Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BrakeFree

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Yorkshire Geek This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

$99, plus import duty, plus shipping.... I'll give it a miss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I understand that it makes you more visible, if the person behind you is such a moron that my normal brake light isn't enough of an indicator that I am braking, then I am more worried that they may find my lighty bikey helmy flashy is fun and might want too close a look to see the shiny.
In short, morons gonna moron.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a stupid idea. A g-sensing brake light on your lid? Nod at someone, brake light comes on. Do a lifesaver, brake light comes on.

If it's not illegal it should be, if only for the fact that it's fostering the commonly-held conception of many riders that everyone but them on the road is an idiot, when in fact it's them that's the idiot for thinking such a thing is a safety device.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:57 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: BrakeFree Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
Interesting product, affordable priced and simple enough that it might not be vapourware.
Quote:
Brake Free is an ultra bright smart LED brake light that instantly improves a motorcycle's visibility. It mounts on the back of the helmet you already own and its sensors works automatically to let others know whenever you slow down--braking, engine braking, or downshifting. No need for a wired installation or connected apps. Brake Free is simply a smarter way to be seen.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brakefree-the-smart-brake-light-for-motorcyclists-motorcycle#/

That looks like a load of old boll*cks. My brake light lets others know when I'm slowing down.

Yorkshire Geek
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe their point is that it only let's the person behind you know, this let's the person behind THEM know. Same principle as high level brake lights on cars.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe their point is that if you're a gullible schmuck they relieve you of nintey-nine bucks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:45 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea isn't vapourware because you can go onto eBay and buy a wireless helmet brake light right now, from about £8 upwards.

Their innovation is to put a sensor into the light unit itself so that it triggers after you've started braking, maybe. Also, magnets.

It actually looks fairly sensible and decent. I'd have one if it existed. Since they're asking for money for "tooling", i.e. making it in the USA, I doubt it'll ever make it to market.

I'll wait for the Chinese clone, which may actually be available sooner.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Seems like a stupid idea. A g-sensing brake light on your lid? Nod at someone, brake light comes on. Do a lifesaver, brake light comes on.

That's what I thought but they claim to have solved that problem so it only responds to g-forces acting down the centre line of the bike (my words) regardless of head orientation. Sensors and algorithms were mentioned. It is still an answer to a problem no one has encountered though. I like the "Our Timeline" chart, there are lessons there for Rainpal (too late).

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 22:55 - 02 Apr 2017; edited 1 time in total

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
I believe their point is that it only let's the person behind you know, this let's the person behind THEM know. Same principle as high level brake lights on cars.

The person behind them is more than likely not going be a huge problem to me.
I could probably count the fingers on my feet, the amount of times the car behind the car behind me has ever gotten close to taking me out.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: BrakeFree Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
Interesting product, affordable priced and simple enough that it might not be vapourware.
Quote:
Brake Free is an ultra bright smart LED brake light that instantly improves a motorcycle's visibility. It mounts on the back of the helmet you already own and its sensors works automatically to let others know whenever you slow down--braking, engine braking, or downshifting. No need for a wired installation or connected apps. Brake Free is simply a smarter way to be seen.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brakefree-the-smart-brake-light-for-motorcyclists-motorcycle#/

Why the fuck would i want that on my lid when I have a tried and proven, perfectly working brake light on my bike already?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:58 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: BrakeFree Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Yorkshire Geek wrote:
Quote:

Why the fuck would i want that on my lid when I have a tried and proven, perfectly working brake light on my bike already?

to help someone like adam aarrons

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:05 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, my concern is about having my rear end smashed in while I'm stopped. That's why I squeeze my brake lever shaft repeatedly until I'm satisfied with my position.

Unless I'm misinterpreting, Brakepal will only work while you're actively slowing down.

So Ah'm oot.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:17 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indiegogo? Indiegogo is where you go if you can't get a real crowd funding site to let you in. Fuck that.

I also like how they've applied for a patent. It's like they don't realise that there are 1001 of them already out there.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:19 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Now that I think about it, my concern is about having my rear end smashed in while I'm stopped. That's why I squeeze my brake lever shaft repeatedly until I'm satisfied with my position.

Unless I'm misinterpreting, Brakepal will only work while you're actively slowing down.

So Ah'm oot.

You could nod your head furiously although you'd probably look a bit of a window licker.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:28 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

So Ah'm oot.

I saw you sneak back to VD..

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:34 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How illegal do you think this is?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cold-Impact-Tail-Light-Tail-Light-Fog-Drive-Laser-Light-Caution-Safety-/132126450466?hash=item1ec359a322:g:EaAAAOSwOgdYwKGN

A 200mw laser and a stoppie = Cool

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a high level brake light in my Givi top box, it cost nothing extra. Maybe I can get crowd funding monies for something already invented, like ten or fifteen years ago.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone for the $500 package, cos I wanna ride with the team.

I think one of these gizmo gizmos combined with L plates would soon get you rammed off the road. Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 03 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this being marked as spam? Established poster, no link between product and advertising?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:07 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Why is this being marked as spam? Established poster, no link between product and advertising?

ReadyFIREaim.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:16 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This aint a new idea, I seem to remember Freddie Mercury writing a song about wanting one years ago.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:
This aint a new idea, I seem to remember Freddie Mercury writing a song about wanting one years ago.

Bravo. Clapping

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:

Actually, he wanted a pair of them...

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

God knows he did.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2