Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Argos - Order Cancellation, delayed refund.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:17 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Argos - Order Cancellation, delayed refund. Reply with quote

Had a mini Saga with Agros,

I was looking for a PS4 PRO with Horizon Zero Dawn.

Out of all the bundles Argos was the best £349.99 compared to £369.99 Everywhere

However everywhere was out of stock, on UKHD many comments said they never had stock it was one of those shitty offers. The next day I checked again and there was 1 in stock in a fairly local Argos. I ordered it the money went out at 15:06. At 15:08 I got this mail...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=99287

Note the 5 works days part, piss taking cunts. Now I'm guessing someone beat me to it, and it isn't in stock. I have no problem with that, but why does it take them 5 working days to send me money when I sent it to them instantly.

I rung up to have a moan, I knew it wouldn't go anywhere but fancied an argument.

It was very much as you'd imagine

I sent you the money instantly why can't you send it back the same.
It's the system.
Why is the system for taking money different.
Because thats how it is.
I'll tell you why, because you don't earn anything out of refunds, what happens to the interest on MY money?

I then recieved a text saying my order was ready to collect. I was confused by this. I checked my Argos account...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=99288

Confused

Looks like I'm due a free game. I figure it will never work, I'll go in and the staff will take one look at the screen and and give me a WTF look. Or I'll go and collect it and suddenly my refund will be down £47. So I decide to leave it.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a text message saying 'Your order is ready please collect it before 17/03/17'

I check my bank account and SUCCESS, I have the £350 back. I figure a small detour is worth it on my way home. I'm praying I get a thick as shit half asleep teenager who will just give it to me no questions. I get to the counter and a young girl is there, she looks happy and attentive, 'bugger' I think, 'She's switched on'. Sweating and somewhat nervous I give her my code. She smiles and bounces away to the back. Seconds later reappears with the game and smile hands it over with a 'Have a good evening' I smile back and say 'I am!'

I consider it my interest on the money they held Laughing I sold it to a mate for £30.

In the meantime I had ordered the Pro from Tesco, £369 with the game, It was excellent service I ordered it about 16:30 Friday it was ready to be collected at my local tesco Lunchtime saturday.

So thanks to Argos I ended up £10 better of than the original deal. Cool

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely fail to understand how Argos is still in business,

They're completely useless, it's like Amazon but you still have to mix with the great un-washed to find out that what you ordered is no longer in stock after you've paid for it and waited at the counter for 30 mins.

You then choose an alternative camera, which comes with family photos already on it despite being sealed up, you complain, you get accused of taking the photos yourself, does my wife look like she changes skin colour on a daily basis?

pretty much everything I have ever bought from Argos breaks, quite quickly, no idea why

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:54 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

and their website is run by trained chimps which make halfords staff seem professional.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:42 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
I completely fail to understand how Argos is still in business,

They're completely useless, it's like Amazon but ...

They agree with you. They're desperate to close their shops highly taxed collection points, and move to a direct-delivery system. They're doing same-day deliveries from their large network of distribution centres which has been reliable enough on the couple of times that I've used it.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argos amaze me on their business model of "you must buy before you get to see product."

That and their tard staff.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-G wrote:
If you go to customer service with item number they will get it brought down and you can have a look THEN if you want it you can buy it.

You're opening the door to a new adventure. There's a worker local that transferred after she annoyed me at another store and sometimes works on the counter, wheey I've got me next day out planned.

You'll be telling me the yellow Brum car was filmed in Brum next. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-G wrote:
Hartley Hare - Pig, now that's a Brummie!

Bit before my time.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure they price check a fast track, normally give number to staff member and then they give you the item, no further transaction required.

I'd be trying to collect it, free PS4, if they charge you return it.

Omega
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 02:54 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem over Christmas. I ordered an Elite controller for collection, paid, and then received an e-mail saying they couldn't fill the order or whatever and that money hadn't been taken out of my account. I placed exactly the same order for delivery and received it the next day.

They did take the cash out of my account for the initial purchase so I complained and ended up with a £15 Argos voucher.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:54 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Argos - Order Cancellation, delayed refund. Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Note the 5 works days part, piss taking cunts.

Have you considered that the delay could be down to your card provider returning the money and not Argos?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

You'll be telling me the yellow Brum car was filmed in Brum next. Rolling Eyes Laughing

later episodes where brum fought crime where filmed in and around brum

the early ones where filmed in the Cotswolds and used the Borton on the water motor museum which used to house him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:09 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Argos - Order Cancellation, delayed refund. Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
chris-red wrote:
Note the 5 works days part, piss taking cunts.

Have you considered that the delay could be down to your card provider returning the money and not Argos?

It was PayPal..

They just sent me this Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:06 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Argos - Order Cancellation, delayed refund. Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

It was PayPal..

They just sent me this Laughing

I did a refund through paypal recently and it took a few days to show up in my account as per normal card refunds (which is down to the banks). However paypal did email me about it straight away I believe.

Bru
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:06 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing something. Did you (OP) also order the game, or was it bundled with the PS4? Seems strange to complain about a refund delay, while happily taking something which was not ordered.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1