Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen bikes sold on facebook...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:36 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Doritos milkshake intensifies while my DAS instructor gives you all my digits.

You remind of that kid trying to make a name with his motovlogging channel here a while back. The one who rode his 125 extremely recklessly between traffic, telling everyone here they didn't have the balls to do what he did. Imagine how impressive you're coming across as, right now, with your tough guy act. You're no mystery, kid. I'm telling you, there's that PM button. I don't want to meet you, but if you really want to impress your mates, humiliate me... I'm only down the road... And I'll have chilli sauce with that kebab. Wink

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept seeing bikes that look well dodgy on Gumtree when I was in the market for another bike.

Some were so obviously stolen it was almost beyond belief how bad the adverts were. Things like, no keys , they were lost in a move, and we had to break the steering lock to get it out of the garage, V5 in post etc

Typically, I can't find any that bad now to highlight my point, I did just do a quick search this evening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 20:44 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fuck me lads he wants to legit fite me, this is life changing. And he calls ME a tough guy for not PMing him to go fite irl Laughing

If we ever do meet, can I swap a kebab for one of your Doritos milkshakes, so that I can be powerful and commanding like you?

FYI I don't eat kebabs with chili sauce or deliver kebabs so before you go and beat up the poor kebab man down the road, that's not me Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:51 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I get one of those Doritos milkshakes?

And why are you two fighting when Rufous knows a garage where stolen bikes are being dismantled?

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 20:54 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Ste, Rufous was easy to wind up and then he got all serious and now I'm scared to go outside.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:00 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken.gif

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:04 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting a bit silly, but the way I see it is, the real enemy isn't here but out there, probably cutting the chain from a bike as we speak.

I've an address for a place in London where stolen bikes are going in and out all the time. Unfortunately, it's a single block of flats with 5 access points by road, and lots of little alleyways and open yards. The flats also have excellent visibility of all approaches in the surrounding area. So, although the activity is very obvious, the flat number of the culprits isn't obvious. This means that, speaking purely hypothetically, the exit routes would have to be closed off while the thieves are bringing bikes in to the block of flats. The block is also surrounded by other blocks of flats. The occupants of this area may be in sympathy with the thieves or in fear of them, and may benefit in some way from warning them off if a trap is set. This address information is, in my assessment, not useful until an organisation is set up that can carry out 'something'. However, if you want the info published here, it can be done. The thing is, I don't want an angry guy to go up there with no plan and get himself hurt and others in trouble. It's their turf.

There is other information as well concerning identities and locations in London. 'Something' has been carried out only once to my knowledge. Didn't involve me, but it was successful. Someone was educated in the wisdom of not stealing mopeds and stealing phones on the back of a moped.

From what I wrote, don't assume it's all underhand and it's being sorted. It isn't. We're at a beginning stage, and I have some ideas, including for an ancillary tour of certain localities during the protest ride, a photo op to stay well inline with the 'mainstream', etc. Just ideas, nothing more.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:

My attitude to leadership and organisation is, if anyone needs convincing, it isn't worth it. I go on to the next person. Some people agree with me, perhaps the majority don't, but that just means I'll work with what I have

Not much of a leader then.

The art of being a good leader is the ability to put across your point in away that makes others want to help.
Not simply walk away when anyone questions you.

All you are going to end up is with a bunch of followers who do not have a mind of their own and the ability to throw idea's into the mix....

Sadly I have to say you are nothing but a vigilante who will end up either being beaten up or in custody, for over steeping the law.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:27 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Not much of a leader then.

The art of being a good leader is the ability to put across your point in away that makes others want to help.

The return of King Arthur thing isn't leadership, either. It's just the cult of personality. 'The real King Arthur would never wear sandals, etc.' I don't follow that model.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:34 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all well and good but where do I get a Doritos milkshakes from? Rolling Eyes

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:

The return of King Arthur thing isn't leadership, either. It's just the cult of personality. 'The real King Arthur would never wear sandals, etc.' I don't follow that model.

You attitude reminds me of the incumbent labour leader..... If they question him, or don't toe the line. They get sacked and he surrounds himself with yes people.....

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:45 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
You attitude reminds me of the incumbent labour leader..... If they question him, or don't toe the line. They get sacked and he surrounds himself with yes people.....

Democracy doesn't work in situations like this. I just offer strategic advice and principles, and have done nothing to imply or encourage any perception of myself as your or anyone's master.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 21:50 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
This is all well and good but where do I get a Doritos milkshakes from? Rolling Eyes

Honestly, might go to Milkshake City and give them a bag of Doritos and tell them to mix it in. Thinking
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:57 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:
I got involved in the counter-bike-theft efforts, and offered some suggestions.

Demonstrated by what examples?

Where have you actively advocated anything?

What exactly have you advocated? Can you point at it? What specific recommendations have you made, or detailed, useful advice have you given regarding dealing with bike thefts?

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:
I just offer strategic advice and principles, and have done nothing to imply or encourage any perception of myself as your or anyone's master.

So you are the brains, but require dumb thugs to do your dirty work....

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:
Democracy doesn't work in situations like this. I just offer strategic advice and principles, and have done nothing to imply or encourage any perception of myself as your or anyone's master.

You're trying to project an image of "Zen", but you are only managing to muster "Pissed idiot from the pub talking absolute bollocks"

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 22:00 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody wanna come milkshake city though?

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Not sure why Rufous is getting attacked here- I don't know much about UKMTP but all he seems to be suggesting is there needs to a be a practical solution... Rufous could you please elaborate on why the location is known but there are actual problems to do doing anything about it?

A practical solution, exactly! In practicality, the police will do nothing, so it's up to others.
This location isn't the only one, but it's a major centre of operations for at least one known bike thief gang.
The obstacles to going up there and doing something about it are legal and political as well as physical. I don't think it's a place they can stop using for stolen bikes (going in and out) overnight. There are also organisational considerations in gathering together the right well-meaning fellows at the right date, place and time. Therefore, it makes more sense to me to take a single, decisive step rather than a series of smaller ones.

It's a risky situation in which it's crucial that the motivations of all the right-thinking people involved in the execution of any plan are known and reliable. For example, if one man is a recent theft victim but another has never been a theft victim, then it's unwise to ask both men to follow the same plan. One will be more motivated to move than the other and so exceed the boundaries of the plan, the other may be placed in a difficult situation legally or morally, or may lack the fire to adequately look after his fellow, etc.

For lots and lots of reasons, it's therefore necessary to build an organisation and take it out on various other escapades, to establish the team dynamics and allow members to find a natural way to work with each other. This starts with shared concerns, then friendships, then confidence, and finally small tasks. In other words, to ensure success, the crucial ingredient is time. There is no shortage of people who would like to do 'something', but unless 'something' is done in such a way that nobody gets into (legal) trouble or goes to hospital, then the leadership and structure of the entire group falls out of focus, and it compromises everything.

The police have legal powers, money, authority, a system of rewards and punishments to hold themselves together. The thieves have money and a loose system of friendships holding themselves together. Both of those organisational foundations are much stronger than simply a mutual shared concern between strangers. So a lot of time has to go into planning and organisation.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Not sure why Rufous is getting attacked here- I don't know much about UKMTP but all he seems to be suggesting is there needs to a be a practical solution...

That is what the police are for.....

I guess we are looking at a London location. And given what happened this week. Bike theft, like 99% of other crimes take a back seat.

Of course it is no surprise that bike theft is a hot topic and people want it sorting... After all this is a bike forum Rolling Eyes

If he really wants to do something. Then a public forum is not the place to organise anything.... Who knows who is reading the posts.... Lets face it he has said he infiltrated their forum Laughing

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:09 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
You're trying to project an image of "Zen", but you are only managing to muster "Pissed idiot from the pub talking absolute bollocks"

If it filters out unthinking, jealous people, then I'll take any 'image' that fits. If the hat fits, I'll wear it. What you and a couple of others need to appreciate is that I'm not trying to recruit you. I'm not even a recruiter, and if I were, would I recruit for something in London from some guy up north and some random not-a-BCF-admin-or-moderator guy from Scotland? I definitely don't want to bounce ideas off the brainless. I hope you maintain your low opinion of me. Don't want you or need you. Good luck convincing others outside your echo-chamber that your complete absence of any contribution or ideas is worth more than me.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:10 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

That is what the police are for.....

Laughing

Keep up the comedy and the leadership advice.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous

Arcane1729. Will make your perfect right hand man......

His bike was stolen from under a cover while laid on a pavement in bits.... By the Council Laughing
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:18 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Rufous

Arcane1729. Will make your perfect right hand man......

His bike was stolen from under a cover while laid on a pavement in bits.... By the Council Laughing

I need to check my avatar again. I don't advocate for an ecumenical church of bikes. I'm elitist and I have already earmarked the people I want. Like I said from the outset, I'm not a charity. I like the same things as, probably, everyone else here. I like beer, women and bikes. Someone somewhere along the line in this thread got me mixed up with a candidacy for sainthood. Everyone's selfish, but not everyone's a backstabber.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7