Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Accident witnessed, what to do

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Accident witnessed, what to do Reply with quote

My partner appears to have witnessed an incident between a bus and a motorcycle earlier today. I am of the impression the rider wasn't potatoed and would benefit from a witness. I don't know the details. Beyond asking if anyone on here or one of their mates was sneak-attatcked by bus (likely First 81 or 82) in Armthorpe on 27/03/2017 and should be on the spill counter is there anything that she should do?

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:09 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

She needs to " Do the right thing". Hopefully she will know what that is without having to refer to social media.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:16 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the right thing to do would be to have stopped and offered the rider her details and told said rider she would act as a witness...........

....... but i guess it's too late for that now

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:18 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus should be camera'd up to the maximum. I'm sure it'll be self explanatory to the investigators.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:30 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the Police not know anything about it? Perhaps she should call them and mention it?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:45 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, contact bus wankers and local rozzers.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:20 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the police. Is that really something that needs to be asked on an internet forum ffs?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus garage will be covering their drivers arse like a pair of M&S period panties.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:36 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Accident witnessed, what to do Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
Beyond asking if anyone on here or one of their mates was sneak-attatcked by bus (likely First 81 or 82) in Armthorpe on 27/03/2017 and should be on the spill counter is there anything that she should do?

No it shouldn't be on the spill counter.

Contact po po and the bus company but I wouldn't expect either to pass her details on to the biker. Rolling Eyes
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:25 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Contact the police. Is that really something that needs to be asked on an internet forum ffs?

The good old internet,seems to have replaced some people's ability to think for themselves.

Don't know how we ever progressed as a species before it. Sad

Ridiculous isn't it. Drives me up the wall.

My eldest daughter who sadly wasn't gifted with the brains of the rest of the family, has 2 kids, a third on the way and runs her life from facebook.

'I'm tired' - Well what the fuck are you doing on facebook at 2 in the morning posting that you are tired, go to bed Rolling Eyes

'My eldest is playing up' - Well bring her round to Granddads and we will go play with something more fun than dolls (airguns, chainsaws, boats, fishing but we won't tell Mum) Thumbs Up

As for OP, as per others have said. Police, bus company and rider if you know who it is.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Accident witnessed, what to do Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
talkToTheHat wrote:
Beyond asking if anyone on here or one of their mates was sneak-attatcked by bus (likely First 81 or 82) in Armthorpe on 27/03/2017 and should be on the spill counter is there anything that she should do?

No it shouldn't be on the spill counter.

Contact po po and the bus company but I wouldn't expect either to pass her details on to the biker. Rolling Eyes

I think the accepted way of getting a biker's details is to apply for the V5 of their bike.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:37 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:

Don't know how we ever progressed as a species before it. Sad

Are you expecting someone to Google the answer for you? Wink

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my partner was on a different bus and unable stop to offer details.

If this was to be on the spill counter it wouldn't be me putting it in. I'm glad it's not one of this forum.

hongkongdonke...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:24 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in touch with the police. There are plenty of people who have been charged unfairly or insurance accepting 50/50 because there are no other witnesses. I was personally £2k out of pocket when a witness or dashcam would have probably made me money.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1