Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stag Party

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:00 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Stag Party Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have been given the honour of being a best man for a very good friend. Part of said duty is to organise a suitable sending off from bachelor life. Now this fine chap was my best man and did a great job of organising a trip to Cornwall with a few activities including Coasteering, paint balling and zip lining. I am looking for ideas of what people have done and what you enjoyed.

We are not really the type of people who just want to get completely wankered and end up asleep in a titty bar. I mean that may happen but that should not be the main focus of the event. I was thinking about the Stuttgart Beer festival but the groom thinks people might prefer UK based, some of those going have kids.

What was the best stag/boys trip you have been on?

What was the worst?

Any advice from anyone who has done the job before (Best man)?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Stag Party Reply with quote

I've got some ideas Thumbs Up

natefz6 wrote:

We are not really the type of people who just want to get completely wankered and end up asleep in a titty bar.

Oh, no I haven't Thumbs Down

Umm...
https://www.teaandcrafting.co.uk/product/beginners-knitting-class/
Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:31 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one I helped organise, we hammock camped in Keilder Forest (with plenty of beer) and sandcast a bronze axe-head on a hand-bellows charcoal forge.

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/bronzeaxe/ZOE_0127_zps066e6560.jpg

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/bronzeaxe/ZOE_0129_zps7e27889d.jpg

Oh, and we hired a midget. Once you've thought of hiring a midget, you can't not.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best man at my first wedding fucked off with my now ex wife.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:43 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Oh, and we hired a midget. Once you've thought of hiring a midget, you can't not.

I've seen the pictures, you were fobbed off with a dwarf.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 15:20 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Budapest with a few mates, the saving on beer, food and activities paid for the holiday happily.

I did a second stag party more locally in Brighton for those who didn't want to go to Budapest/were not in the 'inner circle'. Watching both father in laws (she has divorced parents) get excited about going to a titty bar was enough for me to leave (with members of the inner circle) them in said titty bar 15 mins after arriving there. We got upto our own mischief then.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

What was your wife doing at your stag do?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go pubs with mates then go home.

If you're low on mates ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-39771689
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best one I've ever been on was 2 weeks in Thailand in the late 80s (seriously!). Cool
Nowhere near as debauched as it could have been but it was real fun.
3 of us managed to refrain from getting the drunk groom a ladyboy, but it was a regular discussion...
Having said that, holding the wedding in Singapore made it possible... Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Stag Party Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
We are not really the type of people who just want to get completely wankered and end up asleep in a titty bar.

I'm out.

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:12 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singapore might be a stretch Smile Keilder Forrest looks more like the type of thing.

He went to uni round south wales so I might see if there is some gorge walking/whitewater rafting type of activities around, we could do that and then head to Cardiff for a night out.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stag do was organised by my 2 brothers and my now brother-in-law tagged along, I put my brothers in charge thinking they'll come up with something 'fun'.

How wrong was I!? They hired a boat for us all to go fishing/sleeping on a lake for 2/3 days - except fishing is their forte, I find it incredibly boring and quite frankly only went for the 'bonding'. My brother-in-law felt the same way so he ended up watching rugby on the little telly on the boat all weekend - I don't like rugby either! Rolling Eyes

Such a very, very boring weekend that was... that was the weekend I realised never to leave planning 'good stuff' to my brothers ever again.

Don't do fishing... Thumbs Up
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:10 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for my brothers one we went went rage buggy driving then played 54 holes of crazy golf in the afternoon (3 seperate courses, he LOVES his crazy golf). Then we played pub golf round Edinburgh while appropriately dressed.

For mine we went hovercrafting then went and got pished round a campfire.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Oh, for my brothers one we went went rage buggy driving then played 54 holes of crazy golf in the afternoon (3 seperate courses, he LOVES his crazy golf). Then we played pub golf round Edinburgh while appropriately dressed.

For mine we went hovercrafting then went and got pished round a campfire.

Can we swap brothers please!? Laughing
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

Rad82
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:57 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just come back from friends stag in Las Vegas. Stayed in MGM Grand, wot a pkace to be, 4 nights in vegas, hazard, booze, women....

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:59 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
Skudd wrote:

What was your wife doing at your stag do?

It was before she transitioned.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
Singapore might be a stretch

You'll never know unless you ask.

Grow some, and go ask the Brides Father (If he's paying for the wedding [some still do it the old fashioned way]). Tell him that the stag week in Bangkok is only possible if he gets the wedding moved to Asia. Point out to him that he's invited to the stag (out there) and 'what happens on the stag stays on the stag', so the brides mother will never know anything about him and the 'bar girls', plus he should think of his leverage when you set the groom up with a ladyboy. Obviously instead you'd get the FoB bladderd and ladyboy'd so the groom has the leverage but don't tell him that... Laughing
Oh, also tell him he's paying for the stag out there as well...

Simples Cool

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best one was super organised, mostly paid up front (included kitty for beers, but not food). There were some activities, quad biking, paintballing, an assault course, and minibuses were all booked in advance for the whole weekend with drivers to take us everywhere including to the pub / strip club in the evening and back home again.
Minibus drivers were big burly lads but a good laugh once they clocked that we weren't a bunch of cnts and were being respectful of the van etc and not dicking them about.
It was a really relaxed fun weekend, with nothing to organise on the hoof and everything paid for weeks earlier everyone could just relax and have a laugh.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:03 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah.

Get the money/deposit off everyone before you book. No money, no place unless it's someone you really want there and have decided will be otherwise paid for. Be clear a deposit is a deposit, you don't get it back but you can find someone else to go in your place.

Otherwise you can land up shelling out a lot of money off your own back and people fuck you about.

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went one one last weekend to Newcastle . Although I thought Newcastle was a bit scratty we did Gokartung on Friday which is always a right laugh ! On Saturday we did half a day of paint balling and half a day clay pigeon shooting .

Never been clay pigeon shooting before but I'd recommend it even though I was absaloute dog shite at it ! But I didn't mind as I got a trophy for winning at karting 😂
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1