Strangest complaints people have had about your house

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:33 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Don't get me started on bloody vegans. My best mates wife is one and so is my wifes best mate. When my best
mate got married to her all the guests had to eat vegan at her wedding. Not good. A year or so later at my wedding I bent over
backwards (and handed over a disproportionate amount of cash) to make sure my two vegan and one veggie guests
were catered for. The normal people had roast beef. Then she had the cheek to come up to me during the reception and
complain the food she had wasn't imaginative enough and a bit predicatable. Bitch. Middle Finger At least the wifes bestie
doesn't expect everybody else to kowtow to her choice of (attention seeking) diet and brings her own grub
along when she visits.

Does she take off her leather shoes at the door before she sits on your leather sofa?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifes bestie is full on committed, her partner rides and they spent a lot of time (and money) finding kit for her that's
leather free. As for my sofa which is leather, when I come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen her sit on it.
We usually spend the whole time in my kitchen, it's bigger than my living room by a fair bit and better suited
to entertaining. She even brings special vegan wineswith her because 'sulphites' apparently.

OTOH

My mates wife is a fucking hypocrite, she ate fish when she was pregnant, (obviously picked from the fish bush)
and their now 3 year old has been brought up vegetarian, no doubt to go full vegan when he's older. Fair play though
for a 3 year old he's built like a brick shithouse and more like a 5 year old size wise so it's doing him no harm I guess.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mate's wife was bitching about us eating veal, I asked if she ate lamb?

She was like "yes, whats your point?" Brick Wall

https://concretecollar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/They-say-the-way-to-a-man39s-heart-is-through-his-stomach-Unless-he39s-a-vegan-then-it39s-through-his-vagina-meme-23392-600x445.jpg

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:01 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
chris-red wrote:
Someone we invited round for Christmas dinner said "Your cutlery is shit".

I wouldn't have minded if she was using the shit cutlery we had bought to host 15 people. she wasn't she was using the less than year old fairly Expensive Amefa stuff.

AND she was a fucking vegan. Laughing

Never invite a vegan for dinner.

In fact, never associate with vegans. they have too many and various issues.

Rookie error.

Totally agree, she is a good friends future baby momma unfortunately.

I don't mind veggies as you can easily deal with that but vegans are far too much effort/

I also have a mate that is coeliac (probably spelt wrong). I don't mind as it isn't his fault but deep down it does fuck me off paying £3 for a few special wraps so he can have fajita with us. Laughing At least he is grateful.

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:25 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common ones I get

why do you have so many bikes? Because I like them

why do you have so many cars? as above

Why do you have a car lift? to lift cars

does that even run? maybe

what do the neighbours think? they love me (I fix their things)

why is there a gearbox in the kitchen? Cleaning

what is a motorbike doing in the kitchen? safe storage

why does everything smell of petrol, diesel, oil, insert chemical here? that's not everything thats just me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get moaned at sometimes for destroying my front garden and putting a motorbike in it. I did have a very nice front garden, but I got tired of students stealing my plants and hanging baskets anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get moaned at for not having coffee in the house

unless someone is visiting that we know are coming we don't drink coffee in the house so why buy it

last jar was solid by the time anyone wanted it

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 19:26 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Totally agree, she is a good friends future baby momma unfortunately.

I don't mind veggies as you can easily deal with that but vegans are far too much effort/

I also have a mate that is coeliac (probably spelt wrong). I don't mind as it isn't his fault but deep down it does fuck me off paying £3 for a few special wraps so he can have fajita with us. Laughing At least he is grateful.

My wife is gluten free - she doesn't make a fuss about it and will eat around stuff when we are out and about. Our friends simply cater for her and she is grateful.

In fact the worst people to deal with her wheat freeness is her own family.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:47 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

unless someone is visiting that we know are coming we don't drink coffee in the house so why buy it

I have this problem (of coffee going off in the jar because we don't drink it), although in fairness, peole don't usually complain.

Then a mate said it actually doesn't make much difference to the taste, he scooped up some of the semi-liquid, sticky sludge from the bottom of the jar and poured boiling water on and it was apparently as good as instant coffee normally is anyway.

I did consider getting some of that liquid coffee concentrate and keeping it in the fridge for when visitors come.

I wonder if I could just bung the instant coffee in the freezer?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

I don't think I know anyone that doesn't drink coffee other than old people.

I barely go through teabags. Mind you, I do have nice coffee.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

I go therough teabags most weeks

If its not tea its beer
Was put off coffee when I drank a cold black mouthful once when I was a kid

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:07 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
My in-laws spent the entire two days they were over last time looking up local properties on their ipad and pointing them out to us.

I eventually got pissed off with them and told them flat out that we'd chosen this house because we like it and have no intention of moving any time soon.

I then really spoiled their day by telling them how much my monthly mortgage repayments are (I live in rural Cumbria, they live in urban Devon).

This, from inlaws and parents. So when are you going to buy a house?

I own a flat. I live in London. I bought cheap, so to buy a house would be shelling out about half a million quid - which surprisingly enough I don't have - to get an extra room.

Some of it appears to be generational thing. My parents generation seemed to spend their entire working lives struggling with a barely manageable mortgage and not having money for anything else. I don't plan on doing that, I like buying toys.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

I can't stand coffee, I go through phases of drinking tea (on an off phase ATM). Err my house makes Steptoe and Son look like OCD clean freaks so there are a lot of complaints.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:22 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Err my house makes Steptoe and Son look like OCD clean freaks so there are a lot of complaints.

Like wise.

I'd made an effort to clean. I'd swept, mopped, taken rubbish bags out and done the washing up.

Sofa covers were pulled straight. The lot.

And the daft bitch comes on and straight away whinges about the state of the mirror like I'm some kind of heathen.

Tempted to do NOTHING before she comes over next time. See what she does Laughing

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:46 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

Get this all the time. Just don't drink the stuff at home and only have one in the morning. From then on, it's tea only.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother in law - our house is a starter house and we should look in to getting something bigger.

Bitch please - we just bought it, we like it, it's the same size as the house you have lived in for 40 years, we have a baby, there is an unused, double guest room, fuck off.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 13:35 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:

This, from inlaws and parents. So when are you going to buy a house?

I own a flat. I live in London. I bought cheap, so to buy a house would be shelling out about half a million quid - which surprisingly enough I don't have - to get an extra room.

Some of it appears to be generational thing. My parents generation seemed to spend their entire working lives struggling with a barely manageable mortgage and not having money for anything else. I don't plan on doing that, I like buying toys.

So much of this.

I have an over priced 2 bedroom flat in an over priced part of the country - to buy a house worth the upgrade is mega money.

Moving to a small 3 bed house would gain me 2 bedrooms that are smaller than the 2 I already have and a pointless box room and probably a garden I don't want or is big enough to do anything meaningful with.

Then the location would suck of that house too.

Affordable mortgage, decent sized rooms and a good location...i'm happy for now.

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bushy and unkempt Pyracantha perimeter pilfering pikey preventative.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How can you look at all those guitars on the wall? Some of them aren't even complete" They're on the walls to keep them out of the way of ignorant people. Incomplete ones are in the process of being built or restored. I might even like the way some of them look.

"Why do you have a black fridge? it's so depressing" It matches the coffee machine and the cooker. You can leave now.

"Why do you have grey walls and a purple carpet? You should have something cheery and bright?" Yep, seen your house, it's magnolia everywhere. I'm fairly sure there's a positive correlation between magnolia and crazy people. The grey doesn't clash with the guitars and the purple is reasonably easy to get blood stains out of.

"Urrgh, all that computery stuff. Why do you need three monitors? And all those plasticy keyboards? Can't you get a piano and an ipad like a normal person? I don't event want to know what that giant box of flashing lights on your desk is..." Well I could, but the fact is I have to deal with ignorant people who can't sing or play an instrument and have no idea what's involved in mixing and mastering music and it's kind of handy to have the tools of the trade available.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:02 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
My wife is gluten free - she doesn't make a fuss about it and will eat around stuff when we are out and about. Our friends simply cater for her and she is grateful.

Does she have genuine Coeliac disease? If so then 'eating around it' is often not enough, and people with a genuine issue can get sick just from eating food that has touched food containing gluten.

If she doesn't have Coeliac disease, then she's doing it for 'lifestyle' reasons... Basically making any genuine Coeliac sufferer look a bit like a ponce.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 18:22 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
dodsi wrote:

Does she have genuine Coeliac disease? If so then 'eating around it' is often not enough, and people with a genuine issue can get sick just from eating food that has touched food containing gluten.

If she doesn't have Coeliac disease, then she's doing it for 'lifestyle' reasons... Basically making any genuine Coeliac sufferer look a bit like a ponce.

Quote taken literally - perhaps I don't mean literally eat a burger out of a bun for instance.

Not sure whether to tell you to fuck off for questioning someone's health/wellbeing you don't know. Or provide an honest and straight answer.

If you play nice; happy to go with option 2 but if not happy to tell you to get fucked with nobs on. Which will it be?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:25 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

Moving to a small 3 bed house would gain me 2 bedrooms that are smaller than the 2 I already have

https://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/993/875/084.png

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joncrete Cungle wrote:
My bushy and unkempt Pyracantha.

I call mine the Womb Raider Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosy neighbourhood child:
How do you tell that time with that funny looking clock?
hellkat:
It's a barometer, it measures air pressure and tells you the weather, not the time. Go and look it up on Wikipedia.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a cul de sac which is clearly labelled on the road signs at the end on the main road. Both sides have the blue and red T which is still pretty bright and made of reflective stuff so it shows up quite nicely. Well, I thought it did.

My house is at the end and faces down the road. The road was built 15+ years ago and is now on maps shown as a dead end.

Yet we still get through traffic coming up onto the drive and looking confused that the road stops. I have followed someone all the way down the road who then turned around (on my garden) and yelled through the window at me as I was parking up. Best one was having a police chase rapidly come to a halt on my drive and the crim take a flying leap out of the car and over the fence followed by a flock of police.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3