Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Avoid these scum.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Avoid these scum. Reply with quote

These dirty spiv cunts:

Right Choice Insurance Brokers Ltd

St James House
27-43 Eastern Road
Romford
Essex
RM1 3NH

Went through all the blah blah blah, money taken, then started adding further requirements, told to forget it, stated a cancellation-fee would be charged. Muppet says he'll get the "floor manager", some chav-spiv cunt comes on the line and starts talking pure lying BS. Apparently it's "totally impossible to get insurance without providing proof of no-claims and a copy of your licence". So far, since 1994, I've had to provide neither to any ins company, car or bike. Swinton tried it on a couple of years ago, after roasting them they stopped asking.

So, I think we all know the scam. Ins company never provides ins, it asks for docs, you send them, they pretend they never arrived and without informing you they don't cover you, they simply refund the premium you paid MINUS their 'cancellation fee'. Criminal fraudster filth. But all legal, on the surface of it.

The bank's dealing with it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:31 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Avoid these scum. Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I think we all know the scam.

You don't have any no claims and you don't have a license?

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:35 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCE did the same thing to me.

Provided the quote, I was happy with it so paid up. Then they want Thatchcam certificates, photos of my bike in the shed, pictures of my almax etc etc

Told them to stick it (was my own fault for going for a cheapy and declaring security tbh) and they tried to charge me 20 quid admin fee. Moaned enough on the phone and they waived it as 'goodwill'.

Avoid cheapo chop shop insurers, its just not worth the bother.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:50 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie Lad wrote:
MCE did the same thing to me.

Provided the quote, I was happy with it so paid up. Then they want Thatchcam certificates, photos of my bike in the shed, pictures of my almax etc etc

Unusual, they never asked for any of that from me and I have all the above. I do agree that they're shysters and take the piss at every opportunity. Only recently they tried charging me an extra £30 for a missed payment which they fucked up. Said they'd "waive the admin charge as goodwill". I said if they didn't I'd report them to the insurance ombudsman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never bother declaring security even though I have it, as it seem to make no difference to my policy a pound at best. If I ever forgot to chain my bike to the ground anchor, the insurance won't pay out.

Bennets, never asked for proof of no claims.

Carol did.

I think I was asked for a scan of my license a few years back, but I can't rememeber from whom.

I've also got one of the licenses where I have lost 2 years. (I passed 13 years back on a 125), my new license shows the date my 33bhp ended. Luckily I have scans and the older licenses and pass cert.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who's bored and fancies a laugh, ring these scum, ask for the 'floor manager' (the spiv-voiced barrow-boy cunt) and get him to tell you how it's "totally impossible to get car or bike insurance without providing copies of no-claims and driving licence."

Tel: 0845 555 0666

Apparently I'm a liar. Laughing

Oneear
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:09 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything else being equal (price, benefits etc) then why wouldn't you just provide proof of NCD and a copy of your licence?

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:11 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Anyone who's bored and fancies a laugh, ring these scum, ask for the 'floor manager' (the spiv-voiced barrow-boy cunt) and get him to tell you how it's "totally impossible to get car or bike insurance without providing copies of no-claims and driving licence."

Tel: 0845 555 0666

Apparently I'm a liar. Laughing
Do you not think its perfectly normal for them to see your driving license and years no claims? I thought it was the Norm for them to ask for this.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneear wrote:
Everything else being equal (price, benefits etc) then why wouldn't you just provide proof of NCD and a copy of your licence?

Because I don't have the time to go chasing documents from PITA ins companies that aren't even necessary in the first place and were mentioned ONLY after the deal was supposedly done. Nor do I have the time to make copies of my licence and send them. As I said to Swinton a couple of years ago when they tried it on (days after the ins had already started), if they want shit they can get it themselves...earn your fucking commission, you shiftless poncing cunts.

And it's a clear sign of a scam. I've read numerous cases over the years right here on BCF where BS docs were required, the rider sent them, then heard nothing more until he discovered he had no cover. The ins company then claimed it never received the docs but swore blind it DID inform the rider his cover was cancelled and a cancellation-fee charged. Original premium refunded of course, just to keep the scam 'legal'.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing was, the snide cunt (Liam) was tearing through a load of blather, undoubtedly assuming I wouldn't be bothered to pay it any attention, and I caught the line where he said NC proof and copy of licence would be required or the cover would be cancelled. You'd think something so critically important would be pointed out very carefully and clearly, not raced-through with a bunch of other shite in a way almost guaranteed to make the listener miss it.

It was deliberate and as far as I'm concerned it can only mean it's a deliberate and calculated fraud. They live off the cancellation fees.

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:26 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Oneear wrote:

Because I don't have the time to go chasing documents from PITA ins companies that aren't even necessary in the first place and were mentioned ONLY after the deal was supposedly done.

The proof of NCB is usually on your renewal documents which you get via email or post prior to your policy ending, you could just forward that and be done with it. Failing that any reputable insurer will provide you proof of NCB if you ask for it.

The license thing I've been asked for in the past but I think that's more down to an access issue to the DVLA database where some insurers don't want to pay for access so make you do the legwork even though you could be disqual just not returned/destroyed your license......

pig hog
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:27 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they have a couple of conditions applied to your policy. They should have made your aware of this prior to effecting cover--maybe they did or maybe spiv cunt forgot to mention it (we all make mistakes)--either way, forwarding scans of your no claims record and you licence isn't exactly a big deal.

So either, you want the cover and you send them what they want like a normal person because it may take, what...ten minutes of your time? Or you cancel and purchase a policy with a broker that you want to do business with. Realistically, they can't charge you a cancellation fee because you've likely got a 14 day cooling-off period or something, so just tell them you've changed your mind but what's the point in getting all butthurt over a non-issue and genuinely wasting your time and theirs?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig Hog wrote:
So they have a couple of conditions applied to your policy. They should have made your aware of this prior to effecting cover--maybe they did or maybe spiv cunt forgot to mention it (we all make mistakes)--either way, forwarding scans of your no claims record and you licence isn't exactly a big deal.

So either, you want the cover and you send them what they want like a normal person because it may take, what...ten minutes of your time? Or you cancel and purchase a policy with a broker that you want to do business with. Realistically, they can't charge you a cancellation fee because you've likely got a 14 day cooling-off period or something, so just tell them you've changed your mind but what's the point in getting all butthurt over a non-issue and genuinely wasting your time and theirs?

Lol. This entire issue is over the fact he informed me they'd be charging me a cancellation fee. The bank is already charging-back the full amount already paid and blocking these spiv scum from taking any further funds. Do you really think I'd be giving a rat's arse if they'd simply said "Ok mate, we'll refund the payment, have a nice day"?! Laughing

pig hog
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:41 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Pig Hog wrote:

Lol. This entire issue is over the fact he informed me they'd be charging me a cancellation fee. The bank is already charging-back the full amount already paid and blocking these spiv scum from taking any further funds. Do you really think I'd be giving a rat's arse if they'd simply said "Ok mate, we'll refund the payment, have a nice day"?! Laughing

Oh right, well that's more reasonable. Surely they have a cooling-off period stated on their docs somewhere that they're contradicting? And even if they do charge cancellation fees immediately, the fact that this was (presumably) all in a single telephone call and was essentially the outcome of their own mistake (ie not informing you of their conditions before you accepted the policy) is surely grounds to waive the fee...?

Interestingly, I briefly took out a policy with these guys once (for about half an hour); I found a better deal after, elsewhere, I called back and asked for a refund and I wanted to cancel and they complied with no issues or fees charged.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one would like to assume that's how it would/should go, but not with this spiv-voiced bottom-crawling scumbag.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Richard Hudson or Mr John Jupp, both and only "sales managers" (they have two offices in the building, located on the arse-end of what looks like a shit-house ind estate. Brokers my arse. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:11 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikester wrote:
any reputable insurer

See, now that's funny.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted. A few calls, incognito, to drop napalm and cluster-munitions, then the final one as a landing on the beach, flag planted and terms for unconditional surrender presented. The purchase money had already been refunded, an admin-fee of £60 had been levied (premium was £99), that has now also been refunded and a heartfelt apology given. The cunt responsible is going to be "spoken to". Lol. Yeah, whatever. Cool

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:34 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
mikester wrote:
any reputable insurer

See, now that's funny.

Indeed, however some are better than others. Most of the bike ones are certainly out to trip us up.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back with Swinton, £91.55 FC.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:44 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Because I don't have the time to go chasing documents from PITA ins companies that aren't even necessary in the first place

I have a scan of my licence on PC and I get sent my NCB at end of term, I just type either triumph or numberplate and it shows up...

Took about 2 minutes to find both documents and attach to an email Neutral

I like a pain and stress free life, 2 minutes of my time doing that was quicker than hunting around for another provider... who may or may not ask me for those too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
get him to tell you how it's "totally impossible to get car or bike insurance without providing copies of no-claims and driving licence."
Do you not think its perfectly normal for them to see your driving license and years no claims? I thought it was the Norm for them to ask for this.

I almost always get asked for proof of NCD, but licence? Never. Is it more common to be asked for a bike policy rather than a car, owing to the plethora of license levels?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:12 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont even need to scan your licence these days, just go onto the dvla website enter your driver number and post code and generate a sharing code, with code they can view your licence/endorsements

Thats all my insurance required to confirm my category c pass

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:19 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asked for copies of my NCD and licence from Bennets, Wicked quotes and Rampdale.
Quick photo on my phone and an email later job done, not sure why it's even an issue.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:25 - 15 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two times I've insured with Carole Nash, they've requested proof of NCB. They were my previous insurer both times.

I phoned to ask if they really wanted me to post their own NCB letter back to them the guy said "Probably better to, it might not get done otherwise.".

At least he was honest.

I can't remember ever buying a policy that wasn't a direct renewal without being asked to provide proof of NCB.

Licence is requested less often but occasionally. They did ask for it for when I was a named rider on the wifes policy this time round (oddly, I make hers cheaper by being a named rider). Just emailed them the DVLA code.

I agree they were being entirely unreasonable by attempting to charge a cancellation fee having named terms you don't want to comply with on the initial phone call. I think you're being pretty unreasonable by not wanting to provide proof of NCB.

I confidently predict that unless you were with them last year, you will shortly receive a letter or email from swinton requesting you provide proof of NCB within 7 days or they'll cancel the policy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6