Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Are you organised?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Are you organised? Reply with quote

Everyone has stuff to do. I'm reasonably organised (particularly at work), but have an underlying list of jobs that crop up, think to myself "ok, that needs doing", maybe even prep for it, but then it gets put on the backburner because reasons, until I "discover" the job needs doing again.

Do you get by with just remembering, keep a calendar/diary/todo list, or just react to stuff as and when it happens?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember stuff needs doing I just CBA most of the time.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clean and organise everything then slowly turn it into a mess then repeat the cycle.

Feels good to have a blitz.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, what do I need to remember?

1. Go out on the bike if it's a nice day....

Er....

Yeah, better make a note of it Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Bastard Terror wrote:
I clean and organise everything then slowly turn it into a mess then repeat the cycle.

This.

The purge of cleaning and getting rid of stuff feels great.

ಠ_ಠ

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:41 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lists on my phone, and then I usually look at the list when I have a free weekend or spare cash. Actually most of my lists are things to buy for my house or my bike. I have numerous lists.

I am pretty organised though, and stuff like bill paying or paperwork usually gets done quickly as I have an inability to forget things (read minor anxiety about forgetting!).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write out to-do lists most evenings before I go to bed, ready for the next day.

Lists are helping me plod on with things, and I can be pretty organised.

What is hard is developing the same human level of down-time. Unless I am sick or high, I want to be doing productive things all the time.

Also, how the hell do you guys stay productive once you have a partner? If I have someone else in the house I might else well forget about getting anything done.

Not an issue for odd times, but how do you do it when you live with people? Genuine question.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

very organised

right down to going out I'm ready to go about an hour before hand

then get stressed waiting for everyone else and feel crap

am doing it now as ready to go out to watch the rugby and wife and daughter are pissing about

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
Howling Bastard Terror wrote:

This.

The purge of cleaning and getting rid of stuff feels great.

I'm a blitzing purger too, but i'm mostly just reactionary.
I try to limit the amount of things in my life that require organisation.

Plus with my job being a shitmuncher level IT one, paid far below the market rate, they don't deserve use of the little organisation skills I have. Folded arms

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only describe myself as organised chaos.

Organised in that I know where my things are (files, letters, possessions), and I usually know, within a couple of hundred, what's in my bank account/credit card limit.

But the chaos means I sometimes get caught short Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd LIKE to be more organised.
I MEAN to be more organised, and do try to put things in order.

But it just seems to all come to naught Rolling Eyes

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm organised at work but make lists, I bought some sticky backed plastic whiteboard stuff and stuck it on my desk so that I can write straight on it and keep up to date. It works pretty well until someone else comes along and dumps their stuff on my desk and wipes off some of my tasks. Oops.

I also makes lists on my phone. At home I am disorganised but I know where everything is, I actually really need to have a tidy up and shred old bank statements and receipts. They are everywhere Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought myself a shredder just last week.

I'm currently halfway through a "paperless office" exercise,
(although I get pretty much halfway through most projects before I lose interest in them Rolling Eyes ) - which involves scanning all the paperwork I have floating around, and then shredding them.

I started scanning stuff, and I had a "scanned, needs shredding" pile, but somehow the papers from there got mixed up with some papers that haven't been scanned and/or sent to the accountant, so I have to [find the time to] figure out which ones are already done and which aren't.

Plus my scanner hasn't got a feeder, so flatbed scanning is soooooo tedious.

And there are cakes to eat, candies to crush*, catch-up binges to be watched. There are only so many hours in a day and the dent on the sofa where my arse goes needs widening.

Tempting to just shred everything, though!

*Point of order: I don't actually PLAY Candy Crush, it's just generic for "electronic timewasting games"

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sooper organised.
Although I'm currently working on my backlog of video games, of which Pokemon Go is currently taking up a lot of hours (and is at least partly responsible for the two stone I've dropped this year).

After I've cleared the game backlog (I predict late July, although Dawn of War 3 is released in late April) then I'll get round to touching up the holes I've knocked in the living room walls and fitting the new en suite, bathroom, kitchen and utility.

Progress is hampered by adult things though. I've currently forgotten to get back to Halifax about them wanting to cancel that credit card that I want to keep. The laundry basket fills itself at least twice a day. I'm sure I did the dishwasher yesterday, but there's no spoons left and the day after I've hoovered there's cat fur and lint all over the carpet.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

professionally, yes, very

at work I met deadlines, got stuff done, organised and delegated

at home, meh - just in time'll do it

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have enough time to be organised Crying or Very sad .
I have a dozen and a half of things that need to be done, but other people keep getting in my way, that and a shortage of money Sad .

My diary keeps me on track Thumbs Up

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:13 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg level efficiency at work.
However, desk and fridge at home are a sea of Post It note reminders. Though they’re sort of organised chaos. Pink – to do. Yellow – to buy. Orange – study related. Green – stuff I have to phone sons and remind them to do.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:19 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm neat and tidy, hate mess but as for organisation... very much a scatter brain. I do like to make lists about lists and frequently forget the most important things but remember random things well.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:00 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs stinkwheel and I had a discussion early on in our relationship about how writing "to-do" lists for other people is a form of nagging.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:14 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm organised at work because I need to be.

At home, reasonable at best I would say!

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oscillate. It's probably bipolar or something like that.

There are times when I hyper-focus and just stop all leisure and knock out everything on the todo systematically, and then come up with more shit to do that would enhance me.

Then there are times when I actively fight the idea of even having a list. Like, c'mon man, this is my one life, I want to be 'making appointments' and doing the dishes and all of that shit? u wot. Let's buy some fabulous clothes and go down the pub.

I think it's some sort of temporarily embarassed millionaire thing. Like one day I think I'll be able to do #2 all the time, but not if I don't do #1. But if I do #1 all the time I lose sight of what the point even is. So yeah, wibble wobble.

BrownTrousers
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:19 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely organised. At work and at home.

TO-DO lists are my primary method of tracking what i need to (or want to) do. I love them.

But everyone is different - having a list and knowing what to is coming next puts me at ease but it would certainly stress other people out due to lack of freedom etc.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:00 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have todo lists, reminders etc, on my phone, post-its, calendar, computer, bits of paper, even receive text reminders and I'll forger strait away unless I do it strait away.
My desk and other table tops are a mess with notes, timetables, books etc. when I tidy up the world goes to chaos as soon after I'll need something and can't find it Rolling Eyes

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always just winged it!

Every job I ever had, I was issued with a diary, never wrote a single thing in any of 'em! Mr. Green

Listing things on paper is admitting defeat, gotta keep those little grey cells working! Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2