BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to get away with manslaughter...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nationality is not a race. I only used that to prove my point.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I can only imagine what would happen if it was a Polish citizen who was ''allegedly'' killed by an English lad. We all know how you like Poles.

I'm not sure I understand you here, are you suggesting the average English person dislikes the Polish?
I am sure the average English person dislikes that they came in droves to do manual labour jobs that meant it was harder for unskilled people to get jobs, but that was more directed towards the government and our lack of immigration control, not directed personally at people who were just trying to better themselves in life. I have many good Polish friends, some of whom I will be spending most of tomorrow with. They agree that there was too much of them coming here, they even complain that they are competing here more with the other poles for work, than with the English. Especially in the building trades (where my friends work). They came here when they were just competing with the Irish for work, but they Irish have now all left and it's almost always Poles competing against other for estimates and it pisses them off that the prices of works keeps dropping because of this.

I'm not sure at all that there is any degree of hate crime in the UK of anti Polish nature, past it being used as an insult in a drunken brawl to call someone a Polish Prick or suchlike. I really don't think there are people that genuinely get up in the morning and think that they will go out and kill a Pole. It just isn't happening, no matter what the Guardian may like to tell you.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed up punch up gets well out of hand, involves foreigner. Because foreigner is the one who came off worse, media all up
in arms about Brexit/Racism. Wouldn't have even been reported on if the scummy Englishman was the one on the floor.
Certainly not by the Guardian, which by the way rarely has me reading past the first sentence or two of any article as
the mouth full of sick and overwhelming feeling of disappointment is usually enough to stop me right there.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Nationality is not a race. I only used that to prove my point.

You proved fuck all and arguing minutae is a sign of clutching at straws. As gr666 just stated if it was an Englishman would the papers have even run the story? No. If it were a Pole would you have even mentioned it? No. You're as bad as the papers you're criticising for making a big deal out of it by focusing on a NATIONALITY aspect that isn't there.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you say, if English manslaughter another English in the same matter, and the court would rule the perpetrator was not guilty, then the News wouldn't even mention it? Thinking

Also, you do not read what I say. But, I think it does not matter anyway.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK has 64 million people. There are violent crimes involving alcohol all the time. Much worse things happen too, but it never hits the national news.

Last year a dead body was found in a bin near where I lived, burnt to a crisp. It didn't make national news because it was local and gang related - a 'Brits on Brits' crime.

So yes, it's not usually picked up in the news... unless there's a nice and easy hysterial undertone to be sold, depending on what the current vogue is. Right now the vogue is 'Brexit' and 'racism', so stories like the one you posted are easy pickings.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Also, you do not read what I say. But, I think it does not matter anyway.

Actually I DID read what you said:

RhynoCZ wrote:
... just be English, beat up a Czech to death, say you are sorry. Confused

A man got killed but you said a Czech got killed as if it's more of a tragedy. You have just as much of an agenda as the newspaper.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:51 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Well, first of all, I am glad Roger finds this amusing.

We don't have a "Diverting" rating.

The funny comes from the fact that if you search for Dead Dindu, you will find a bunch of legacy media articles which are, as I noted, practically word-for-word identical. Grauniad to Daily Hate, they're all telling precisely the same story.

Which means that it is just that: a story, that someone has concocted and is peddling.

Stories are not truth, and they're not admissible. In our Union (Kingdom, not EuroSoviet) we have a quaint old fashioned notion of convicting people based on something called "evidence", which consists of what is presented and challenged in court, and only that.

RhynoCZ wrote:
There was far to much evidence against him.

There was far too much story against him.

Unless you were in the courtroom, you can't speak to the evidence, let alone to his guilt.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:02 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
A man got killed but you said a Czech got killed as if it's more of a tragedy. You have just as much of an agenda as the newspaper.

It's only like when there's a report on a disaster and thy report the casualties, then the number of British casualties.
People are only real if they're our people.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:58 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with the decorator on this one.

Looks like a biased report that was then picked up from a wire service and lazily copied by other "sources". Not corroboration.

I will bet cash money that is not the version of events the Defence were selling.

The Defence version seems to be the one the jury bought.

No mention of any criticism of their verdict by the judge

No squeals of protest or promises to appeal the verdict by the prosecution

It appears all involved in the court accepted it.

I would expect complaints to follow about the reporting

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem strange that a fatal use of a weapon in a street with plenty opportunity to escape has resulted in not guilty.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:11 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
Does seem strange that a fatal use of a weapon in a street with plenty opportunity to escape has resulted in not guilty.

Notable also by its absence is the outraged editorial comment about how such a thing could happen. If this was unbiased reporting, I would have expected that to be prominent. If it was biased, an editorial comment would give much greater grounds for complaint, legal action etc.

I think they are presenting "alternative facts" here.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jury selection complete:

https://i.imgur.com/gltsa06.jpg?1

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the full transcripts are released. Though I doubt it.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:03 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the full transcripts are released. Though I doubt it.

Why doubt it? No national security angle here. Open court. reporter(s) and the public present.

William of Ockham assures me this is just shit reporting - no conspiracies and given it was in Londistan, probably a diverse jury

kernow24
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:42 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see the issue.

people get found not guilty of murder / manslaughter / other crimes every day, why is this case any different?

seems to me the CPS overstretched to try to get a manslaughter verdict when maybe a GBH or wounding with intent charge would have been better, and maybe would have succeeded.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:54 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Nationality is not a race.

Sure it is, and we win: Britain First.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Murder requires a pre-meditated intent. If his intention wasn't to kill the guy then it was manslaughter.

No Murder is where you set out with the intent to cause serious injury or death and death occurs.

Premeditated intent just ups the tariff at sentence.

A jury could convict instead on manslaughter based on "mens rea" (Guilty mind) but arguably as he twatted the guy with a chain more than once when he was already down then his intent was to cause serious damage.

There must be alot more to this case than published, that or they accidentally swapped the jury with a Jeremy Kyle audience.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2