Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Westminster useless new parking app

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:33 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Westminster useless new parking app Reply with quote

Hello all,

Westminster council recently updated their parking app Parkright and it seems to be completely broken.
I paid for 3 months parking last wednesday and received a PCN the day after. From what I can see on the app reviews other people are in the same situation.
I immediately challenged the PCN with a screenshot of the app showing my active permit and a bank statement with the payment to the council, not sure what else can be done.
I think some people here park in westminster too, any of you had the same problem? If not, don't use parkright for now Middle Finger
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:05 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK westminster is the only council that has paid parking for bikes, not all London but still annoying yeah

Toccs
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:44 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in Westminster are you close to Parliament square? If so i can show you a free underground parking area if you like.

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:55 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I work in soho, I have a parking bay literally in front of the door.
I know some Qparks let bikes park for free but I can't be bothered walking Mr. Green

Toccs
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:06 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for those of you are up this way there is free parking here, its underground, gated and covered in cameras so far less chance of being nicked.

When you get there it will automatically open, just drive around the barrier, same with going out.

https://s10.postimg.org/lxymei6nt/Capture.png[/img]

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:14 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice Thumbs Up
there's a list here of all the free qparks with number of spaces:
https://www.q-park.co.uk/parking-with-q-park/park-with-q-park/london-parking/motorcycle-parking-

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Camden started charging too.
I work right on the border of Westminster/Camden council - so at the moment I pay £100 a year and park in Westminster, easy.
Camden's bike parking bays are _heaving_ because people don't want to pay less than a tenner a month to park, so they cram into the Camden spaces and walk into Westminster.

I'm moving offices into Camden next month - because it'll still be fairly close to the Wesminster/Camden border the bike parking is a nightmare - so now I'm going to have to park in Westminster and walk 10~15 mins into Camden each day - all because people are so f'king tight. They're happy to pay £5.50 for a pint or £8 for a sandwich, but £8.30 for a month's parking? No. Rolling Eyes

Toccs
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:47 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
I wish Camden started charging too.
I work right on the border of Westminster/Camden council - so at the moment I pay £100 a year and park in Westminster, easy.
Camden's bike parking bays are _heaving_ because people don't want to pay less than a tenner a month to park, so they cram into the Camden spaces and walk into Westminster.

I'm moving offices into Camden next month - because it'll still be fairly close to the Wesminster/Camden border the bike parking is a nightmare - so now I'm going to have to park in Westminster and walk 10~15 mins into Camden each day - all because people are so f'king tight. They're happy to pay £5.50 for a pint or £8 for a sandwich, but £8.30 for a month's parking? No. Rolling Eyes

If its close come park in the place i said above, at best the bays are 50% full you could get 100+ bikes in that place easy. Most of the bikers are respectful of space too so no crammed spaces.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1