BCF: Bike Chat Forums

rite bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

joe g
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:45 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: rite bike Reply with quote

Anybody ever bought a bike from here before? Seems to be mixed reviews online. Do they allow test rides?

Hopefully going to see this next week:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292100349588?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

price seems decent and full mot with only a tyre being close to limit being the only advisory.

Only ever had sports bikes so fancy this as a bit of fun anything to look out for on drz's?

cheers

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:38 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 year old bike, £2800? With an MOT history that reads "Dude, really?"

<loooooooooooooooooool.gif>

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:49 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

15,699 miles all good.

1.5 years later.

15,846 miles

Front tyre worn close to legal limit. 147 miles or something... year and a half, nearly bald. A non-issue tyre wise however really.... you really only did that short distance.

The DRZ of that era didnt have SM wheels, betting its been offroading with no speedo to record miles. Bet its close to boom town.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:03 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yehbut, it's only £3K or so, bruv.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite fancy a DRZ but they hold their value annoyingly well. That said I agree with the above. Too expensive and MOT history is a bit suspicious.

ackack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:56 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever see an advisory like that and it hasn't been rectified then I walk away.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my current bike from them. I got the train up then rode it home. Got 100 miles into the return journey and it started jumping out of top gear. They had the bike back, fitted a reconditioned gearbox and delivered the bike to me.

Got no complaints. They could never have known the problem would appear and they fixed it without making a fuss. What you'd expect really.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:08 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: rite bike Reply with quote

joe g wrote:
Do they allow test rides?

Best of luck to them selling the bike if they don't allow test rides. Wink

As for the mixed reviews, it seems like there's a lot more bad reviews than there are good reviews. Wink

They were previously known as vivamoto and changed their name due to the bad reputation they had.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/google.php?q=vivamoto

In conclusion, even if it wasn't painfully overpriced I'd still be very wary about buying from them.

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:20 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do you a 2007 proper drz400sm with a fresh rebuilt engine, E model cams, k&n filter, dynojetted, 3x3 mod, braided hoses, full yoshi titanium exhaust, lots of other Tarty bling bits and a years mot for £2400.

Downsides are scuffs on a couple of the plastics (£80 for a full new set) and mileage is unknown due to clocks being replaced, mot history looks like its done 15000odd

If interested bung me a pm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:25 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: rite bike Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Best of luck to them selling the bike if they don't allow test rides. Wink

You'd think that, but... dealers.

Still, Pete's (recent?) experience is heartening.

Regarding a previous rage-thread by a mentalist buyer:
Rogerborg wrote:
G wrote:
The thread in question has been removed.

Hmm, that's a shame in a way; I think Viva Moto actually sounded very reasonable and came out of it pretty well.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

check you can insure it for theft first

the headlight and surround are not original, night riding with that headlight could be interesting

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know anything about the company itself but what's maybe at least noting is their ebay feedback: 194 transactions, 100% positive in the last 12 months looks all well and good. However - if you delve a little further (https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rite_bike&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer) you'll see that every single one of those transactions is in fact for an ebay purchase, not a sale.

Not saying that this means they are charlatans - plenty of motor businesses use ebay listings but do the actual selling in person, without having to pay ebay fees - but at least, don't take the good feedback rating as a reason to buy from them.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:40 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

STONEY! wrote:
I can do you a 2007 proper drz400sm with a fresh rebuilt engine, E model cams, k&n filter, dynojetted, 3x3 mod, braided hoses, full yoshi titanium exhaust, lots of other Tarty bling bits and a years mot for £2400.

Downsides are scuffs on a couple of the plastics (£80 for a full new set) and mileage is unknown due to clocks being replaced, mot history looks like its done 15000odd

If interested bung me a pm.

Shocked Mr. Green Shocked Mr. Green

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:41 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Don't know anything about the company itself but what's maybe at least noting is their ebay feedback: 194 transactions, 100% positive in the last 12 months looks all well and good. However - if you delve a little further (https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rite_bike&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer) you'll see that every single one of those transactions is in fact for an ebay purchase, not a sale.

Not saying that this means they are charlatans - plenty of motor businesses use ebay listings but do the actual selling in person, without having to pay ebay fees - but at least, don't take the good feedback rating as a reason to buy from them.

The lack of feedback most likely has something to do with the fact all their listings are classified ads and you can't leave feedback for those. Wink

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The lack of feedback most likely has something to do with the fact all their listings are classified ads and you can't leave feedback for those. Wink

Ah, didn't know that. Hmm, you may be right...

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there last bike hunt. Distraction techniques every time I knelt down to look at something. Really didn't like. Left quickly.

Blazing (https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=299332) is full of cheap bikes that have had a hard life, but you know what you're getting. Relaxed about testrides too.

Appleyard's have looked after me really well. They sorted a fork seal that developed a leak on the bike I had from there and gave me a call to say the PO had found the original spare and dropped it off. They rescued my xv535 from a breakdown when RAC were going to be 4 hours and I had started snowing, and their parts counter was super helpful in getting parts from japan for the 535. They have actually been good for the dealer aftercare.

Padgett's are the kind of traditional dealership responsible for used vehicle salesperson and scum of the earth being responsible.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1