Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Viernam offroad tour - 13 days in October

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Redd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Viernam offroad tour - 13 days in October Reply with quote

Myself and a small group (4-6) friends are heading off to do an offroad tour of Vietnam, in October. It's my 40th birthday present to myself, and one of the others' 50th.

We're going with https://vietnammotorbiketour.asia on the "Amazing Ha Giang - Sapa - Hoian Motorbike tour - 13 days" tour. Details on the website.

So, I'm wondering if anyone on here has done anything similar and can give us any tips on. I was about 16/17 last time I rode off-road:
* preparation & training
* what to take (obviously helmets etc but are there particular types of armour etc we should look at)

So far on prep & training we've been taking a few sessions at a Hypr-Trax (indoor, electric MX track - surprisingly good fun and hard work). In the summer we're off for a couple of days training at MotoScotland - which is looking like a lot of fun.

Personally, I've been using cycling (rollers) & rowing (machine) of an evening at home to improve my fitness - legs + core. Currently recovering from straining my IT Band unfortunately. What else would you recommend? I've heard that offroad mountain biking would be very good from a skill & fitness perspective.

The bikes in Vietnam will be 250 2-strokes. I'm imagining helmet, gloves, mx armour, and maybe mesh covering it and not much else. Also boots, but would you wear full on MX boots and just have to deal with the heat/humidity?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ask on www.rideasia.net as they're all about riding in S.E.Asia.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1