Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

General Election: 8th June 2017

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
The last thing we need now is a government to come in and start spunking money into the public and social sectors, even more so when that party is ran by economic morons with no grasp of reality or figures.

Which is precisely what the current incumbents are proposing, at this very moment!
For the record, I'm not the suggesting or advocating that the labour alternative is any better, it would be worse.
However the current incumbents, the tories, are manoeuvring themselves, the electorate and the UK into a no win, clusterfuk, scenario which could so easily have been avoided, by not calling a pointless, ego driven, GE in the first place!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:14 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do hate nurses! Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:00 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good news. After doing all the PR damage by promising it, Sharia has now kicked the fox hunting free vote into the long grass. Clapping

For clarity: I hate foxes. They breed like rabbits.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Because Snowflake are too thick to see that austerity is needed. This is just the Tories playing to a new breed of thick electorate, who currently idolise MC Jeremy and his magic money tree.

So, the government, (the tories), are running scared and kowtowing to a proportion of the electorate, who didn't vote for them, knowing full well that their proposals aren't even, remotely, financially viable.
The proposals are the complete opposite of their own, stated, political agenda but, funnily enough, align almost exactly with political agenda of "MC Jeremy".

As I said "Strong and Stable", my arse!

Is there another GE on the horizon, by any chance?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Worked for MC Corbyn in his self declared victory and related hero worship tour.

Clearly not, as labour are not in power!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Anyone thought about telling MC Jezza that? He seems unaware.

Considering he was going to oversee the biggest loss of seats since whoever, the fact he's gained seats probably feels like a victory.

Which leads me on to my next question: why the fuck do you care? He's doing nobody any harm, he's not prime minister, he's not in a position to influence any policies... Why do you care?

Or is it because, yet again, ukip couldn't get an election win if they were the only party standing?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Considering he was going to oversee the biggest loss of seats since whoever, the fact he's gained seats probably feels like a victory.

Which leads me on to my next question: why the fuck do you care? He's doing nobody any harm, he's not prime minister, he's not in a position to influence any policies... Why do you care?

Or is it because, yet again, ukip couldn't get an election win if they were the only party standing?

Still only +4 on what Gordon Brown managed, and that was mainly down to May's incompetence, overshadowing Corbyn's own incompetence and even that of Diane Abbott Shocked

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

A bit later mate. I'm not ready to fall asleep yet.

So you can't answer then?

Quelle surprise. If it's not Muslamic, you've no answer. Silence

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Is that it, the best argument you can dream up?
It's not even original, it's just the same old, jingoistic, drivel regurgitated from the gutter press!
The Labour party aren't in power, that is an undeniable fact!

Oh the irony, it has just cost the taxpayer £1Bn to prop up a government majority who will, no doubt, vote through a stop to the 5 year old public sector pay cap, exactly what the tories said wouldn't happen, yet somehow it's someone else's fault.

The other one's got bells on it, FFS! Rolling Eyes

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Worked for MC Corbyn in his self declared victory and related hero worship tour.

Clearly not, as labour are not in power!

I think it was a resounding victory for Corbin as an individual.
The New Labour mob were gleefully sharpening their scythes, axes, and probably doing a few limbering up stretches, so excited, so ready for the opportunity to hack him into bits.
He must have been aware that many of his MP's wanted him to fail, and yet there he was, watching May issue one unpopular policy after another, sinking her own campaign the longer it went on. If the election had been a couple of weeks later, after Grenfell, how much closer to a Corbyn government would we have been?

He must be on cloud 9.
He didn't win the election, but he won a clear victory over some elements of his party.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:55 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
I think it was a resounding victory for Corbin as an individual.

Not in the sense of a Tony Blair victory, but I agree, he was a surprisingly effective loser.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:17 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was simply a superb, wonderful, amazing runner up.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour did as well as you'd expect an opposition party to do 7 years in, like the tories did in 2005. but Micheal Howard still lost, and he still resigned, Labour are stuck with a loser for another 5 years
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Presume Diane Abbott retained her seat?
How the fcuk did that happen>?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:45 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I Presume Diane Abbott retained her seat?
How the fcuk did that happen>?

https://www.dianeabbott.org.uk/hackney/local-demographics.aspx

"[In the London Borough of Hackney] of the resident population 36.2% of people describe themselves as White British."

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That many?
I used to drive the 277 bus through Hackney over 20 years ago and it was spot the white man then.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Labour did as well as you'd expect an opposition party to do 7 years in, like the tories did in 2005. but Micheal Howard still lost, and he still resigned, Labour are stuck with a loser for another 5 years

Hence why I keep bringing up the Gordon Brown stat, unless 4 more seats equal a winner Confused

grr666 wrote:
That many?
I used to drive the 277 bus through Hackney over 20 years ago and it was spot the white man then.

Its become a bit more hipster now... unfortunately they're probably just as likely to vote for Abbott.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So being of the same ethnic origin is more important than the fact that as a politician my 7 year old nephew would do better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
So being of the same ethnic origin is more important than the fact that as a politician my 7 year old nephew would do better

Yep Thumbs Up I find it funny when people like David Lammy are incredibly disrespectful towards their constituents (I've met him and he's actually rather snooty), yet still get voted in because they're the right colour for the area.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:42 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Are you all graduated then, or is this another gap decade?

Yep, all done. No more studenting for me. Was a real bore by the end but definitely worth it. Seems to have got me where I wanted, at least for the foreseeable future.

And until I'm earning enough to even dream of paying off my loans, I suppose it had best be said: Thank you, UK taxpayers Wink . Heh.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:03 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Thank you, UK taxpayers Wink . Heh.

https://i.imgur.com/SRDM1gH.gif

You off to do physics for our competitors, or teach English to our competitors?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 68 of 69