Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best/worst of humanity

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Best/worst of humanity Reply with quote

Well what a day yesterday was!
I thought I would share.

In the morning i took my Chinese pos to the bike shop to get new tyres and some diagnostic on a minor electric issue.
After some chat we agreed that I would drop the bike off in a day or two.
So I left to go home, and half a mile down the road the bike cuts out and dies.
Sitting at the side of the road trying to find out what is wrong ,a woman pulls up and asks me if I'm stuck.
She then tells me that her husband is a biker and they may be able to help.
She tells me they live about twenty doors away and I am welcome to wait with them until help arrives.
They feed me endless tea and I am out of the cold.

When the RAC turn up, they cannot help there and then.
The biker and his wife allow me to leave my bike on their drive until it can be collected and the RAC man gives me a lift to the bike shop where my missus is waiting to drive me home.
So that tells me that there really are good people out there Smile

However the other side of the coin also showed it's face on the same day.
Later the same day (evening) I am walking back to my car after finishing training/gym and I walk through the alley.
Minding my own business I look up to see about 8 or 9 druggie/alchys in the alley.
They see me and cue them giving me abuse and threatening to f*cking kill me for thinking I can walk in their alley.
The one brown gentleman follows me and tells me I'm a pussy and he's going to kill me.
I turn to face him and drop my bag, and now he's not sure but continues to call names from a distance Rolling Eyes .
As I am severely outnumbered, I call the police, giving them a description/location.
As soon as the group see me doing this, they disappear as fast as a fast thing into the night.

In one day I have had my faith in humanity restored and have been reminded of how shitty humanity can be.
What a day!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:43 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first rule of self protection is "don't walk down a dark alley".

Some people think that doing a self defence course means they'll be safe if they walk down the dark alley... This is obviously not true.

Old chinese proverb says "The sparrow never lands where the tiger roams".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, OP might not have known who or if there was anyone lurking further down the dark alley until he had walked into it. These people/scum could have been lurking/hidden in the shadows, some more easily than others by the sounds of it.

I often walk or jog late at night when no one else is probably around, and do go deliberately down quiet/dark deserted paths as I like being out when it's quiet and hopefully no one else is around. You don't always know what's around the next corner in the dark, but you can't let what ifs stop you going about your business, only known facts.

I.e if you'd have to go though a feral scum estate that no one ever walks through, then fair enough you don't if your sensible. Granted I don't live in London where it's never quiet or deserted, but I'd never expect every dark quiet out of the way place or passage to be full of violent/drunk/drugged animals or people deliberately waiting for you to walk past etc.

Dark alley ways or other deserted places have in the past actually saved me from trouble or conflict with thugs/drunks, as they have hidden me from passing police patrols etc, when I've either been riding an untaxed/uninsured bike or if I'd had a drink etc.

To OP, it's nice to believe in humanity but in 2017 it's so so hard. People as a whole are generally evil vile creatures in this day and age, so as long as you go around not expecting much good from them, you will generally never be surprised by anything you see or hear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The first rule of self protection is "don't walk down a dark alley".

Some people think that doing a self defence course means they'll be safe if they walk down the dark alley....

Hmmm? I hear what you say about walking down a dark alley.
However I was halfway down the alley before I could see them.
As for doing self defence meaning I can walk down dark alleys?
I certainly wasn't going to let shitty scum like them dictate where and when I can walk somewhere Evil or Very Mad
Luckily for me I came out of this without any problems Smile

No I could not have taken them all on, but I would of gone down fighting and I bite. Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:30 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I bite

Does your saliva cure hepatitis?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
People as a whole are generally evil vile creatures in this day and age

Agreed. It's like the 'best friends' thread. There are a few you can trust, there a a few really nice people out there and there are lots who aren't either.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best/worst of humanity experiences have always been when travelling, most overtly was in India I think.

As well as the utter scum whose sole mission is to deceive you out of whatever money or resources they can get from you, along with the inescapable poverty in most areas to show the worst of humanity, there are also the nicest and most welcoming people you'll ever meet, who live by the rule 'guest is god' even when all they can do for hospitality is offer a few scraps of biscuit and a shot glass of tea.

Every day you see both sides of that scale.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:04 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
all they can do for hospitality is offer a few scraps of biscuit and a shot glass of tea

Did you scoff the last of their food, or did you fork over whatever you had to hand?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:35 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Best/worst of humanity Reply with quote

I think most bikers would do the same if they saw something happen so close to home. I remember seeing some dude at the side of the road about 0.5 mile from my house as I was going home and it was going dark. Pulled over and he was a Dr who'd been on a massive shift and his bike had just broken down.

He was about 15 miles from home, no break down just his wife on the way in their little car. Told him to push it up the hill to my house, he could leave it in my garage until the Monday when the mechanic I have used for 20 years would come pick it up and take it his shop and ring him to let him know what's up.

The doctor came back on the Wed with is wife and a bottle of wine for me Thumbs Up

inb4 cool storez.

I'd like to think most people would do same as well Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
all they can do for hospitality is offer a few scraps of biscuit and a shot glass of tea

Did you scoff the last of their food, or did you fork over whatever you had to hand?

I forked whatever I had in hand, that they put there, into my mouth.

I mean it wasn't desperate, swollen-stomach, flies-around-face poverty. It was very humble though.

I guess it's just human nature though. Even in a comparatively wealthy country like the UK, it's not like any of us would tell a super-rich relative to buy their own teabags if they came to visit.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:33 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperialist shitlord rapes native resources.
Gullible tourist conned out of many dollah.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Imperialist shitlord rapes native resources.
Gullible tourist conned out of many dollah.

FTFY.

That's why I added it to this thread Very Happy
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Best/worst of humanity Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I think most bikers would do the same if they saw something happen so close to home. I remember seeing some dude at the side of the road about 0.5 mile from my house as I was going home and it was going dark. Pulled over and he was a Dr who'd been on a massive shift and his bike had just broken down.

He was about 15 miles from home, no break down just his wife on the way in their little car. Told him to push it up the hill to my house, he could leave it in my garage until the Monday when the mechanic I have used for 20 years would come pick it up and take it his shop and ring him to let him know what's up.

The doctor came back on the Wed with is wife and a bottle of wine for me Thumbs Up

inb4 cool storez.

I'd like to think most people would do same as well Thumbs Up

I'd have just given you the bottle of wine not the wife as well but I'm a bit funny who I share the wife with. Shocked

Was she hot to trot

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Best/worst of humanity Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
reminded of how shitty humanity can be.

I just pop onto BCF if I feel I need reminding.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Best/worst of humanity Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
pepperami wrote:
reminded of how shitty humanity can be.

I just pop onto BCF if I feel I need reminding.

True dat Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1