Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper Elite 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:26 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phasmophobia, which probably wasn't the best choice for someone with a heart condition, a fear of ghosts and a fear of the dark.

Also bought Dayz and been trying to get in to that too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:07 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payday 2. It came up on the Steam Autumn sale so I bought it.

It's quite good! The tutorials are actually harder than the main missions because it makes you wait for each part and don't really tutor you in any sensible way. They make you make lots of mistakes and trial and error... but the actual game is great fun. The Stealth mechanic is not fantastic, but the noisy option is still there, and blasting away at SWAT teams whilst doing a jewellery heist is awesome.

I wouldn't want to have paid more than £4 for it or whatever it was I paid, but it's a fun diversion, and a good alternative to SWAT IV which is what I was looking for.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the free Elite Dangerous from Epic last week.

So far it's just been delivering some files from one system to another for 30,000Cr.

Dullsville, Missouri.

Any ideas to liven it up a bit I would be greatful.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I got the free Elite Dangerous from Epic last week.

So far it's just been delivering some files from one system to another for 30,000Cr.

Dullsville, Missouri.

Any ideas to liven it up a bit I would be greatful.

Find using the filter in the system map to find places of interest. Go there find a battle where local law are fighting pirates. Follow a fight let the cops wear the pirate ship down then get in the kill shot then pick up the bounty. There are loads of tutorials on YouTube.
Exploring is good but you need to build up your ships range. If you run out of fuel then call on these guys https://fuelrats.com/I-need-fuel just go to the website and hit the big I need fuel button.

There is an element of grinding up your cash but it teaches you how the galaxy works and your ships.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A useful tool for elite dangerous https://www.edsm.net/en_GB/map/planner/index/endSystem/Kepler-186/startSystem/Ehecatl

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:27 - 02 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dead Online which was £4.49 on xbox store today, and most of my GTA Crew are on there

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 02 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

After finally getting some effort to play games in my work downtime (instead of just watching youtube videos), i finally completed the Dishonoured DLC.. and then completed Mass effect 2- I put 32hours in that.

I have now started ME3, but I don't know if I want to get that soon in the action. I might switch it up first. I have only played ME3 once when it came out (not helped by mandated Origin), my favourite is defiantely ME1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:33 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a new custom PC a few months ago.

So didn't feel like watching a film, playing with my microprocessor project, or anything else, so downloaded the Cryengine Level Editor Sandbox.

I've been alternating between the engine and the game (Chrysis 2)

So nice to have a PC that can actually run it.

Sandbox Editor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7pZ_i1Ijs

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the Star Wars racer on PS4, again. Platinum trophy (100%)!

I loved this game back in the day when it got released. Played it through several times on PC. The PS4 remake (EDIT: remaster) is even better than the PC original, mainly due to improved controls and flawless frame rate. Also, keyboard vs modern gamepad.

10/10 blast from the past racing game.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:48 - 12 Dec 2020; edited 1 time in total

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 12 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I finished the Star Wars racer on PS4, again. Platinum trophy (100%)!

I first bought this on the N64. It was good then, unaware that this was actually out. I picked up Tempest on the PS4 for a couple of quid recently, another retro blast, these older games are just as good as some of the newer titles.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 12 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely give the SW Racer another go. It runs great and plays even better on the PS4. Costs next to nothing, although just like 20 years ago it is a short game.

EDIT: By the way, the Star Wars Racer revenge (PS2 classic on PS4) is crap. Thumbs Down

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 13 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Definitely give the SW Racer another go. It runs great and plays even better on the PS4. Costs next to nothing, although just like 20 years ago it is a short game.

EDIT: By the way, the Star Wars Racer revenge (PS2 classic on PS4) is crap. Thumbs Down

So how much is it? £45 or cheaper on store? only one I can find is the £7.99 one on playstore.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 13 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, £8 is about what I got the SW Racer for, from the PS store.

EDIT: Wait a minute, when I google £7.99 price tag, all I can find is the Racer Revenge, do not buy that. Get the first game!

Get this https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1875-CUSA18211_00-STARWARSPODRACER

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control.

Again.

But this time on the PC, since it was in the steam sale and I wanted to see how much better it would play on the PC.

Safe to say I'm the opposite of disappointed, in fact, it's a MUCH better experience and I I'll put that down to, in my experience, I find mouse and keyboard better for FPS games over a controller.

ಠ_ಠ

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody talking about Cyberpunk?
Heard its a bit of a mess on console but its not all that buggy on pc.
Game is a blast, the city looks amazing, characters and writing is solid Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:58 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield 3, Metro station. Much killing.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:41 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Game is a blast, the city looks amazing, characters and writing is solid Thumbs Up

It's taking me a while to get into it. Not helped by getting an 8 week old puppy at the weekend, so only able to give the game one eye a lot of the time!
Although min specs say a 70GB SSD to put it on, turns out 120GB (an older drive I pinched out of something else that got upgraded) isn't enough to do the updates... so I've got a 1TB SSD coming today - if you're going to do it, do it right;)

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:15 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are talking about Cyberpunk, but it just sounds very like the last two Deus Ex games, which didn't sell that well. Somehow this one does? Oh wait but it's got Keanu in the advertising, and the release was delayed by 6 months?

Unless it's better than both of those aforementioned games I definitely won't be bothering.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's from the people that did the Witcher games I'm expecting good things. Refuse to spend that much on a game though so I'll wait till it's on sale for £10 in 2 years time Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:26 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:

It is a buggy mess. It has a great storyline, its sort of gripping, but the fact they do not have level lock out on story zones / story missions is a bastard. Walked through the game in under 14 hours. Obviously not the intention, but would have expected some ramp up in difficulty or at least requiring skills to a specific level to get past places.

If they had locked that down, I wouldn't be so mad. I'm re-running it now on the hardest as hard was a walk in the park Neutral and going to follow every single mission when it pops up, as the default mission to follow is the fucking main story, after every mission it defaults back to that... which is why people are completing it. There are like 14 endings.

Bug wise though, its full of them. Its performance is somewhat shit. Its very much not the polished thing people were expecting.

I'm enjoying it, but its not worth the hype.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
People are talking about Cyberpunk, but it just sounds very like the last two Deus Ex games, which didn't sell that well. Somehow this one does? Oh wait but it's got Keanu in the advertising, and the release was delayed by 6 months?

Unless it's better than both of those aforementioned games I definitely won't be bothering.

Yeah that game seems to be about hype, and the Keanu Reaves character just looks like boring John Wick fan art to me. If a game isn't creative enough to have its own independent set of characters, it just seems a bit gimmicky to me. Perhaps it really is a great game, but that Keanu Reaves bit in particular just gives me a bad feeling about it.

Wait never mind. Just watched a few youtube reviews and I think I get it now. They accelerated it into release because they needed to get their money made. A couple of good youtube comments:

Quote:
They poured much of their budget in marketing and Keanu Reeves.

Quote:

It didn’t release when ready. It released when someone wanted money

Quote:
They should've just be honest about last gen version instead of trying to hide and lie about it. Ironic since one of the themes of the game is about the dark side of excessive corporate capitalism.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

have just downloaded ghost recon wildlands on the ps4 as it was quite cheap (£12). will give it a try when im home alone.

i do find the slow download speed of the playstation quite frustrating.
i think it took about 4 hours.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

It's hyped so much because they dropped the original teaser 7 years ago and created a mystery around what they were building. Apparently they did start making it back then but put it on hold to work on Witcher 3 stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVjkqB3LH0

I never liked the Witcher series and prefer more open world focused RPGs so I'm not to bothered about it. I'll play it once they patched the bugs.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:

It's hyped so much because they dropped the original teaser 7 years ago and created a mystery around what they were building. Apparently they did start making it back then but put it on hold to work on Witcher 3 stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVjkqB3LH0

Damn that's a cool trailer.

Looks like it was a great concept but I guess the execution was ruined by corporate $$$ desires and top-heavy management.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 41 of 64