Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The apartment wasn't even locked.

Shocked

Wtf? I wouldn't leave my passport in an unlocked apartment, or indeed any of my luggage.
I remember being really surprised at how far away they were from the apartment, but missed that interesting detail.
It just doesn't seem plausible.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I think she'll turn up on Thursday after 4pm.

don't joke about stuff like this, it makes for a lot of work relocating.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always reminds me of the South Park episode where they blame 'Some Puerto-Rican Guy'.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/12/6c/c5/126cc5baff30d2595848df516e3d0e53.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:18 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Maybe the apartment was locked, but it wouldn't fit their alibi of Madeline wandering out on her own/being abducted with no signs of forced entry?

The sliding patio doors were unlocked. Maddie was "abducted" through the window. The resort minions regularly unlocked and opened windows during the day, so the Doctors McCann had an excuse for why it wasn't locked.

As per my link above, they clammed up pretty sharpish when El Portu-Rozzers started asking them detailed questions.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 14:32 - 02 May 2017; edited 1 time in total

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

As per my link above, they clammed up pretty sharpish when El Portu-Rozzers started asking them detailed questions.

TBF, as you always advocate, there's not a lot to be gained from actually conversing with the police.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aky208
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:
This is one of the only "conspiracy theories" that I buy into. I think it's fairly obvious what they did (see the Borg's explanation above) and I find it hard to believe that Scotland Yard won't investigate it.

I'm sure they must've looked into it. Why they couldn't prosecute or at least question them as suspects is beyond me.

Because secret society for mutual benefits, reasons.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Maybe the apartment was locked, but it wouldn't fit their alibi of Madeline wandering out on her own/being abducted with no signs of forced entry?

Agree, hence I said it didn't seem plausible.

I'm a bit confused as to why resort minions would be unlocking and opening patio doors on occupied rooms, but then I'm confused by the logic of leaving your young children alone in a holiday let while you bugger off out on the lash.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:30 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to why resort minions would be unlocking and opening patio doors on occupied rooms

Windows. I'll clarify.

There are approximately 70 billion threads on this, each of which tells a different story.

Possibly the most plausible alternative explanation to the Doctors Death theory is that Madeleine wandered out through the open door to look for them and was snatched by gyppos.

According to Mrs Dr McCann she'd woken and been looking for them the night before and was upset about it at breakfast, which is probably why they drugged and killed her went back to check on her that night sent a random acquaintance to check.

Poor little mite, etc.

arry wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

TBF, as you always advocate, there's not a lot to be gained from actually conversing with the police.

Especially not if you've killed your daughter, concocted an abduction story, hidden her body and then disposed of it several weeks later in a hire car, leaving traces of her hair and blood behind.

Not talking to El Rozzers is what a smart, innocent, uninvolved person would do, or a smart, guilty murderer.

However, a grieving, innocent mother might instead co-operate fully as the only route to getting El Rozzers back onside and looking for the real abductor.

I certainly don't underestimate the smarts - and self preservation instincts - of the Doctors McCann.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair it sounded like the Portuguese police didn't really know what to make of the DNA evidence, I think they actually needed help from UK police.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm sure that everyone involved in the case knows fine well that Dr and Dr McCann drugged the child to keep her quiet while they went off a drunken jolly, discovered that they'd killed her, and then callously, rapidly and efficiently hid her body that night and disposed of it later.

That's the opinion of the lead Portugese detective assigned to it, and nothing I've seen or heard about it gives me any cause to doubt it.

This. The kid had an accident of type shedding blood in the room, they can't save her, panic as if they involve authorities they will lose their medical careers and more for drugging kids, so dispose of the body and make up an abduction story. As disgusting as this is, what disgusts me more is that if you have contacts to the PM you get the police called off, and the media to play as your personal circus.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also depends how 'cute' the kid is. No one would care about a young Joseph Merrick.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pmtb1/panorama-madeleine-mccann-10-years-on

tl;dw nothing new, everyone seems to have their own agendas.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
As a student 20 odd years back, I worked as a night porter in a very upmarket Yorkshire hotel.

It was quite common to leave the phone off the hook in the room and for people to leave the baby in the room. Using the analogue phone system I could listen in so to speak, but people did leave their kids alone.

I hope this hotel wasn't anywhere near Savile Towers. Did the parents leave a window open as well?

Too soon? Shhh!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 28 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More public cash thrown at it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41431516

That should help find her, shouldn't it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 28 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be called Operation Matricide. They might be looking in the right place then.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 28 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£11m spent so far?
With the going rate apparently being £270K, you could have replaced her over 40 times for that amount of money.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 28 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortgage payments (two apparently).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:23 - 28 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the funds finally dry up, will we get a "We didn't kill Maddie, but if we had, here's how we'd have done it" book?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw something in to the mix to dwell on for the conspiracy theorists https://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/hollie-greig.html

Buchanon had a villa in Praia Da Luz as well until he divirced form his wife and she got it.

https://spidercatweb.wordpress.com/category/vipaedo/page/10/?iframe=true&preview=true%2Ffeed%2F

search the pages for the phrase praia da luz

Enjoy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2