Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mkjackary
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:41 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
mkjackary wrote:
Old biker guys who think they are better than everyone else.
[...]
im not talking middle aged riders either, they are usually nice and love a chat.)

I'm quite intrigued where your gap lies between 'older bikers' and 'middle-aged riders'!? Very Happy

At the point that offends the least amount of people possible, dug a bit of a hole I think. Laughing

But seriously, it isn't so much age, but the difference between someone who loves bikes and won't blank you when you say "nice bike" or something similar. And then someone who will act like the fucking stig and blanks you because their wife hasn't put out for 15 years and they only time they smile is when there is a documentary about the great war on.

Grumpy bastards annoy me, lighten the fuck up and accept a compliment/nod back/ fucking smile. Maybe I am just

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:01 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
Grumpy bastards annoy me

Thread is about stupid things, not stuff that annoys you.

So I guess your post qualifies.

Are you annoyed yet?

Well, that's off topic too. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explore hedges and the front of oncoming Mini Metros whilst riding.

Ride in the blind spot of cars whilst waiting for an opportunity to overtake. I could almost forgive this stupidity for those who have never driven a car and don't understand the concept of a blind spot, except that 2 inches from my rear quarter doesn't seem so bright anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

suburban myth
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:44 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of bikers ride like cunts and do stupid, dangerous stuff. My wife now assumes the same and forbids me from 2 wheels.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
it isn't so much age, but the difference between someone who loves bikes and won't blank you when you say "nice bike" or something similar. [...] Grumpy bastards annoy me, lighten the fuck up and accept a compliment/nod back/ fucking smile.

Well this old fart would certainly nod back at you; however you'd probably be unlikely to say 'nice bike' to me, cos I only ride a V-Strom Cool

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: The stupid things bikers do. Reply with quote

I decided not to
Pjay wrote:
to fk off.

as you so elegantly put it.

However
Pjay wrote:
It's cool, I know his little bad karma spamming clique are almost certainly going to be on my case again............

Do tell, who are the members of the "bad karma spamming clique"?
And what, exactly, does "bad karma spamming clique" actually mean?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this old fart is constantly in fear of NIPs because I don't show a great deal of restraint when I'm out on my bike. Thinking
I'll miss a mobile camera eventually when I'm North of 90... Tick tock tick tock...Confused

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Explore hedges and the front of oncoming Mini Metros whilst riding.

Ride in the blind spot of cars whilst waiting for an opportunity to overtake. I could almost forgive this stupidity for those who have never driven a car and don't understand the concept of a blind spot, except that 2 inches from my rear quarter doesn't seem so bright anyway.

You have to learn to love yourself chicken Crying or Very sad

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, now.

Whatever vehicle you're in, roundabouts were issued from the heavens for antics. Traffic light controls are the devil's work.

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:11 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm old and recently bought a sports bike after a 25 year break. That's pretty stupid.
What else?
Hit the throttle while still on damp white line when overtaking. That was pretty stupid.
Remove my brain when another bike appears in front of me (or behind me). That's pretty stupid.
Rode through the winter even though I have a nice comfortable warm car. That's pretty stupid (coz I'm old).
Lets not talk about roundabout antics or lane merging antics. That's pretty stupid.
Said to son he could borrow my baby for a track day when he had no interest in doing one. Now he's at that more confidence than skill/experience stage and asked when next track day was.
THAT WAS VERY STUPID.

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:45 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

once rode in to the kerb as too busy looking for the missus in the park next to the road
That was pretty stupid and embarrassing and bloody painful

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: The stupid things bikers do. Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
They tend to buy the same model bike they trained on.

Nope. Trained on a Honda, bought a Suzuki

Pjay wrote:
They buy matching leathers to their bike.

Nope. My first leathers were second hand and said "Yamaha" on them. My new ones are black

Pjay wrote:
They only ride in the summer.

I commute all year round.

Pjay wrote:
They think they are in the MotoGP whenever they are on a big roundabout.

Yeah, OK. I'll give you that one. One out of Four aint bad. Very Happy

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuck a 750 quid exhaust on my bike which I know full well isn't street legal. Then took baffle out of it.
Not that bright in the big scale of things on a few different levels when I look back at my decision. But lulz so meh...

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:09 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, lots of differing opinions and ranting going on in this thread. Regarding the types of bikers one gets and the conversations etc., I find at my local haunt, the 'H' Cafe at Berinsfield, that there is a nice mix of all types. There is always a group of young 'uns on their 125s - they come in all in a bunch, park up and sit and have a chat. Really, it is good to note that they interact with people like me (eg 80 years old etc etc). They are interested in anything to do with biking, and I have no problems chatting to them. A good lot, and they seem happy that someone my age wants to talk to them. So please don't think all the youngsters are bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:50 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
They arrange a group ride of them and their 3 friends to a biker cafe, and the day then consists of 28 minutes riding there and back, and 3 hours of them being snooty in their clique looking down the noses at younguns whilst drinking coffee and smoking fags like boring old wankers.

Yep, I know people like that... they also seem to like doing 3 figures along dual carriageways and avoiding twisty roads !

I'm also happy talking to young uns, because I remember what it was like to wander round looking and talking to others about their bikes as the old uns can usually afford the bigger / better / fasterer bikes. I still do on occasion

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid thing I have done along with many others is forgetting to put the side stand down when getting off Laughing

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:58 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly overtakes, i see plenty people overtaking on or just before bends and cutting it close with oncoming cars.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure why the summer riding thing is stupid as such.
It seems stupid not to use a car in shitty weather, winter or otherwise, only if you have the choice of course.
By this logic, financial inadequacies plus a lack of car driving qualification equals greater intelligence.
I think not.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:22 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In town:
Undertaking.

Stupid (and annoying) whether you are on two wheels or four.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:16 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
In town:
Undertaking.

Stupid (and annoying) whether you are on two wheels or four.

Overtaking on the left. Fine in queuing traffic, find if the untertakee is turning right. Under other circumstances, you "shouldn't" overtake on the left, but they "shouldn't" be to the right, and making it necessary. They started it.

I take great pleasure in overtaking to the left of "primary position" pedalists. Rule 160, "keep the left" applies to them just as much as to anyone else. Don't worry, I always give pedalists plenty of room, regardless of which side they've obliged me to use.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:27 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

28mph moped riders who filter

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

neighbour has a ratty Lexmoto with L plates.

Except that isnow without a right mirror and a bent lever, and no l plates. Except for the l plate he has put on his petrol tank
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2