Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

General Election: 8th June 2017

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Here we go again, simplistic arguments about the age / wealth divide.
There are, at the moment roughly the same / slightly MORE 60 - 80 year olds than those in their mid thirties, that's why they are called the 'Baby Boomers'. Er.... They are at the end of their life, benefiting from the wealth they have accrued. BUT, (on average) they have a scant ten to fifteen years left to enjoy it. The young have a large proportion of their life still to come, they will inherit whatever wealth is left to pass on, they will have shed the burden of an ageing, top heavy population. It might not be popular, but they will have to work as hard and as long as their parents.
The snowflake SHALL inherit the earth, just be a little more patient.

Only problem I can see with that's most people had more than one child. I think a lot of people are still going to be locked out of the housing market etc., unless we have a mass pandemic Praying

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and so it begins...

https://readyformogg.org/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smrunv011i80r2o/mogg1.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qujygwonybwmn9o/mogg2.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgwgzmzrnij2vkt/mogg3.jpg?raw=1

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:13 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Only problem I can see with that's most people had more than one child. I think a lot of people are still going to be locked out of the housing market etc., unless we have a mass pandemic Praying

So you don't inherit a whole house. You get half a house, minus tax. Enough to have a hefty deposit, or clear the remainder of your current mortgage, or clear all of your personal debt and give you a hefty deposit.

Moaning about not inheriting a house mortgage-free is very snowflake.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:34 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready.

Form.

https://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~bressen/netrek/img/scrshots/scrshot1.png

If you'd played Netrek you'd be ROFLing right now. You heathens.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
M.C wrote:

So you don't inherit a whole house. You get half a house, minus tax. Enough to have a hefty deposit, or clear the remainder of your current mortgage, or clear all of your personal debt and give you a hefty deposit.

Moaning about not inheriting a house mortgage-free is very snowflake.

How am I moaning? I'm pointing out if you don't earn enough to get a mortgage (which's common in the south-east), a third of say a 200k house isn't going to get you much, unless you move up north. My point was that I don't see baby boomers dying out as bringing the readjustment intimated.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
And the relevance of the Whois information is what exactly?
I presume you understand how domain privacy works?

They register their website in Panama a known secrecy jurisdiction clearly they are not honourable hiding their details.
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

...and I presumed you were capable of reading and understanding dates.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

You should practise what you preach to Val, and change the fucking record.

You should put more effort into trying to post relevant comments, instead of concentrating your available brain power into whining about me all the time.
Wink

Relevant comments fly straight over your head. The grown-ups all get it, just not you.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

...and I presumed you were capable of reading and understanding dates.

Presumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:56 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
I am more interested in discussion of his ideas

His idea is to overthrow a democratically elected government by force.

To have another election, he says now, but he's on record as saying that elections don't work and that the comrades should take control of their local communes. Communities.

If he succeeds in toppling the Tories once by force, do you really believe that he'll accept anything less than a McDonnell - I mean, a labour - regime if the result is the same next time?

I'm still not seeing the "force" he is advocating. Industrial action and protests which can bring "the country to a halt" are both lawful and peaceful protests, so I don't think we can really categorise them as force.

If McDonnel gets into power via force then I will be out on the streets politely informing anyone who will listen that I won't stand for it and would the burly policeman kindly remove his boot from my neck.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
not at all interested in attacks on his person. Calling him a commie agitator seems to fall pretty firmly into the latter category.

But... he is one. Eh?

But repeatedly calling him one doesn't add anything to the discussion, see also: remoaner & brexshitter.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
McDonnel and co have been singing this song for a long time, why are people thinking it will amount to anything now?

Because Sharia has absolutely fouled things up and there's an outside chance that he might succeed this time. There is a mood of discontent among the revolting reds, and not entirely unfairly given their share of the base, common and popular vote.

This might actually happen. It's not likely, but it's an existential threat to the nation, and I live in the nation.

In a communist dominated state, as with all totalitarian regimes like Naziism and islam, political ideas and discourse become irrelevant.

That's the big danger here. All extremists must be exterminated without exception in the name of moderation.

Yeah, McDonnel and Co are ebullient off the back of the swing in the polls, but most of the PLP wouldn't go along with such a scheme, quite a few have backtracked and are trying to ingratiate themselves with Corbyn (some after storming out of the shadow cabinet). Can the little core of true believers start and run such a coup? These groups (including momentum) have shown themselves to pretty useless at organising anything beyond facebook petitions.

It's certainly a real danger, but it's not one I can realistically see coming to pass, any more than I think May will turn the UK into a dictatorship in a bid to retain leadership (not for want of trying on her part of course).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Many do manage a mortgage in the South East on basic earnings. They just have to be a little more realistic than some with housing costs.

There are still too many not living in the real world in this respect.

Depends where and their circumstances. I think the days of a single person on a basic salary are pretty much gone.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Jacob is a real asset to the Parliament. However, totally unsuitable for the job of PM, wrong background, too rich, too posh, unable to connect with the concerns of probably 80% of the public and would see them as a sort of abstract issue.

jjdugen wrote:
Here we go again, simplistic arguments about the age / wealth divide.
There are, at the moment roughly the same / slightly MORE 60 - 80 year olds than those in their mid thirties, that's why they are called the 'Baby Boomers'. Er.... They are at the end of their life, benefiting from the wealth they have accrued. BUT, (on average) they have a scant ten to fifteen years left to enjoy it. The young have a large proportion of their life still to come, they will inherit whatever wealth is left to pass on, they will have shed the burden of an ageing, top heavy population. It might not be popular, but they will have to work as hard and as long as their parents.
The snowflake SHALL inherit the earth, just be a little more patient.

Except you've completely missed the point in your rush to be offended, snowflake Wink

There is a very fundamental problem here facing the millennials. The problem here isn't actually money, it's actually a toxic mix of immigration, student debts, and house prices (aka costs) with an economy that isn't really growing per capita for non-house owners. We can tax the boomers on their wealth, but this doesn't actually help the situation, and probably will make the situation worse. What is required is actual real growth in the economy, along with lower costs. Redistribution is not going to help, you cannot redistribute growth like you can money. Inheritance also doesn't help as no matter how much they inherit much of the damage will already be done. Consider if couples delay moving out and having children until they are say 40, this is a fundamental problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:32 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or people who don't like the idea of 40% of their estate above the threshold (£425k if leaving a house to kids / grandkids, otherwise it's £325k) will be more likely to spend some time and money arranging legal ways of reducing the inheritance tax liability.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:39 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

WTF? You post some nonsense about how you can't believe that some tax payers may not be entirely for the paying of student fees and writing off of student debts, then get the hump when someone points out that your position as the Peter Pan of students, probably makes your opinion a tad biased.

Really? Seemed a pretty valid point to me.
Mind you, gave a third chance this week to call me a cunt and pour personal abuse at me again, whilst trying to pretend it's me being abusive.
Way to go champ! Thumbs Up

You still don't get it.

You telling me my opinion is invalid or biased because I'm a student is quite clearly personal abuse, and is as pointless as me saying that all your opinions are invalid just because you're a cunt.

You're basically making the "you are A, therefore you can't be/do/have/think B" assumption. Pretty sure that never worked out very well for society over the years.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And, this got you jizzing your pants because?

You appear to be failing an comprehension again. You tend to do this when you've run out of arguments in a discussion. I think your next step is usually, at this point, to hurl some personal abuse.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:39 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
I'm still not seeing the "force" [McDonnell] is advocating.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Aforce

"coercion or compulsion, especially [but not necessarily] with the use or threat of violence"

Falco wrote:
Industrial action and protests which can bring "the country to a halt" are both lawful and peaceful protests, so I don't think we can really categorise them as force.

Not with that attitude, we can't.

Falco wrote:
[Overthrow of Parliament by force is] certainly a real danger, but it's not one I can realistically see coming to pass

Probably not.

If I were a betting man (allah forbids it) I'd lay money on the reds getting Sharia's head on a spike before Autumn (politically, I have to clarify, given the current climate).

I don't see them forcing another early election - in which only one result will be acceptable to them - but not for want of trying.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

No it's not. I'm pointing out that your opinion on student fees is swayed by the fact, you don't pay tax and have ran up a sizeable debt dodging work well into adulthood. You're thoughts are hardly going to be impartial on this subject are they?

What would sway my opinion on providing free education to new generations of our country? I have nothing to gain from it. My students debts are already there, with George Osborne's wonderful addition of above-inflation interest to boot. I won't win in any way, shape or form through the abolition of student fees now. So try again with your poor attempt at discrediting my opinion.

I say again, you're making a classic case of "this person is A, so they can't think/do/say/want B", and you're wrong.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:27 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
What would sway my opinion on providing free education to new generations of our country?

Seeing ~40% of what you earn stolen from you in order to pay for snowflakes to do History of Patriarchal Racist Homophobia courses.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
What would sway my opinion on providing free education to new generations of our country?

Seeing ~40% of what you earn stolen from you in order to pay for snowflakes to do History of Patriarchal Racist Homophobia courses.

But I never mentioned a magic free education tree. I said free education for those who qualify.

Still, this doesn't really relate to the one-size-fits-all disdain that our mpd72 chum has for anything and everything even the remotest connection to the word 'university'.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 57 of 69