BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which Bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Which Bike? Reply with quote

It's that time of year again in which the bike bug has hit with its full force!

However I'm struggling to decide what sort of thing I'd like, my list of requirements are as follows:

- Hold it's value relatively well (so if I need to sell it I won't be at a huge loss).
- Would like to be able to leave it in my garage and not worry about having to ride it/do something to it.
- Be easy enough to service myself (the most I've serviced is my old GPZ500 and ER5 as they're so easy).
- Reliable
- Ideally be around the £2-3000 mark but cheaper the better really.
- Not really fussed about it being overly quick, most of my miles will be commuting in and around Norwich (so some country lanes in which I can open it up).
- I've always preferred naked bikes due to looks, ease of cleaning and maintenance etc.

I guess really I just want something to fulfil my bike urge as and when I feel like riding it, something I can just hop on and ride and not worry too much about leaving it for a little while.

Thanks in advance BCF!
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet

Last edited by TimNorwich on 21:31 - 23 Mar 2017; edited 2 times in total

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:55 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy servicing = rubber bands and Desdro - Demsor - Dresde - fu​ck-it-I'll-just-sell-it valves? Does the Monster have those?

If you like Kawasakis, the ER6n ticks all those boxes. Plenty around so you'll be able to buy a decent one in budget rather than chasing the perfect example of esoterica. Why over-complicate it?

Can anyone confirm whether it has the proper Kawasaki singing fuel cap though?

Last edited by Rogerborg on 21:58 - 23 Mar 2017; edited 2 times in total

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

my speed triple i have for sale in saxmundham Wink
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDMs seem to be coming out of the woodwork now in my area, great utility bikes and the later 900s are in your budget. They are built for heated grips and top boxes. If that's not your priority then anything else goes really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Easy servicing = rubber bands and Desdro - Demsor - Dresde - fu​ck-it-I'll-just-sell-it valves? Does the Monster have those?

It ain't that bad.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1