Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Graffiti in Dover

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ks2i96zoxc3ms/conswaaaa.png?raw=1
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New Graffiti in Dover Reply with quote

Yep, something very fishy about this.

Large, socially manipulative slogans in the public eye should never be allowed. Ever.

https://i63.tinypic.com/2lw90tx.png

https://i68.tinypic.com/2vlk1m0.png

Certainly an irony in this. You constantly champion free markets, liberty etc, yet cannot stand it if peoples' chosen liberties are not to your taste.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ks2i96zoxc3ms/conswaaaa.png?raw=1

Gullible people everywhere....

You really believe nobody knew about this until the morning?

You think it's chance that the Godden family now have 2 "Banksy's" on buildings which were due to be demolished?

One born every minute... Laughing

It makes no difference at all if the police knew about it or not, it's private property and you have no idea if permission has been given or not. It's not a conspiracy. Aside from that, you seem firmly opposed to anyone who holds a different opinion to yours expressing it.

But I do find your paranoia hilarious, so there is an upside.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/banksy-artwork-to-go-for-125407/

Off for charity, building still being demolished. Should be reet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New Graffiti in Dover Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
Yep, something very fishy about this.

Large, socially manipulative slogans in the public eye should never be allowed. Ever.

Certainly an irony in this. You constantly champion free markets, liberty etc, yet cannot stand it if peoples' chosen liberties are not to your taste.

How is that even remotely relevant? Let me explain the difference to you in terms even an adult student can understand.

This is not an official advertising slogan or sign writing, it's 40ft high graffiti on one of the busiest 24 hour a day roads in the country, which we're led to believe nobody knew about until it was revealed after popping up overnight.

It was apparently performed secretly and without permission and just by chance, on the second building within 10 miles to be owned by the Godden family, to have a "Banksy" painted on it. It was also due to be demolished before this "worth around a million quid" piece of political graffiti appeared on it.

The paint on the side of a building link is something a child might make, but not a grown adult, student or not. Rolling Eyes

Ok let me explain this in words a frothing at the mouth, blinkered, anti-everything idiot can understand.

It's a socially manipulative slogan on a wall, probably put up with permission from the owner, given its size. If the owner doesn't want it there, it'll be removed. Not hard.

There are thousands like this all over the country already, most of which are either paid adverts or are graffiti not relating one of your pet hate topics.

Why do you care about this one? Because you suffer chronically from seething rage every time you see something you disagree with.

Why don't we all make a thread every time we see an advert or bit of graffiti we don't want to look at?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:59 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fake News aspect of it is interesting. It's been widely reported without question that it's a piece of outsider guerilla art, rather than commercial agitprop.

Regardless of whether you're in favour of Brexit, or an anti-democratic crybaby manchild sponger, constantly questioning the veracity of everything that you're fed by the legacy media is a wise path.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:59 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slightly more redneck Cumbrian version to bring balance to the grafitti.
https://goo.gl/maps/6HSgjc44Vet

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wei3874ep0q64ck/yoda-the-butthurt-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg?raw=1

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:44 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New Graffiti in Dover Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's 40ft high and about the same wide, yet nobody noticed the scaffolding go up or that being painted in one night? Yeah right...

Nobody's going to pay attention to scaffolding being put up and once they've attached some screening to the scaffolding, he can then use his stencils in daylight.

I hope the planning permission department at the local council will be taking action against the unsightly wall which is clearly not in keeping with the amenity of the local area. Thumbs Up

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:50 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Must have been one of Banksy's early works too, before he got hold of a scaffolding team and labourers/equipment to paint a 40ft work of art overnight, undetected on the one of the busiest 24/7 roads in the South East.

All Brexit voters might not be Racist however all, Racists voted for Brexit.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New Graffiti in Dover Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
It's a socially manipulative slogan on a wall, probably put up with permission from the owner, given its size.

Cough cough, so you agree with me then? It wasn't just a secret overnight work of art?

Lord Percy wrote:
If the owner doesn't want it there, it'll be removed. Not hard.

What planet do you live on? The building owner has a property due for demolition which has just inherited some £1,000,000 graffiti doofus. Yeah, I'll bet he's there now with a pot of Dulux. Rolling Eyes

Lord Percy wrote:
There are thousands like this all over the country already, most of which are either paid adverts or are graffiti not relating one of your pet hate topics.

Thousands of 40ft high Banksy's? Again, what planet is this on?

Lord Percy wrote:
Why do you care about this one? Because you suffer chronically from seething rage every time you see something you disagree with.

No, it's just around the corner from my office and the news coverage is clearly hiding the fact, that there is more to this propaganda stunt than meets the eye.

Lord Percy wrote:
Why don't we all make a thread every time we see an advert or bit of graffiti we don't want to look at?

It's not an advert or a bit of graffiti is it? It's apparently a million pound rated work of art, the size of a 3 story building, which apparently popped up unnoticed overnight on the main road to the ferry terminal. It just conveniently slags off Brexit.

Don't they teach you anything at grown up school?

Ok I'll bite.

1. Nice that you think it's a work of art.

2. So the property may or may not be worth a load more because it has a 'work of art' on it. Properties up and down the country use their bare walls for billboards to increase value all the time, and whether an image remains on display depends on whether the owner is happy with it there or not. There is no difference. Oh but this one is a pro EU image so you've been triggered.

3. Thousands of 40ft high banksy's? Are you seriously not smart enough to understand the point being made. It's a wall with a socially manipulative slogan on it. Just like every other advertising billboard in the country that you seem perfectly fine with. Oh but this one is a pro EU image so you've been triggered.

4. News is only covering it because it stands out. In the end it's an image on a wall, just like all the thousands of other images on walls all over the country that you don't give a shit about, because they're not pro EU images so they don't trigger you.

5. It doesn't matter how you define it. It's a massive socially manipulative slogan on a wall in the public eye. Like all the others you see every day but don't care about, because they aren't pro EU images that trigger you.

6. This isn't taught in school, it's common sense where you're seeing red because of a pro EU image that triggered you.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting to one side the whether it was done to stop a demolition, can someone please explain why a brexiteer would object to the image.

From what I can see it's an image of a bloke chipping one of the stars off the EU emblem, which to my mind signifies part of the EU being removed or a member of the EU has left and their star is being removed, or the Eu has started to be taken apart.
All of which imply it's pro brexit propaganda, or have I missed something fundamental?!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:23 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought provoking, innit? Must be art then.

Meta update: "mural" vandalised with "graffiti". Clapping

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Putting to one side the whether it was done to stop a demolition, can someone please explain why a brexiteer would object to the image.

From what I can see it's an image of a bloke chipping one of the stars off the EU emblem, which to my mind signifies part of the EU being removed or a member of the EU has left and their star is being removed, or the Eu has started to be taken apart.
All of which imply it's pro brexit propaganda, or have I missed something fundamental?!

But but...The arty type said it wasn't

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks simple to me. The owner has probably had a Compulsory Purchase Notice served on him. The Notice states that the building will be demolished and that the market value of the building will be paid to the owner. The owner has commissioned somebody to paint this thing on it and claims it is by a famous 'artist' thus raising the value of the property by whatever a Banksy is going for these days in a cynical attempt to rob the taxpayer.

Irrespective of the symbolism, I would have though the decent thing would be for a member of the public to deface said 'work of art', to bring its claimed value back down to the grotty pile of bricks it was. The owner gets what the building is actually worth minus the cost of his failed attempt at fraud...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:00 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Irrespective of the symbolism, I would have though the decent thing would be for a member of the public to deface said 'work of art', to bring its claimed value back down to the grotty pile of bricks it was. The owner gets what the building is actually worth minus the cost of his failed attempt at fraud...

https://www.kentlive.news/wanksy-s-dover-mural-has-been-vandalised-with-anarchist-graffiti/story-30320076-detail/story.html

Although I think this would be a more effective way of doing it: https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=vid&q=fire+extinguisher+filled+with+paint
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3