Getting music off an iPhone onto an Android

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
...if I want to listen to something different - I'll turn the radio on.

I certainly don't feel the need to pay to be spoon fed music I might not like

So, paying or not paying, why would you ever turn the radio on? Why waste time listening to music you might not like?

(IME you're far more likely to hear music you don't like on the radio than you are on Spotify/Play et al. - plus you can't skip tracks on the radio)
Quote:
fed music I might not like

But you _might_ like, nay, love it. Imagine that...

Feasty wrote:

I'm capable of finding music I like myself, or from word of mouth.

Music isn't my life though, I listen to the local radio to and from work and occasionally an album or 2. And I don't get time to listen to music at work - that's when I work. My wife is the same.

You work in silence? Bad times Sad (Unless you're a funeral director/bereavement councillor/delete as applicable - then it'd be understandable)

Feasty wrote:

So whilst you continue to push Spotify, streaming etc to the hilt regardless, try to bear in mind we don't all have the same interest/passion for it. Thumbs Up

I'm not pushing it, it's more a case of defending it - I could say that you're pushing ripped MP3s (when I know you're not - but it's the same thing) - you implied that spending £10 a month on music was a crazy thing to do and you couldn't understand why someone would do it - so I'm highlighting why I, and other people, think that it's good value for money.
You could push this to the ridiculous and say why spend £12.12 a month on a TV licence? You could just buy (VHS? Razz ) box-sets of your favourite shows and just re-watch them again and again.

Personally, I get far more value out of the £10 a month on Play than I do on the £12 for a TV licence.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:52 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
At the end of the day, personally it suits me more to own the music, then I can do with it what I want.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, and the reason you started this thread. Laughing

I pay one monies for the whole family for Apple Music. We all have different music downloaded to phones and tablets, and it plays where there is no signal. I really struggle to understand anybody buying media-free digital music these days - CDs and vinyl, but not mp3s.

I've got about 1.5tb of music downloaded over the years, tell me what albums you lost and I'll see if I can pop them into a shared Dropbox folder for you.

Also, FYI, if you do a fresh download of iTunes you'll be able to download your purchases again, without needing the iPhone.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, if I'd been able to install iTunes I wouldn't have even started this thread as I could then have downloaded and exported the albums... then left it all behind! Laughing

I appreciate the offer Mawsley, so for albums how about the more recent ones I want to get hold of.

Underworld - Barabara Barbara
T2 Trainspotting soundtrack album.

You got those?
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:27 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
Yeah well, if I'd been able to install iTunes I wouldn't have even started this thread as I could then have downloaded and exported the albums... then left it all behind! Laughing

I appreciate the offer Mawsley, so for albums how about the more recent ones I want to get hold of.

You got those?

*Cough* Both are on spotify. *Cough*

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:26 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:

You got those?

Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be!!

As Chris says they're on Spotify, just like every other album or single in the world.

Alternatively, you can download the MP3s from your favourite torrent site. The Pirate Bay is as good a place to start as any and as you'd expect, both of those albums are on there.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, ok then - wouldn't want to complicate it further than needs be eh... Rolling Eyes

Logged into Spotify, used facebook to create an account but lets hope it doesn't start spouting crap on my page and telling everyone I'm listening to Celine Dione and suddenly sending me ad's eh!
Search for Underworld Barbara, brilliant there it is, with download and shuffle play buttons - oh but wait a minute - if I play the album, that'll be using my data. I've got 2GB data a month, wonder how long that will last if I want to listen to the same album several times...
Well I'll download it instead to listen to it offline, oh but hang on - I now need to sign up and pay £10 a month. But I only want the one album and to listen to it a lot over the coming months along with the music I already have... yet I'll have to now pay £10 a month for the privilege. And of course if I ever decide (dare I) to stop paying coz I don't want to carry on with Spotify - I lose the offline option and end up using my data again...

Tell you what, I'll go torrenting instead then.
Download a torrent app, search for Underworld Barbara and hey it comes up with several sites. Click on the first one, oh my.... 2 extra windows pop up, one with a naked lady legs akimbo apparently already waiting for me to just click on her and give my card details. The next couple are similar or betting ad's.
Lucky I wasn't searching for 'Duck' songs with my 8 year old daughter eh. Shocked

Or... I could just buy the CD for £10, rip it to my laptop and then put it on every device I have and be able to play it anywhere and everywhere, as often as I like, without having to worry about data costs, monthly costs, signing up to anything or naked legs akimbo ladies popping up unexpectedly. Laughing
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:30 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf are you doing? Laughing

Use qBittorrent.

Use https://unblocked.bet/ to access The Pirate Bay.

???

Profit (which you can then spend on Spotify membership). Thumbs Up

And you can't really do much with 2GB of data Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does everyone trust that these music streaming services are going to last? We7/Blinkbox went bust and as far as I'm aware always made a loss. Apparently it's a similar story with soundcloud/spotify. I guess apple music and google play are big enough not to fail, but I wouldn't be hitting delete on the MP3 collection just yet Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:00 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not, you can always download them again. Razz

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course what you are ALL forgetting is the big event that is going to happen at some point in the future without fail....

The apocalypse of course! Twisted Evil

Millions will die, the internet will go down, electricity will stop working and all you Spotty streamer fuckers will go mad in the silence that follows because you can't access your music.

I'll be sitting in my castle with a generator, can of petrol and CD player with all my 80 CD's, raking all the favours and still edible food in because everyone will want to listen to the music I've got on good old fashioned disc that lasts forever!
(Well that is until the cycling LP owners one up me when the fuel runs out... Confused )

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3