Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Maddie - 10 years on.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

I saw an interview with the parents yesterday saying it is 10 years since she has disappeared. 10 fucking years, Jesus.

I know it's old now but watching them spouting forth about how bad it has been really brought back how much I despised them at the time for leaving their kids alone in the villa while they went on the piss.

If that had been Chantelle from the scummy Lakes estate in MK the minimum she would have been charged with would have been neglect and probably worse, but those 2 smarmy bastards walk away smelling of fucking roses. Evil or Very Mad

It still has me seething now.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing what a PR Guru and money gets you isn't it?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still didn't get them their daughter back.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
It still didn't get them their daughter back.

Got them off a neglect charge though didn't it?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in the eyes of the law, for whatever difference that really makes.

For the record, it's not something i'd have done and nor will i ever understand why they did.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Maybe in the eyes of the law, for whatever difference that really makes.

For the record, it's not something i'd have done and nor will i ever understand why they did.

The difference is they didn't end up in jail. Pretty big difference.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.change.org/p/marcelo-rebelo-de-sousa-prosecute-the-mccanns?recruiter=50161069&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a student 20 odd years back, I worked as a night porter in a very upmarket Yorkshire hotel.

It was quite common to leave the phone off the hook in the room and for people to leave the baby in the room. Using the analogue phone system I could listen in so to speak, but people did leave their kids alone.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a bit of the interview. I trust my gut with these things, I was right about Shannon Matthews, and that couple who burned down their house with their 5 kids in... they did it. The mum barely showed any emotion until people asked why she wasn't upset (then she turned it on). I'm sure all that money (a million from JK Rowling iirc) helped with the mortgage payments Evil or Very Mad
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If that had been Chantelle from the scummy Lakes estate in MK the minimum she would have been charged with would have been neglect and probably worse....

Has anyone whose child has gone missing ever been charged with neglect? Genuine question.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
If that had been Chantelle from the scummy Lakes estate in MK the minimum she would have been charged with would have been neglect and probably worse....

Has anyone whose child has gone missing ever been charged with neglect? Genuine question.

I have no idea about kids going missing, but I do know that someone was charged for leaving a kid at home while going somewhere. I can't remember the details, will have to look it up.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how valid this article is, it asks mumsnet questions Rolling Eyes

https://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/life/current-affairs/every-day-parent-arrested-leaving-their-child-home-alone/
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:57 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poundshop Dave wrote:
To be fair it's a world gone mad, when I was a nipper my mum used to leave me on my own from the age of 7. Never did me any harm. Most people used to leave their front doors open and the world was a better place.

There was also a lot more white dog poo.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or more likely you just don't see as much dog shit now, because it has to be bagged and disposed of in bins.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I know it's old now but watching them spouting forth about how bad it has been really brought back how much I despised them at the time for leaving their kids alone in the villa while they went on the piss.

Didn't they routinely use drugs to keep their kids quiet when going out?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:10 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Didn't they routinely use drugs to keep their kids quiet when going out?

I find when I'm smacked out I can't hear the wife, so I guess the could work for them both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:30 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

At home with the option of going to the pub round the corner, in a situation where I know that only family have keys to the house and that the house is very secure, I wouldn't consider it.
On a holiday site, with many strangers floating around and who knows how many keys in circulation....

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:44 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apartment wasn't even locked.

I'm sure that everyone involved in the case knows fine well that Dr and Dr McCann drugged the child to keep her quiet while they went off a drunken jolly, discovered that they'd killed her, and then callously, rapidly and efficiently hid her body that night and disposed of it later.

That's the opinion of the lead Portugese detective assigned to it, and nothing I've seen or heard about it gives me any cause to doubt it.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, they did use money donated to find their daughter to pay off their mortgage etc...
Not only the fact they should be prosecuted for child neglect but they should be billed for the millions of taxpayers money that has been misapropriated on this case.

Yes it's a shame someone sole their child but at what point do you say enough is enough?

Will the police farce Ever call it a day on this one? It's so far beyond being in the public interest at this point it's embarrassing Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:30 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the only "conspiracy theories" that I buy into. I think it's fairly obvious what they did (see the Borg's explanation above) and I find it hard to believe that Scotland Yard won't investigate it.

I'm sure they must've looked into it. Why they couldn't prosecute or at least question them as suspects is beyond me.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Maddie - 10 years on. Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Yep, this guy was, and his child wasn't even missing, he'd just left her in the car for 10 mins:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846183/Father-left-sick-toddler-daughter-car-outside-chemist-ran-buy-Calpol-charged-NEGLECT-spend-year-trying-clear-name.html

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she'll turn up on Thursday after 4pm.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2