Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'm re-running it now on the hardest as hard was a walk in the park.

Yes but to be fair you play competitively and tend to be good at this type of thing. I'm on medium difficulty and that seems ok for me.

It is buggy, it's got more holes than the Bismark after it had been shelled by the Royal Navy for hours.

I can't see me playing it more than once, the additional endings I'll just watch on YouTube because I cannot be bothered to play it through all those times.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Yes but to be fair you play competitively and tend to be good at this type of thing. I'm on medium difficulty and that seems ok for me.

Pretty much the same with games these days. I did quite surprise myself when the Doom remake came out a few years ago. My mates had been banging on about it so I went "right! I'll show you how it's done!!!" and completed it on the highest difficulty mode, Nightmare Shocked

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
People are talking about Cyberpunk, but it just sounds very like the last two Deus Ex games, which didn't sell that well. Somehow this one does? Oh wait but it's got Keanu in the advertising, and the release was delayed by 6 months?

Unless it's better than both of those aforementioned games I definitely won't be bothering.

It feels like Rage 2 combined with Deus Ex.

You also forgot to mention you may customise the character's genitals. Wink

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Deus Ex - that takes me back. At the time they were considered cutting edge graphics, wonder how they'd look now . . . probably not great.

I am still getting entertained by GTA5 periodically - there's so much to do in that game.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:23 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Deus Ex - that takes me back. At the time they were considered cutting edge graphics, wonder how they'd look now . . . probably not great.

I am still getting entertained by GTA5 periodically - there's so much to do in that game.

There have been a bunch of Deus Ex games, with the last released in 2016 (mankind divided). It's freaking awesome, as is the prior one Human Revolution. I still play them from time to time today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

That sounds like a Skyrim Lovers Lab mod... so I'm told, not that I would know Shifty

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 14 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

That sounds like a Skyrim Lovers Lab mod... so I'm told, not that I would know Shifty

NSFW

Well: https://youtu.be/qqXi8WmQ_WM?t=13 Thinking

NSFW

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to buy a game that just gives me a code on a card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
ted124 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:36 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:

But you are stuck in the 80s Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Blurredman wrote:

But you are stuck in the 80s Laughing

How did you know? Embarassed Embarassed Twisted Evil

But .. The point i'm making is that I hate how everything is on-line these days. I fear for this world in regards the over dependancy of using the Internet, even to do things that don't need to involve it.
One day children will type into Google, or Ask Jeeves or whatever questions such as 'How do I walk?' because their parents are so engrosed in their phones.

I seriously seriously hate web 3.0 (since smart phones)

Laughing

Anyway.. Current game is now Swat 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:02 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:

Good choice. IV is better, and there is a Elite Force mod that makes it even better still... I still enjoy III from time to time though.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Blurredman wrote:

Good choice. IV is better, and there is a Elite Force mod that makes it even better still... I still enjoy III from time to time though.

Yes. Using the Elite Version. It is great fun..

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Blurredman wrote:

Swat 4! Wow, yes that was initially a tough one to get into, back in the day, but once you get rolling there was nothing to touch it. Is there anything contemporary like it?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:03 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Swat 4! Wow, yes that was initially a tough one to get into, back in the day, but once you get rolling there was nothing to touch it. Is there anything contemporary like it?

The closest thing I've found is Payday 2 but it's more arcadey and you play as a criminal rather than a policeman. The Rainbow 6 series is probably closest but it's still not the same.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:27 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept my xbox one S for cyberpunk. Started it up a few days ago, let it churn through 9 months worth of updates, pre-ordered the game.

Got a refund on the game today. Reminded me of playing GTA3 on an underpowered PC. It wasn't just the general performance of the game, it was the fact that it was clearly just a rough port of a PC game - so little things, like the text is too small in all of the menus - I'm sat some distance away from a TV, not close to a monitor. Some of the menus even need me to move a cursor with the control pad, where it was designed for a mouse.

Shame. I was hoping for something like GTA, or at least Saint's Row.

At least I can now turn off the xbox for another year and go back to playing on the switch.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:32 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I was about to fire up the PC version this evening.

In the vein of Cyberpunk as in all Sci-Fi and computers I was quite surprised by Detroit: Become Human. It can feel a bit like the on-rails Telltale Games but the quality level of all aspects is dialled up to 11 and the knobs snapped off Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Interesting, I was about to fire up the PC version this evening.

In the vein of Cyberpunk as in all Sci-Fi and computers I was quite surprised by Detroit: Become Human. It can feel a bit like the on-rails Telltale Games but the quality level of all aspects is dialled up to 11 and the knobs snapped off Smile

If you enjoyed Detroit, check the Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. I even played the Fahrenheit. Quantic Dream really knows how to make an interactive movie kind of game captivating and involving.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 16 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
But .. The point i'm making is that I hate how everything is on-line these days. I fear for this world in regards the over dependancy of using the Internet, even to do things that don't need to involve it.
One day children will type into Google, or Ask Jeeves or whatever questions such as 'How do I walk?' because their parents are so engrosed in their phones.

I've been looking at getting a new keyboard (as in digital piano, rather than QWERTY) and baulked when I saw on one Yamaha you have to download and install their free app to unlock some bonus sounds and features.

I'm buying a musical instrument, not a fucking Pokemon game.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 17 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday, I uninstalled World of Tanks on Xbox.

Update 6.0 released on Tuesday killed it.

it's unplayable rubbish now

if anyone is interested in how crap it is now, this youtube video from about
4:50 sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FRmgNbXX0&feature=emb_logo

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 17 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Blurredman wrote:

I've been looking at getting a new keyboard (as in digital piano, rather than QWERTY) and baulked when I saw on one Yamaha you have to download and install their free app to unlock some bonus sounds and features.

I'm buying a musical instrument, not a fucking Pokemon game.

Ha! You think that's bad try an Eigenharp. Thing's a brick without their software and even then you need some mad IT skillz to even get a note out of it Sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 17 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of firing up the ps3 and playing some killzone 3 this evening.

Edit: Bugger, Shocked servers shut down two years ago

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 18 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, oh dear...

Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation store

I'm sure it's not unprecedented but a bit embarrassing for such a supposedly high profile title!

For reference I've been playing it on my standard Intel/Nvidia setup and there are a few niggles I've seen so far: characters ghosting through doors, occasional glitching with clothes, weird eye blinks and also pretty bad LoD flaws so nothing earth-shattering and no CtDs but not what one expects for the hype Sad

I'd have to say the plot side of things is a bit ropey and the gameplay isn't anything dramatic so far - this isn't up to GTA V by any stretch of the imagination. It does feel like there's a lot in it though; raw potential. IIRC correctly GTA sorta led you by the nose for hours but by the time anything important happened the characters were very much bedded in. Yeah, they skipped all that with Cyberpunk Sad

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 19 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

just installed rage 2 on the pc. picked it up for the princely sum of £3.99.
i remember enjoying the first game years ago.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I tried Factorio. So far I fail every game, but I keep on coming back trying to improve my game strategy. Very frustrating, yet addictive gameplay. Thumbs Up

I'm not gonna google how to play the game, that would be cheating. Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 42 of 64