Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aldi bike gear, instore on the 30th

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if that bluetooth jobby is any cop. I liked having bluetooth speakers in my other lid but my Shoei doesn't have them (fuck paying their price for the OEM set!)

Oldie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:28 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The neck warmers are good value at £2.99 delivered. Just ordered a couple.

ackack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:44 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will everything be available in store or is it advisable to order online?

c-m
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That WD40 chain lube is rubbish. Made crazy sticky so you end up with all sorts of grit and debris stuck to the chain. It's not an easy job to clean it even with paraffin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyJ wrote:
Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

No boots this year Crying or Very sad and (so far at least) there's no orders in for 2018 either Shocked ... But that doesn't mean they definitely wont order any, it might just happen later in the year.

Edit: Just checked and they sold so badly that theyve decided not to stock them again.

Evil or Very Mad

Where are you getting this info from?! It seems you are the Aldi god?

Haha - there's a title I'm not sure I'd want! 😂 I just happen to currently have access to their sales system. 👍

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout peeps!

Just ordered a couple of neck warmers and a balaclava for ninjaring
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:59 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more excited than I should be about the bike covers coming back, for £9 I can't find anything that seems to be anywhere near as good. In fact I might buy two Wub

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:
I'm more excited than I should be about the bike covers coming back, for £9 I can't find anything that seems to be anywhere near as good. In fact I might buy two Wub

Looks identical to this.

Guess which one I purchased, long ago.

Sad

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:20 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did buy an Argos one a few years ago, but it only lasted 6 months (I think) and certainly didn't have the strap to go underneath. But they could be different by now.. By contrast, my last Aldi cover nearly lasted a year.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:
I did buy an Argos one a few years ago, but it only lasted 6 months (I think) and certainly didn't have the strap to go underneath. But they could be different by now.. By contrast, my last Aldi cover nearly lasted a year.

I lost the receipt so can't say how long I've had mine.

I've never really been sure of it's waterproofness so chuck it on the bike and then put an even older and cheaper one on top. Mainly just because the cheaper one is black and in winter darkness you can't really see the bike unless you're looking hard.

Excessive, possibly but both combined leaves the bike dry in all bad weather thus far.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if those Certified Aldi jeans are fully lined?

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted by a few things mainly the bike cover, motorcycle trousers, gloves, midlayer and some of the socks. Good thing it's payday tomorrow.

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Have been thinking about getting myself a pair of biking jeans - how do Aldi's stack up to Kevlar? Is "Kevlar" a must-have buzzword?

I was wearing the kevlar jeans when I was smidy'd last year apart from them being cut off at the hospital; no skin was ruptured which makes them pretty good in my opinion. I paid I think it was £34.99 last year.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Snod Blatter wrote:

I lost the receipt so can't say how long I've had mine.

I've never really been sure of it's waterproofness so chuck it on the bike and then put an even older and cheaper one on top. Mainly just because the cheaper one is black and in winter darkness you can't really see the bike unless you're looking hard.

Excessive, possibly but both combined leaves the bike dry in all bad weather thus far.

The Lidl ones are meant to last 3 years, and do. Problem's I find they change the stuff, so I bought a really good pair of textile gloves one year (which are still my fav'), and a naff pair the next. Same as my current cover fits the bike like a glove, the one from the previous year didn't.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought these Jacket and Trousers last time they were out, a couple of years ago.

Plus points:
Cheap, tough wearing, fairly warm in winter. The material, zips and stitching has held up admirably.

Minus points.
Bulky, too hot in summer. I still wear mine but ride with the jacket half zipped. The lining in the trousers catches in the ankle zips and is a real bitch to get back out. The velcro cuff straps are good when new but after nearly a year of daily use the velcro went bare and wouldn't hold.

I work in construction/demolition so I wanted some gear that was cheap enough not to bother me about it getting chucked in the back of a van or hung up in a mucky drying room but also strong enough that it offers a decent level of protection. It fulfils both of these requirement perfectly. You're not going to win any prizes for fashion but you really can't beat the value for money IMO.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I got the waterproof over jacket & over trousers last year, and they've held up really well, even so far this year with how the weather's been !!

How's the sizing on those trousers, and how far up the leg do the zips go? Thumbs Up

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:25 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
Anyone know if those Certified Aldi jeans are fully lined?

The description reads like the kevlar/aramid/magical mystical skin saving thread may well be woven through the outer denim rather than a separate lining but I may well be talking bollocks.

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:09 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this special buy is anything like the last couple of bike related ones then I'd order online especially with free delivery as people go crazy for this stuff at the Aldi stores local to me. Plus no guarantee the sizes you need will be there.

tom_e wrote:
The certification apparently comes from SATRA I'm sure if you contacted someone of importance at Aldi they'd be able to forward on the lab report proving their claim...you'd hope.

Edit: Just fired off an enquiry through their contact form, I shall wait with baited breath before they tell me to sod off and mind my own business.

Interested in this reply if you get one, £50 jeans with decent (confirmed certificated) protection, can't turn your nose up at that.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSrox0r wrote:
Wondering if that bluetooth jobby is any cop. I liked having bluetooth speakers in my other lid but my Shoei doesn't have them (fuck paying their price for the OEM set!)

It's just a BT Interphone, same as these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fodsports-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Interphone-Weatherproof/dp/B00PKEC8E2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Helmet-Bluetooth-Intercom-Headset-Motorbike-BT-Speaker-3-riders-500M-/142269628243

I've got one, and for £30ish they are great value. Went straight into the Bluetooth ready AGV, can listen to music, change tracks, have the phone give sat-nav instructions at the same time. Thumbs Up

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some certified jeans. I hope I don't get to crash test them.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:20 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:

Edit: Just fired off an enquiry through their contact form, I shall wait with baited breath before they tell me to sod off and mind my own business.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Aldi Customer Services regarding on motorcycle jeans.

We would be unable to provide the information requested at this time.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment that this may have caused.

We value your custom and hope you continue to shop with us.

As expected, fucking useless.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:16 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarding Sandtards!!!!! Naow! Whistle

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Tarding Sandtards!!!!! Naow! Whistle

Foreigner folk using Google Translate to read this page* will love you for that.

*Of which there will be LOADS, natch.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Stuff

Crane® Motorcycle jacket and trousers fulfill the high requirements for impact abrasion and impact cut resistance, demanded by the EN13595-1:2002 standard for zones 1 & 2, in ALL zones.This means the garments exceeded 13 seconds of abrasion resistance across ALL zones of the garments in controlled laboratory tests.

EN 13595-1 level 2 certified
EC Type-Examination issued by SATRA Technology Centre
APT-Tech advanced protection technology fabric
CE certified hip & knee protector

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
tom_e wrote:
Stuff

Crane® Motorcycle jacket and trousers fulfill the high requirements for impact abrasion and impact cut resistance, demanded by the EN13595-1:2002 standard for zones 1 & 2, in ALL zones.This means the garments exceeded 13 seconds of abrasion resistance across ALL zones of the garments in controlled laboratory tests.

EN 13595-1 level 2 certified
EC Type-Examination issued by SATRA Technology Centre
APT-Tech advanced protection technology fabric
CE certified hip & knee protector

Yep seen that.

I was asking for the evidence in the form of the report which will have been issued by SATRA, I could write any old bollocks on a web page doesn't make it true.

Considering the very small amount of properly certified trousers and the costs of the ones that are usually available I'm just a little suspicious that's all.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it I've been off twice wearing mine and you couldn't tell where it had hit the floor. They are up to the job.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4