Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Road Riders on iPlayer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ForestRunner
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Road Riders on iPlayer Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08mp802

Just watched a minute ago.
Irish road racing profile of amateurs competing.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the tip, just watched it.

I think I'm starting to get a little bit tired of the focus on the dangers of road racing in these films and programmes. This one seemed to be about little else. It'd be nice to see a bit more about bike preparation and stuff like that.
Lovely looking Norton that guy was riding.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ForestRunner
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I know what you mean.
There is more to come, so hopefully they have got that out of the way in the first episode and will focus on some of what really goes in to making the races happen.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it too but before this thread.

I concur with the whole moany comments about the danger and quickly formed the opinion they could of made something good and positive and yet again, surprise surprise, turned it into a negative making it the focus point including the death of a young rider as the ending.

Young lass was alright, too soon?

To me Road still remains the go to film about the TT if ever I want to watching something related. That or there was a long doc about it where hutchy pulls wheelie's as a kid, forgot the name. Either way nice to see it getting some attention hopefully the two episodes that follow are more positive.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:44 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookmarked for later Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Road still remains the go to film about the TT if ever I want to watching something related. That or there was a long doc about it where hutchy pulls wheelie's as a kid, forgot the name. Either way nice to see it getting some attention hopefully the two episodes that follow are more positive.

Road's brilliant. Are you thinking of closer to the edge? I agree about Road Riders, too moany, I got a bit bored TBH.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like it even with it's over dramatic anti-climaxes <<<I think they did a John Peel session.

There's a sincerity in the 'cast' and if anything it pushes the point of the urgency to race the roads again and again regardless of...well everything.

Gives an insight on shoestring roadracing and the state of their tyres on the start line. Laughing

7/10.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:03 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

I concur with the whole moany comments about the danger and quickly formed the opinion they could of made something good and positive and yet again, surprise surprise, turned it into a negative making it the focus point including the death of a young rider as the ending.

To me Road still remains the go to film about the TT if ever I want to watching something related. That or there was a long doc about it where hutchy pulls wheelie's as a kid, forgot the name. Either way nice to see it getting some attention hopefully the two episodes that follow are more positive.

Road isn't about the TT

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Are you thinking of closer to the edge?

Aye, that's the one. Thumbs Up

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:31 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they are making a film at this years TT Hollywood style.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2016/november/iomtt-film-coming
Chances are it will be pish.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 2 spoiler warning.

I couldn't feel more depressed by road racing after watching that if I tried. No sooner had I realised I was starting to wait for the fun music, fast action and race footage had it ended with nothing but a constant theme of loosing ones family and general sadness throughout.

The begging of intro has a loss statistic and the ending of the into ends with a crash.

It's all a bit boring. Was using a Dunlop saying he didn't want to race a way of BBC putting another nail in coffin of motorbikes, or road racing?

I can't help but feel the BBC or the makers of this programme need a boot up the arse. One thing that's true about writing is, keep with me here, that an Author writes about a certain topic from a set view point from the begging.. it's their take on the subject. I can't help but think they've got the wrong team for the job here. Or the right one if BBC plans to provide negative coverage of it all.

I need to go watch some of Lockk9 TT Racing's videos or alike to put the fun back into it. Watching one of them always brings a smile to me face.

On the plus side, only a short one, Dunlop was using a workzone ratchet to work on the bike. Great advert for Aldi. Knew there was a reason I figured it better than the Halfords advanced one.

I'll watch the third one but I already know what's coming, more depression.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:21 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie Lad wrote:
NJD wrote:

Road isn't about the TT

It's about the Dunlops, so close enough.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw episode one the other day, thought there was too much about safety and not enough about bikes - was quite boring to be honest.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:49 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Dave.... wrote:
Apparently they are making a film at this years TT Hollywood style.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2016/november/iomtt-film-coming
Chances are it will be pish.

You just know they are hoping some poor bugger will lose their life so they can base their film around it.

I ar pre-emptively rememberest.

https://i.imgur.com/OYF7b40.jpg?1

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:08 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

B0ndy wrote:
Saw episode one the other day, thought there was too much about safety and not enough about bikes - was quite boring to be honest.

It's not really aimed at bikers, it's aimed at the general public it's asking the questions they'd ask.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
ZX-7R wrote:

You just know they are hoping some poor bugger will lose their life so they can base their film around it.

The puppy's gonna die? Crying or Very sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:32 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

The puppy's gonna die? Crying or Very sad

With only 3 days until retirement.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah episode 2 was boring (as well), probably more so as I quite liked the girl in the first one Wub The guy who (previously) broke his neck wearing the neck thingy, is that a good idea? Confused

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
So yeah episode 2 was boring (as well), probably more so as I quite liked the girl in the first one Wub The guy who (previously) broke his neck wearing the neck thingy, is that a good idea? Confused

Oi, eyes of. Well, what one are you on about? The one that dated that young lad before he passed away, forgot his name. If so, SHOTGUN.

I looked at him and said "you're going to die," wasn't far of. Remember his face from somewhere.. not that I've seen him but knew where the programme was going.

If anything that crash, because six months at home, gave me the mentality that if you're going to come of do it big and don't come back. Sod being injured having to look at other peoples bikes for the rest of your life.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
M.C wrote:

Oi, eyes of. Well, what one are you on about? The one that dated that young lad before he passed away, forgot his name. If so, SHOTGUN.

I looked at him and said "you're going to die," wasn't far of. Remember his face from somewhere.. not that I've seen him but knew where the programme was going.

If anything that crash, because six months at home, gave me the mentality that if you're going to come of do it big and don't come back. Sod being injured having to look at other peoples bikes for the rest of your life.

Yep the one who's recently available/needing a shoulder to cry on Cool I agree, I don't care if I die, I care if I have to live out my years in pain with horrible injures.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 07:22 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin foil hats on, is this just another BBC series designed to put people off ever getting a bike? Thinking

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Yep the one who's recently available/needing a shoulder to cry on Cool

I'd probably have to leave the fact that I also ride out of the introduction simply through the fear of being shown up. Embarassed
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1