Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

If you seen a bike getting nicked.. what would you do?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:25 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: If you seen a bike getting nicked.. what would you do? Reply with quote

Say you are out riding on your own and you come across 2 or 3 bellends stealing a bike, what would you do?

Also if its your bike being nicked from outside your house what would you do then?

If my bike was getting nicked id be straight out with a baseball bat and wouldn't care what damage i did (i would aim for anything below the head atleast)

If i went past someone elses bike being nicked id love to think i would get off and challenge them, but then you are risking losing your own bike so its a hard one.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:30 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably do what most people would do these days, call the police and then attempt to video them whilst trying not to be too obvious about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 15:34 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not my bike and in public, call police, try not to draw attention to myself as a target because not worth getting fucked up over someone else's bike. (depends if crowd as well, if crowd present, make a scene)

If my bike, call police, probably become enraged / full of adrenaline and put myself in a worse off position than the thieves because I can't control my temper well and have access to objects that can be used as effective weapons.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:08 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a strangers bike? nothing (nor would I expect a stranger to intercede on my behalf either).

For my Bike, call the police shout that the cops are coming and take their picture. I wouldn't go full fiighty as my life is worth more to me than my bike.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:16 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was one of my bikes I'd probably try to damage them as much as I could before either I got a kicking or got dragged off by someone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: If you seen a bike getting nicked.. what would you do? Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
id love to think

And therein lies the purpose of the thread to open up for everyone to become Bodyguard and state what they might do.

Lets be honest, or I shall attempt to, fuck all, for someone else's. Here's to hoping I'll never have to find out for mine.

2-3 bellends attacking a locked bike and I'm just kindly going to go over and park up next to them and be all like "oh guys, lets not do that," ney bloody thanks.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:21 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
If it was one of my bikes I'd probably try to damage them as much as I could before either I got a kicking or got dragged off by someone.

What if he stabs you to death or throws acid on you, which have both happened or he blinds you with a dirty screwdriver?

It's just not worth it to me. but I'd be the first to offer hearty congratulations if someone else battered fuck out of a thief.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the police if I see a bike being stolen. If it was my own bike I'd shout at them/call the police hoping they'd run off. If they didn't then that's a tough call, depending on how many they're I'd have trouble watching them steal my bike.

That reminds me I need to buy a crossbow.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:37 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Call the police if I see a bike being stolen. If it was my own bike I'd shout at them/call the police hoping they'd run off. If they didn't then that's a tough call, depending on how many they're I'd have trouble watching them steal my bike.

That reminds me I need to buy a crossbow.

Catapult and a pocket of ballbearings, should do the trick Evil or Very Mad
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer the Bastard wrote:
Anal rape all the perpetrators.

I can believe that.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
not worth getting fucked up over someone else's bike

Nor my own, to be perfectly honest...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:52 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
What if he stabs you to death or throws acid on you, which have both happened or he blinds you with a dirty screwdriver?

First off, the average lowlife isn't about to be carrying a bottle of extremely low PH acid on the off chance. It's not a great weapon, and he's going to go tooled up for cutting chains etc not burning faces. Secondly, When you see someone committing a cowardly act such as the theft of a motor vehicle, you aren't going to stop and think "Oooh, what if he has a dirty screwdriver". If it happens it happens but I'd like to think that I could do some damage quickly enough to incapacitate them or for them to at least be spooked and run away. If there was three of them, then I might think differently... but I doubt that weapons would be at the forefront of my mind, beyond me looking for something I could use myself. I suppose you'd have to bear in mind that if you were close enough to see them doing it, then the chances are they haven't seen you already. If they see you and brazenly carry on then they are busy anyway. Really the only thing that would stop me I think is them being in a group of three or more.

I'm not a fighter and while I like to think I could be relatively handy that's kind of irrelevant. I'm just thinking of the anger I would feel with someone trying to steal my property. I remember the anger I felt after my garage got broken into...

When the red mist comes, it comes. Nothing would trigger that in me much more than my property or my loved ones being attacked. I doubt I'll sit there and rationally think about what to do. Hence in my original post I did say that I effectively expect to get a kicking.

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 17:03 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Meef wrote:
not worth getting fucked up over someone else's bike

Nor my own, to be perfectly honest...

MarJay wrote:
When the red mist comes, it comes.

This

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:07 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer the Bastard wrote:
Anal rape all the perpetrators.

As the good book says....

" for 'tis better to give than receive"

as for the original question - if you do decide to do something, don't make a big shouty fuss first. Always better to do the first one before the others know what is going on. Giving them a warning is going to get you seriously fucked from all sides

All the shouty nunchuck waving bravado (aka youtube) indicates is that the shouter is massaging his ego in the hope that the perps will run away - this approach will put you at a serious disadvantage IMO.

Finally, contrary to popular belief, exactly the best time to kick someone is when they are down Twisted Evil

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:09 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer the Bastard wrote:
Get Anally raped by all the perpetrators.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:17 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone elses bike, call police and video/monitor.

My bike, at home...

Load up the shotgun Smile
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in that boat back when I was a kid. But they were just smashing my bike up outside the pizza shop in which I worked.
Put one down and got a few punches on the second, unfortunately there was a third I never saw and he was behind me and
armed with a motorbike chain. Twatted me with it while I had my back to him, fell to ground trying to avoid swipe two.
Was kicked shitless for a good 2 minutes. These days I'd have been stabbed. Fuck the bike. I have insurance, and
gap insurance. I couldn't straighten my head for about 6 weeks after my kicking. Wouldn't fancy that again.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
First off, the average lowlife isn't about to be carrying a bottle of extremely low PH acid on the off chance. It's not a great weapon, and he's going to go tooled up for cutting chains etc not burning faces.

Unfortunately it's becoming more common. This guy apparently had acid thrown over him when he tried to intervene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhDGSBeDZV4

Baggyman wrote:
as for the original question - if you do decide to do something, don't make a big shouty fuss first. Always better to do the first one before the others know what is going on. Giving them a warning is going to get you seriously fucked from all sides

I've pondered the same thing. If I were to shout down first (assuming my bike was being stolen from the back garden), then if they didn't run I've lost my element of surprise. Think I'd still rather give it a go than have an unnecessary confrontation. Also from a legal perspective you might be better off shouting a warning, than going all Tony Martin straight away.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends entirely on the circumstances.

Are you alone or in a crowd, how many of them, what are they tooled up with, have you got anything handy to help put them down, is your bike or your mates, maybe a strangers, is the bike decent or a sacrificial shitter...

So many variables.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'd call the old bill and tell them there was a suspected firearm involved. They turn up pretty sharpish if there's a chance to practise the brap brap innit.

Oh sorry guv, he was waving his jacket around like there was a pistol or a shotgun under there. Hmm, go figure eh.

I'm glad to see there's not a majority of 'fite me brah' types piping up on BCF, you'd maybe lay the boot into their arse as they run off but in all honesty in this day and age it just isn't worth it. You'd end up much worse off.

Prime example; old boy farmer in my village just made the news a few months ago after he blasted a pikey in the foot with his shotgun. Bastards were parked up next to his diesel tanks in a Landy but weren't in the act of robbing him just yet. Silly old fart decided to open fire to scare them off and put one into the Landy and poor Dick Nobcock got his foot mangled. You can guess what happens next. Poor old boy ends up in front of Crown Court on charges of GBH and threatened with prison while Dick Nobcock gets a shitload of compo and let loose. In the end the farmer was acquitted with no charge but got left with a £36,000 legal fee that he couldn't pay. Internets got involved and crowdfunded it for him......

er

COOL STORY BRAH! Middle Finger

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw.

'Saw a bike being nicked'

There.
You're welcome.
Please, don't mention it, I'm happy to help.
The warm glow of self righteousness and satisfaction I get from
pointing out others mistakes is reward enough.
I'm often complemented on it.....

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

it worries me what I would do to someone, got escrima sticks and know how to use them Confused

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:44 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was my bike i'd go in swinging, if i get hurt others will be getting hurt in the process too and I'd make sure i kept hold of one of them.

If i got a clean swing at one with my lid they wouldn't be getting back up and I'd then take my chances with two on one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2