huge db on my gixer for something a little less...... Bulbous. But it still works very well.

I haven't tried out touring screens so can't compare.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an MBA double bubble for my er6. Made no difference at all. In fact I get werid turbulence with a pillion that I didn't get before.

It's a personal thing I think.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just pushes the wind off your chest and onto your head tbh. This caused a nasty whistle on one of my bikes that was incredibly irritating.

Though ducking behind it does make a slight difference.

Until you get a massive screen like on Pans, Gold wings or FJRs it doesn't make that much of a difference.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:57 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double bubble is designed for you to tuck in behind it. Useful for motorway slogs (gets rid of a good slice of wind noise too), or belting down the straights on a track day.

Less noticable on the twisties to your favourite coffee emporium. But you'll still look cooler when you get there Wink

In addition, as bubbles are meant to be looked through, getting a super dark tin on it is a bit counter productive.

Touring screen will reduce wind blast all the time (important if you have the neck muscles of a 5 year old) but will also make you look like you've strapped a riot shield to your bike.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It just pushes the wind off your chest and onto your head tbh. This caused a nasty whistle on one of my bikes that was incredibly irritating.

This is often the case, and it's why I just left the standard screen on the ZX6 when we went to Barcelona last year. I put a double bubble on the ZX12 and can't say it really made any difference. That was an MRA screen, really nice quality and if you really want to change they are worth a look. I liked the graduated tint on it.

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys Thumbs Up

The standard SV screen focusing everything onto my upper chest, which not only gets uncomfortable, it's gets ruddy cold.

Living in Cornwall, every "trip" is a lot of Dual carriageway riding.
(1 hour dual carriageway out + another hour to reach the motorway )
So I'm trying to make the SV that tiny bit more comfortable.
The touring screen is overkill I agree, I thought the DB would be a good compromise.

Dave V4
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:49 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an MRA db on my zx6 and its fairly good at high speed, quite comfortable to ride for a few hours without much buffeting, no idea if its better than standard as it was fitted when I bought the bike

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:37 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a blue double bubble for an SV650S if you fancy it?

It's free, just pay the postage or collect from Blackpool. You can always try it and see how you feel since it's free.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1