Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
I refuse to buy a game that just gives me a code on a card.

Isn't it fun when you slide a disc into your console and you can't play until you've downloaded the latest update?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:27 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Dirt Rally 2.0. It's bitchin' hard. Unfair hard. stupidly geeky hard, only really suitable for Rally fetishising esports nutbars.

It's fun, but progress is basically impossible because one mistake ruins your time, and there is no rewind or any sort of mitigation. I can do a clean stage, and catch the edge of a ditch on a wide corner just once, and it'll take me from 1st to 27th. Maybe with a steering wheel it might be a bit easier? I don't know. I did get it very cheap, but f*ck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I'm playing Dirt Rally 2.0. It's bitchin' hard. Unfair hard. stupidly geeky hard, only really suitable for Rally fetishising esports nutbars.

I concur.
It needs to be played alone, in a sound-proofed darkened room with nobody letting you know that's its only a game when you stack it.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

It's fun, but progress is basically impossible because one mistake ruins your time, and there is no rewind or any sort of mitigation. I can do a clean stage, and catch the edge of a ditch on a wide corner just once, and it'll take me from 1st to 27th. Maybe with a steering wheel it might be a bit easier? I don't know. I did get it very cheap, but f*ck!

I tried it with my G29 and Playseat Challenge racing rig, and after an hour I very nearly tore the steering wheel clean off the mounts.

I don't mind games being difficult but that was just way too much for me. Much more fun to be had tear arsing around the 'ring on AC or Project Cars 2 to be honest.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing a lot of Valhalla lately, it's taken me a while to get into it but now it's updated a bit, it at least looks as nice as I would of liked originally, it really is very pretty at Ultra settings now.

Finished CP2077 last week and to be honest found that a massive disappointment. I have literally no urge to go back and replay it as a different character. I played as a Nomad and that was enough for me. I didn't have any game breaking bugs and it ran really, really nicely on my PC but I just didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:43 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Playing a lot of Valhalla lately, it's taken me a while to get into it but now it's updated a bit, it at least looks as nice as I would of liked originally, it really is very pretty at Ultra settings now.

Finished CP2077 last week and to be honest found that a massive disappointment. I have literally no urge to go back and replay it as a different character. I played as a Nomad and that was enough for me. I didn't have any game breaking bugs and it ran really, really nicely on my PC but I just didn't think it lived up to the hype.

More optimist reviewers are hoping for a No Man's Sky type comeback so I've left my playthrough for a bit. There'll be an initial flurry of patches - what are we on? 1.05? - probably a gap and then a really serious patch. I'll leave it till then Smile

Talking of patches another one came out for my old favourite, Kerbal Space Program Very Happy I find the career mode a little tiresome so I just went with the simpler science one.

Very relaxing plotting out trajectories and docking spacecraft. I'm usually lazy and just go with Hohmann transfer. I'm sure a Nasa engineer would be horrified at the amount of delta-v budget I set off with but nice to have a little overhead in the cold vacuum of space Wink

Which reminds me: I should try and simulate the Salyut-7 failure and repair mission. See if I can manage to dock with a multi-axis tumbling target Thinking

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

More optimist reviewers are hoping for a No Man's Sky type comeback so I've left my playthrough for a bit. There'll be an initial flurry of patches - what are we on? 1.05? - probably a gap and then a really serious patch. I'll leave it till then Smile

Admittedly the Witcher 3 had some awesome DLC, so fingers crossed they can improve on the game in the coming months and I'll be more inclined to go back to it. Although I think at the moment they're more than likely trying there damnedest to sort the mass of issues on the base consoles.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I've got quite the same experience. I've started from the lowest category of ''slow and historic'' cars and got very competetive, moved up to F2 Kit Cars, still winning rally stages, having fun. I even like the simplified team management, building up the team, upgrading the cars, but anything faster than a Kit Car and I either smash the car or end up somewhere around 10th place.

People who compete online in R5 (WRC) and Group B cars are insane. Confused

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:14 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

People who compete online in R5 (WRC) and Group B cars are insane. Confused

The Audi is not bad, but the RS200 or the OW37 are impossible.

I found that setup is critical. I did some toe in and camber mods to my Alpine A110 to make it more stable and it worked well.

The thing is, I've been playing it pretty much non stop for about a month, and I've definitely improved - Just not enough to get beyond Clubman. Even then I can only do it with the Peugeot 205 GTI. I was also not expecting to be relogated back down to open - I almost ragequit at that point.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent a relaxing evening building a Soyuz knock-off from stock parts in KSP. I tried to keep all the engines around the same trust output as the real thing and probably only took three attempts to get it into orbit Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone play Gran Turismo anymore or am I just completely a man out of time?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Does anyone play Gran Turismo anymore or am I just completely a man out of time?

Which one? I have a dabble now and again.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I still play Gran Turismo sport every now and then. A week ago, I've spent 4 hours in the Kyoto Driving Park, on the Miyabi track (shortest one) just doing lap times and competing with other people online. Fiddling with the car setup, within the limits of set regulation, trying to perfect my braking points, cornering etc., ... the best I could do was second place, then the first place driver (German) said good game and left. Or, I just do drifting.

I finished the singleplayer part long before the ''please make the game easier'' patch, everything on gold. That was a real challenge, nowadays, racing against the AI and beating the AI/devs set lap records is just way too easy. I hope new Gran Turismo game will be a bit more challenging.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 01 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the Dirt Rally strugglers:

try Wreckfest to unwind. Crap driving skills matter not a jot for 90% of the game, especially in the online derbies Wink

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 01 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in an OCD collectable vortex on Sniper 4.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 01 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Which one? I have a dabble now and again.

GT5 ps3 I have GT6 as well but I've never fired it up.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 02 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried a few xbox driving games recently, since I got a Logitech wheel and pedals.

F1 2020 - I think this is very good. I can actually compete in this (with auto gearchange at the mo')

Forza Horizons - absolutely uncontrollable using the steering wheel - the car goes all over the place.

Project Cars - in between the previous two for driveability. I need some some time on this to see if the steering can be tweaked to make the car stay on the track more.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:36 - 02 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I've tried a few xbox driving games recently, since I got a Logitech wheel and pedals.

F1 2020 - I think this is very good. I can actually compete in this (with auto gearchange at the mo')

Forza Horizons - absolutely uncontrollable using the steering wheel - the car goes all over the place.

Project Cars - in between the previous two for driveability. I need some some time on this to see if the steering can be tweaked to make the car stay on the track more.

Agree with the Forza description, its very all over the place.

Project Cars 2 is really good, if you put in full sim mode, its hard!

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 04 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my brother gave me a PS5, so I try all the games I played on the base PS4 and I very much enjoy the Astro's Playroom game, that was developed to show all the features the new controller has. I enjoy the screen resolution the PS5 has over the base PS4 in PS4 games, now games look like if they were on the PS4 pro and the loading times are very short. I also could transfer all my save data to the new console, so it's a very pleasant transition to the new system.

The new controller has some interesting features, but just like before, I like the previous gen (PS4 mk2) controller better. Some say the PS4 controller works on the PS5 with PS4 games, so I might gonna give it a try. Oh, and there is no S/PDIF audio out this time, so HDMI audio only which is not ideal with a PC type of monitor. There is the 3.5mm audio jack on the PS5 controller but I find the audio quality via controller poor, just like I did on the PS4. Although now the controller has a in built microphone, muteable with a physical lit button on the controller. By the way, you also still can not use Bluetooth audio devices with the PS5.

Tl; Dr: Worth it.

EDIT: Thinking of it, some PS4 games do run twice as fast (60fps) on the PS5.

EDIT 2: In many PS4 games, the PS5 let's you choose between the performance mode and resolution (quality) mode, just like it worked on the PS4 pro (blurry + fast OR sharp + slow). The performance mode on the PS4 pro being: 1080p@60Hz and the resolution (quality) mode being 1800p/2160p@30Hz. Now, games such as Gran Turismo Sport, Ghost of Tsushima and many other PS4 games, I don't have time to replay them all, the resolution (quality) mode means 1800p/2160p@60Hz, with no frame drops and all the open frame rate PS4 games now just run at rock solid 60Hz. The performance mode (1080p@60Hz?) has no meaning to me as even if the games ran at higher frame rates, my 60Hz monitor wouldn't benefit from it.

Also, the PS5 is very quiet compared to my jet engine sounding base PS4.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:59 - 05 Jan 2021; edited 5 times in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 04 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help?

HDMI Audio Extractor Digital-Analog Toslink SPDIF 3.5mm

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Today my brother gave me a PS5

And I can't f**king well buy one.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I might give it a go. I've got a DAC with 3.5mm audio jack in my PC monitor, but the sound is somewhat lacking clarity. EDIT: I mean, it's a cheap 4K BenQ monitor, so I doubt they used ''proper'' DAC in it.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:18 - 05 Jan 2021; edited 1 time in total

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Today my brother gave me a PS5

And I can't f**king well buy one.

And that's Brexit. Thinking

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 02:13 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to trying it with the occulus and the wheel. I'm recovering from covid though and not quite up to that stress!

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding Rally 2.0 hard Laughing I just bought a G29 in the sales and assumed it was like Dirt 3. Still fun but I wish they would add things like reloading from checkpoints when you bin it at the end of a stage.
It needs more instructions for new players as well. I had no idea what the co pilot was shouting at me so when he said "80" I assumed he meant mph so I would slow down... Seems like adjustment of the cars makes a huge difference too so it would be nice to have more instructions there or maybe let you load other peoples settings.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 43 of 64