Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Graffiti in Dover

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:19 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covered above. Ste not for mod.

Needs more Swastika daubed on it.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Thought provoking, innit? Must be art then.

Meta update: "mural" vandalised with "graffiti". Clapping

I may possibly, have a very good idea who added the extra artwork. Wink

I'm sure you'll be straight on the blower to grass up the graffiti dauber?

Oh, wait a minute...

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Irrespective of the symbolism, I would have though the decent thing would be for a member of the public to deface said 'work of art', to bring its claimed value back down to the grotty pile of bricks it was. The owner gets what the building is actually worth minus the cost of his failed attempt at fraud...

Of course this makes sense if you subscribe to mpd's theories. However, since said wall has been offered for sale (the building is still going to be demolished) and and proceeds given to charity, your view would just make you an asshole, if you were already aware of said sale. Deface it so that a charity gets less? Really?

inb4 mpd declares it must be a charity that supports the communists.

Quote:
"The building is within the Dover Waterfront (development) area and is due to be demolished in the coming months to allow for wholesale regeneration proposals to be brought forward for the Bench Street area.

"We can confirm that we are exploring options for the retention, removal or sale of the piece, in conjunction with the Bankrobber Gallery in London.

"Furthermore we will look to benefit local charities with proceeds from any sale of the piece."

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
makes sense if you subscribe to mpd's theories.

Quote:
"The building... is due to be demolished in the coming months to allow for wholesale regeneration proposals to be brought forward for the Bench Street area."

"Local benefactors!"
Quote:
"Furthermore we will look to benefit local charities with proceeds from any sale of the piece."

Doesn't say all the proceeds.
In this case mpd72's cynicism could be right.
On the matter of Brexit I think the stencil could be interpreted as both for and against, even when you know the chiselled-out star has produced cracks extending across the image.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:16 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU was already starting to crumble before brexit happened, the mural needs Merkel trying to desperately hide the cracks. Razz

I'm sure Banksy could have tried a bit harder with the timing. For instance had it been unveiled on the 24th of June last year when the Brexit referendum results were being announced then that would have been clever, especially if he had another 40ft mural to unveil in case Project Fear had won. Wink

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
One born every minute. So an unnamed "charity" will benefit by an unknown amount. Straight out of the Labour school for figures.

It's getting so it's not even fun any more, you're so predictable that you're getting boring.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat you are the first person on here to call me an 'arsehole', despite many years of posting opinionated drivel on my part. I congratulate you on your perceptiveness. Satisfy my curiosity if you will and tell me how often you call people that in the real world?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
ScaredyCat you are the first person on here to call me an 'arsehole', despite many years of posting opinionated drivel on my part. I congratulate you on your perceptiveness. Satisfy my curiosity if you will and tell me how often you call people that in the real world?

Re-read the sentence. There's a condition in there. If you match that condition, then I stand by my statement. If you don't, why are you 'offended'?

To answer to your curiosity, "very rarely" would be my response.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:24 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Oh, do calm down. If you don't have three BCFers offering you out before lunch, you're barely even trying.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:49 - 10 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

an arsehole wrote:

Saying things like that is how people get custom titles. Razz

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:16 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the bit about charity donations as my attention was drawn to the word 'arsehole'. Having re-read it I guess I am still an arsehole, as I think it is a shameless attempt to rob the public purse regardless of any 'charity donation'. If he was keen to donate to charity he should have had the painting done on a piece of wall that isn't to be demolished, then there wouldn't be all this fuss.

Its easy to sling insults on't web rather than face to face...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

...arsehole.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Its easy to sling insults on't web rather than face to face...

I do hope the world doesn't rely on your analytical skills in any way. We can only hope that you're not analysing data that'll help cure cancer or any other nasty disease. You've asked for and been give 50% of the data, from which you've extrapolated, added your own bias and managed to be 100% wrong. Good job Thumbs Up

I'll answer the next question in advance to give you the rest of the data, "fewer than in the real world"

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's better to question the bullshit in the media than fall for it like you do.

Your assumption is incorrect, again. However, if it did ever boil down to a choice between what was in the media and the stuff you make up in your head, I think the media is the better, more reliable option.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:44 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
However, if it did ever boil down to a choice between what was in the media and the stuff you make up in your head, I think the media is the better, more reliable option.

From an information / intelligence management perspective, it turns out that's not actually the case.

A known biased source is more useful than one that pretends to be disinterested, because you can adjust for the bias.

The Grauniad, for example, pretends to be a news source, so when it talks with a straight face about 'refugees' some readers might actually be fooled into thinking that's what we'd be swarmed with.

When mdp or I say 'refugees' you know darn well that there's an implicit Rolling Eyes and we're talking about Migrants! Migrants! Migrants!

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
A known biased source is more useful than one that pretends to be disinterested, because you can adjust for the bias.

The Grauniad, for example

Which everyone knows has a bias, as does all media.

If you only ever read one source, or one side of a discussion then you'll be just as blind as the media you read/listen to. You need to listen to all of it, even if you think it's balderdash.

Rogerborg wrote:
When mdp or I say 'refugees' you know darn well that there's an implicit...

No. No I don't.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:52 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

The Grauniad, for example

Which everyone knows has a bias

No. No they don't.

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
When mdp or I say 'refugees' you know darn well that there's an implicit...

No. No I don't.

Yes. Yes you do.

Argument by assertion is just the best. Dance!

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Argument by assertion is just the best. Dance!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes ... no

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Cat, your incisive put-down of my limited application of analysis in this instance is impressive and I bow to your superior wordsmithery.

I'm still right though...

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Mr Cat, your incisive put-down of my limited application of analysis in this instance is impressive and I bow to your superior wordsmithery.

I'm still right though...

Stop muck'in about

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1skvmjkctsh6u6/kw.jpg?raw=1
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3