Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scooter Bogging Down

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sam_brycee
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:36 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Scooter Bogging Down Reply with quote

Today I went out on my speedfight 2 and it was riding great for 10-20 mins then just started to splutter badly, I pulled over but couldn't pull away again. Turned the bike off and started it 5 mins later and it pulled away great, rode for 10 mins and it happend again... not sure what the problem is .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:21 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a does it have an manual/auto choke?

could be you left it on or it has gotten stuck

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour/condition is the spark plug?
If it`s clean check the fuel flow/tap/diaphragm and the vacuum fuel pump IF FITTED.
If it`s black then as chris-red stated.

Sam_brycee
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:18 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffa90 wrote:
What colour/condition is the spark plug?
If it`s clean check the fuel flow/tap/diaphragm and the vacuum fuel pump IF FITTED.
If it`s black then as chris-red stated.

Just had a new fuel Vacuum fitted and I think it might be the oil as it has not been changed in a LONG while. I have no clue why I haven't changed it already. Also the spark plug hasn't either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_brycee
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:52 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Does it have a does it have an manual/auto choke?

could be you left it on or it has gotten stuck

It has an auto choke. Could it be broken?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:14 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything could be broken.

The the sounds of it it needs a good service. Change the Plug, oi/filterl and air filter before you do anything else.

Auto chokes can get gummed up and need cleaning. Do a service first.

Sam_brycee
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:55 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Anything could be broken.

The the sounds of it it needs a good service. Change the Plug, oi/filterl and air filter before you do anything else.

Auto chokes can get gummed up and need cleaning. Do a service first.

Okay thanks for the help. I will service it. Already changed the air filter so I'll do the rest tonight.

christs125r
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:03 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: Scooter Bogging Down Reply with quote

why you doing service and spark plug , if that don't sort problems,,, clean your, carburettor,,,, if the choke circuit 12v unplug the connector 2 pin ! test the choke device with a 12v battery this should open and close u hear click sound if u dont replace the part hope this help
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1