Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

COD WWII Trailer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is since 2007 I've aged a little and no longer get time to throw controllers at the wall as much as I used too so almost fifty quid, witch is most probably normal, is a bit much. See how much it goes down between now and November. No doubt the non-standard, "Pro", edition will sell out despite no details at current because bunch of people who do it for a living + endless stream on 12 year olds pulling on mommy and daddies purse because "need!"

Could be big if they get it right but I'll wait for more actual footage and information before pre-ordering. Plenty of time between now and release.

WaW was good at the time but a little dated now.

See what they come up with.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, actual footage of the in-game cutscenes.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait and see, I'm still playing BO3 on-line at the moment.
I've not been convinced enough by my mates at work about the latest offerings to move on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise move going back to WW2 stuff. COD2 was great, specially the beach landings they throw you into at the start - that game was 12 years ago Shocked .

This new trailer was just a trailer though, and a cheesy American one at that. Not sold on it yet.

Last edited by Lord Percy on 23:13 - 26 Apr 2017; edited 1 time in total

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Modern Warfare 2 many years ago and quite liked it, although it was a bit too easy to complete (if a fight gets a bit to heated run past everything and the AI gives up), all the CODs I've played since seem to get shorter and shorter, so I gave up.

Excluding the online part (I don't see the fun in running around for 10 seconds, dying and respawning only to repeat for the length of the battle), I'd be seriously pissed off if I went out and paid £50 for a game only to complete it 2 hours later (can't remember if that was MW 3 or not)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:47 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-G wrote:
one mission you could be a sniper protecting the Führer from an onslaught of Allied troops

As he cowers courageously in his bunker, blubbing heroically.

Dave-G wrote:
and another whereby you are manning an eighty-eight protecting the skies over Bremen.

The longer you can hold out, the more vital bricks can be built at the Neuengamme "work camp". Vernichtung durch Arbeit! Arbeit macht frei!

Hmm, I'm seeing a few problems with playing as the Hun. Thinking

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:10 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'll wait and see, I'm still playing BO3 on-line at the moment.

BO3? Is this a cake based simulation game.

Is there nothing they won't try to milk out of bake off.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrote:
BO3

First one was alright, got well into that. Second I missed out on because reasons. Third one was all jumpy jump and crap upon release and I got bored of loosing 20K + xp games because "server said no," and then having to do it all again so gave up on it.

COD 4 Remastered is alright but it can't be all that hard to add and improve the graphics on an already existing platform. Best they've done with that is create some "new" badges, that anyone could design after a day with AE and Photoshop, and some new guns, that had many people venting their anger because "omg you changed dis game not de same man!"

WW2 era has lots of potential and could be most informative if done right but this is call of duty and I sense they'll just made the American's the hero's and that all be that.

I see loads of talk about single player although I've never really considered COD for it's single player. To me it's there as something more to do than just online. Never considered a single player long enough, in playing time, to be worthwhile. I don't really think they put enough into it. Plus I lost track when one game didn't lead on to the next.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I read that but there's many who didn't.

Graphics are also reduced to potato standard.

They basically put it out there to make some extra money on the side. Money, not customer satisfaction.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger it, I felt twelve again.

Pre-ordered the pro edition while it's available because can always cancel further down the line.

Amazon codes:

VG10OFF75 - £10.00 off when you spend £75.00 or more
VG5OFF40 - £5.00 off when you spend £40.00 or more

Apply code's at final checkout menu before confirming order.

Expires 7th may, codes can be found by scrolling down on the Amazon listing here
T&C's:

wrote:
From 20:00 on Thursday 27th April 2017, when you spend £40 on qualifying items and add the voucher code to your basket you will get £5 off (the "Offer"). This offer ends at 23:59 on Sunday 7th May 2017.

From 20:00 on Thursday 27th April 2017, when you spend £75 on qualifying items and add the voucher code to your basket you will get £10 off (the "Offer"). This offer ends at 23:59 on Sunday 7th May 2017.

From 20:00 on Thursday 27th April 2017, when you spend £150 on qualifying items and add the voucher code to your basket you will get £20 off (the "Offer"). This offer ends at 23:59 on Sunday 7th May 2017.

The offer only applies to items sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk. The offer does not apply to purchases made from Amazon's Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, even if "fulfilled by Amazon" or "Prime Eligible".

Postage and packing will be applied to each item in accordance with Amazon's standard delivery rates and policies.

The offer is valid only for the products displayed on this page dispatched from and sold by Amazon. The offer is not valid on Digital Downloads, Digital Currency and Digital Content sold by Amazon Media EU S.à.r.l.

Each customer can claim up to a maximum of one offer.

Unless otherwise specified on the landing page of the relevant promotion, the offer may not be used on pre-existing orders or in conjunction with any other offer.

If the offer is subject to a Minimum Purchase requirement:

(i) if you remove Qualifying Items from your Basket, so that the combined purchase value of the remaining Qualifying Items at checkout falls below the Minimum Purchase requirement, the offer will cease to apply;

(ii) if you cancel your order for a Qualifying Item (so that the combined purchase value of the remaining Qualifying Items falls below the Minimum Purchase requirement) or a Promotional Item, the offer will cease to apply; and

(iii) if you return a Qualifying Item (so that the combined purchase value of the Qualifying Items you retain falls below the Minimum Purchase requirement) or a Promotional Item, Amazon reserves the right to charge you (using the payment method you used for the original order and without further notice) for the discount or the Promotional Item you received as part of the offer.

The offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice. The offer has no cash alternative.

Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

What it doesn't say is what happens in the event the listing price of the pro edition goes below £75, does it then become a £5.00 or, because the offer will have finished by then, get charged at full price. Also does the offer, because ordered while the promotion was valid, stand after the passing final date of the offer?

I can only assume it's a £10.00 off regardless, time will tell if (a) the offer's still on the order post 7th may (b) what occurs if the price drops below £75. At best it's a £10.00 discount of order regardless and at worst it gets charged full price in which event I'll cancel pre-order and go for the base game.

Posted because monies off. Thumbs Up

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:39 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://puu.sh/vBs2u/9119ffbe5d.pngp

The plague continues to spread.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More footage for Borg who was overly joyed at the trailer of in game cut-scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR4-qLWNYpc

Price for the Pro edition has gone up to £89.99, ew. That's extortionate given that all you're getting for that price over the base model is a steel case and a season pass plus "in game bonus content." I'd say they've bumped the price ten pound to counteract the Amazon ten pound of offer but it's gone up everywhere. I'd expect extra physical content like GTA V did with the hat, bag and key, blue map and so on.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the WWII and the D-Day are cool again? Confused

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nazi zombies

Lamp Post Enthusiast

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bEN_ wrote:
I want nazi zombies

Have you ever heard of: Sniper elite: nazi zombie army trilogy?
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42Hh20-7hM
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1