Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Sun has brought out all the scum

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:59 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: The Sun has brought out all the scum Reply with quote

Over the space of 24 hours in London from Thursday to Friday night I witnessed three separate bike jacker gangs. First ones were following a guy on his bike along Wandsworth common.

Second ones got me properly on edge as they were trying to jack me - first time it has happened and it isn't pleasant. Not sure what I would have done had they pulled a knife on me, but escape wasn't an option as I was in residential roads.

Third time some kid on a Y-Max or something similar following me literally 20 mins after incident 2.

Worth sending the footage to the police? It's getting ridiculous around here (S.W London) at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0M5_V6RCs&feature=youtu.be
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be looking at a quick release telescopic baton option if I felt threatened like that on a daily basis.
A well aimed strike to the laryngeal prominence would probably be enough to discourage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: The Sun has brought out all the scum Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
Worth sending the footage to the police?

Hardly. Saw some scooters. Nothing happened.

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:32 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup not a high incident clip full of derring do, but I guess it's information they can add to their database of scum and areas they operate in? The officer who attended when my scooter got stolen said that intel was useful as they build patterns from it - time of day, location, how many etc so that when they come to doing something about it they can have a better guess at the places and times that these evil little shits operate at.

It is becoming an epidemic down here - first time I personally have been targeted for a jacking, but what struck me was it was a bright Friday afternoon and they were just riding around without a care in the world.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:09 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
The officer who attended when my scooter got stolen said that intel was useful as they build patterns from it - time of day, location, how many etc so that when they come to doing something about it they can have a better guess at the places and times that these evil little shits operate at.

Looks like you've answered your own question about is it worth sending the video to the police. Wink

Let them decide if it's of any use. Post it to all the relevant neighbourhood police teams on Facebook.

If it gets passed to the Met Police Organised Vehicle Crime Unit then that can't be a bad thing. Same goes for The National Vehicle Crime Intelligence Service. There's no harm in mentioning them when posting it to the local neighbour police facebook pages, I'm guessing here but there's a good chance their facebook is monitored by civilians rather than uniformed cops who know every detail about which direction information should be passed.

Realistically, not a great deal is going to come from you giving them your video but if you don't give it to them then you can be 100% certain that nothing is ever going to come from it.

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did London bikers become a bunch of mincers?

If you are on a 600cc+ and the ped bois are keeping up with you, you're doing it wrong. Penny Coin

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:06 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDonUK wrote:
When did London bikers become a bunch of mincers?

If you are on a 600cc+ and the ped bois are keeping up with you, you're doing it wrong. Penny Coin

Yup because 100mph around a residential street is a fantastic idea. There wasn't any losing them in that second clip - not enough room and I'd have put my life in danger.

I'll get the footage over to the met tomorrow. I'm off for beer now. Got to be worth sending in hey.

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be antagonistic but if i generally feared for my safety i would be doing any speeds, up pavements, whatever it takes.

My general point being if they can see you are a sensible hi-viz bib biker thats afraid to do a bit of combat filtering your an easy target no?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDonUK wrote:
I don't mean to be antagonistic but if i generally feared for my safety i would be doing any speeds, up pavements, whatever it takes.

My general point being if they can see you are a sensible hi-viz bib biker thats afraid to do a bit of combat filtering your an easy target no?

And then when you run someone over will "I was scared of someone on a moped" be a reasonable defence?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for pleasure rides in the early AM would be my advice. 6 to 8am you'll be lucky to see a baklaffer on the prowl as
they will have been up till 3am smoking weed and listening to grime music innit blud.

London is such a shithole. I've been out twice in the last two days and all I got were disapproving looks for the baffle-less Spacker.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you be illegal and not wear a helmet......but have L-Plates on...

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

...because, whilst many things are curable nowadays stupidity is not. Laughing

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:12 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And because I am assuming that when the scum stole the bikes they didn't bother giving them a valet and taking the L plates off. Quite clearly a couple of city commuters are missing a moped.

I thought with regards to all this - they wouldn't have stuck out had they had helmets on. If you are going for the element of surprise to jack someone, why dress like a member of ISIS? Had they been wearing helmets etc then their faces would still have been covered, and I wouldn't have been on high alert.

As for what to do, does anyone carry any 'tools' on them? I am thinking one of these would suffice, but then of course I'd end up in the chokey for possessing an offensive weapon.

https://www.security-discount.com/products/en/Defence-sprays/CS-Sprays/Police-truncheon-with-tear-gas.html?XTCsid=hburmbuppgoj5tmnrcpp6gkl93

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No helmets as the police won't (or at least didn't used to) pursue them without a lid, you know for the crims safety; having a policy that encourages them to remove the only piece of safety equipment they're wearing Rolling Eyes

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:24 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
And then when you run someone over will "I was scared of someone on a moped" be a reasonable defence?

I would explain the situation before a magistrate and take whatever punishment was given to me, better than getting stabbed for the bike, because i could not give it up.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:38 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDonUK wrote:
M.C wrote:

I would explain the situation before a magistrate and take whatever punishment was given to me, better than getting stabbed for the bike, because i could not give it up.

Out of all the shitty sob stories magistrates / judges get given, "I was scared of someone on a moped who was wearing a balaclava and had a knife" must be one of the more reasonable set of mitigating circumstances they hear that day.

You probably shouldn't run any little old ladies or fluffy kittens over whilst making your getaway but committing a load of traffic offences to avoid being stabbed for the bike is a good trade off IMO. Wink

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about this the other day as an excuse if you get caught speeding, just say some pedbois were chasing you and you feared for your safety. Would be interesting at least to see what they say, until they check the cctv I guess... if they can be bothered.

What bike are you on SuperMike? Is it a CBR600RR?

Last edited by owl on 08:43 - 09 Apr 2017; edited 3 times in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:40 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

No helmet so plod won't chase and they can use phones on the move to co-ordinate with other thieving dindu accomplices.
Too lazy to work and pay for their bikes so it's not a huge leap to think they are too lazy to remove the L plates off
of the bikes they have stolen previously.

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:09 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day as an excuse if you get caught speeding, just say some pedbois were chasing you and you feared for your safety. Would be interesting at least to see what they say, until they check the cctv I guess... if they can be bothered.

What bike are you on SuperMike? Is it a CBR600RR?

It's a CBR650. I can only assume the risk / reward wasn't enough for them. They were probably on the look out for new Fireblades / R1's etc. Perhaps the fact I'm 105kgs and lift a lot of weights made them think twice too. I'm very glad for whatever reason they disappeared anyway.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:58 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there were any actual bike jackings in the area that day?

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:51 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Out of all the shitty sob stories magistrates / judges get given, "I was scared of someone on a moped who was wearing a balaclava and had a knife" must be one of the more reasonable set of mitigating circumstances they hear that day.

Did someone see a knife?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDonUK wrote:
M.C wrote:

Well I wouldn't risk mine or anyone else's life, don't get me wrong in the right situation I'd open my bike up and maybe jump lights to try and get away, but I agree with the OP that doing so in that situation would have been dangerous.

From the way Ped boi's ride they don't seem to have a problem with taking risks, the only thing I probably would have done if I was sure someone was following me is stick to the main roads.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to fit one of those immobilisers that only works when the fob is nearby?

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:28 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:

As for what to do, does anyone carry any 'tools' on them? I am thinking one of these would suffice, but then of course I'd end up in the chokey for possessing an offensive weapon.

https://www.security-discount.com/products/en/Defence-sprays/CS-Sprays/Police-truncheon-with-tear-gas.html?XTCsid=hburmbuppgoj5tmnrcpp6gkl93

You would get serious shit for carrying one of those. If I remember correctly, they were banned (at least from sale?) about 30 years ago. People were holding them up to someone's temple and pressing the release button.

Two issues to consider with "tools"

1. You need to have "reasonable excuse" for carrying it.
2. It needs to be immediately accessible (and hence probably visible). If you have to have a rummage in your top box or even try to get it out with your gloves on, you will be too late.

IMHO, just about the only thing legal of any use if you are actually riding the bike is gloves with hard armour and even then, it still relies on you being able to punch effectively which is definitely not easy whilst staying on the bike.

I think, all things considered, the best outcome would be if scumbag lost control of his scoot whilst trying to jack you and ran himself into a skip, lamppost or parked car. If your bike is heavier and more powerful, that would seem the logical outcome from a "physics" point of view

Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:00 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:

Did someone see a knife?

Did someone need to in order to claim they did?

If they'd gotten as far as belonging the bike jack crew were there to represent, it's not an extraordinary stretch of the imagination to believe they'd go armed for the purpose.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2