Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NW200 2017 this week

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:19 - 08 May 2017    Post subject: NW200 2017 this week Reply with quote

Practice is live online day time tomorrow & Thursday, then the races are Thursday evening and Saturday.

I have mixed feelings about the NW200 as a 'proper' road race but there's no doubting it's one of the most dangerous. I suspect it'll mostly be Hutchy v Seeley on the big bikes, it's a shame Anstey isn't on the RCV this year. Hickman shouldn't be far behind.

Irwin on the Ducati will be very interesting, I think MD will (by his standards) struggle on the Suzuki, and for Guy & McGuinness it'll be more about testing the new 'Blade. I don't believe the Nortons are racing which is disappointing.

Also as a warm up, Cookstown 100 highlights are on BBC 1 Northern Ireland / iPlayer at 22:40 tonight.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:42 - 08 May 2017    Post subject: Re: NW200 2017 this week Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
Also as a warm up, Cookstown 100 highlights are on BBC 1 Northern Ireland / iPlayer at 22:40 tonight.

Cheers for that. Thumbs Up

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:13 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micky d flying on the new gsxr, bit of a shambles on tuesday with the superstock red flag but its the northwest and i'd expect nothing less. Roll on the tt and ulster

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/northern-ireland/39886243

Quote:
English road racer John McGuinness has been taken to hospital after suffering a suspected broken leg in a crash at the North West 200 in Northern Ireland.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kept Joey's tally safe for another year.

In other news.
Ivan Lintin on his 3rd engine.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_jmiXdWAAAyNsF.jpg

Hope the rain stays away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of JB weld, he'll be alright! Wink

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:55 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Micky d flying on the new gsxr, bit of a shambles on tuesday with the superstock red flag but its the northwest and i'd expect nothing less. Roll on the tt and ulster

I think they've told Anstey he can't use the RCV here as he's said he'll be back on it at the TT. The Mathers Cross Chicane is still a joke, it's not safer.

I think John's crash was due to a bike malfunction, hence they withdrew Guy tonight (according to Twitter).

Nice to see Jessopp get a win but I'm fed up with this lack of helicopter. It makes the viewing pretty boring.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of copter would be bearable if they had some better commentators who gave timing splits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:07 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken vertebrae for John Sad

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/broken-vertebrae-put-mcguinness-out-of-tt-2017

Honda have pulled out of the rest of the meeting.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compound lower leg fracture, 4 vertebrae and busted ribs. Sounds like McPint had a lucky escape! Clearly not rider error.

Anyone fancy hopping on John's seat for the TT? Comes with the warning that the throttle may jam open at any given time!!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard any talk about the exact cause of his accident.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have. Apparently not rider error.

Hence why they've pulled the team from the rest of the meet.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was the throttle?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
I'm fed up with this lack of helicopter. It makes the viewing pretty boring.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Got excited when I saw BBC coverage of the racing, alebit hiding away from being advertised about anywhere, and then watching it got bored with seeing the same old three faces and then the riders going round the same part of the track.

I could understand at the TT because of the size of it but the NW 200 doesn't look that big of a circuit. I assume BBC refuse to put sufficient funds for cameras around the course because "motorbikes r bad init."

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a technical fault and to cover 9 miles of racetrack would take xx's more cameras.
If it were more popular then eurosport or sky would cover it. It's niche.

To get roadracing live in any form on the telly is pretty good in my opinion.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
So it was the throttle?

That's what I heard. Although I should say, that's from the paddock but not first hand from the Honda team themselves. The team pulling out does lend a fair slice of credibility to the source though!

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:32 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
RedPanda wrote:
I'm fed up with this lack of helicopter. It makes the viewing pretty boring.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Got excited when I saw BBC coverage of the racing, alebit hiding away from being advertised about anywhere, and then watching it got bored with seeing the same old three faces and then the riders going round the same part of the track.

I could understand at the TT because of the size of it but the NW 200 doesn't look that big of a circuit. I assume BBC refuse to put sufficient funds for cameras around the course because "motorbikes r bad init."

There will be more cameras tomorrow but they could have put a couple of token ones at University, Metropole or similar. And as mentioned, put up the timing splits each lap.

Had a few drinks tonight but I think that'll be the end of McGuinness's top tier career. I hope I'm wrong but broken vertebrae are tough at any age, let alone mid 40s. It could be worse though, the NW200 always seems to claim a big name. Worst case with McGuinness he'll be back at Scarborough doing demo laps.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:33 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
So it was the throttle?

That's what I heard. Although I should say, that's from the paddock but not first hand from the Honda team themselves. The team pulling out does lend a fair slice of credibility to the source though!

Hmm, not sure about this one. I can see why they pulled Guy out. He's off the pace and looking a little flustered. The right thing to do IMO.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.hondaproracing.com/road-racing/update-from-honda-racing-at-the-north-west-200/

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:29 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usual joke of a north west with delays Rolling Eyes

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the first Superbike race away. Supertwins next.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:23 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Usual joke of a north west with delays Rolling Eyes

Hutchy has just torn the organisers to pieces. I know it's easy to be a critic when sat at home but the last thing anyone wants is a major accident.

I'm semi-planning to go next year (got a stupid wedding clashing with the Ulster) but there are always long delays and viewing looks poor compared to other road races,

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rutter and Hutchy both 100% correct. Merv got it wrong.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:30 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a race! So happy for Glenn Irwin, he's a proper character and nice guy. I'm really surprised the Ducati was as quick as the BMWs in a straight line.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
What a race! So happy for Glenn Irwin, he's a proper character and nice guy. I'm really surprised the Ducati was as quick as the BMWs in a straight line.

Good win for Glenn. That is a very trick Ducati for sure. It has a lot of input from Ducati Corse themselves.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2