Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:58 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny.

Still.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:12 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Currently, I revisited some games that I couldn't play before on my q6600, such as:

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt (looks nice, is not as good as the Skyrim)
Alien - Isolation (looks great, the gameplay isn't as entertaining)
Metal gear solid 5 Phantom pain (definitely goes on my the best of the PC gaming list)
Ride 2 (my previous q6600 couldn't handle this, so I played it at low settings and 720p to gain 30+fps, now I run it at max settings, 1080p at locked 60fps (unlocked would go around 90fps, but that would be pointless)).
DiRT Rally (the best Rally game out there)
Cities Skylines (revisited, could play before, definitely on my the best of PC gaming list. I've got all the DLCs and just the other day, I had nothing to do, so I turned it on and I wasted in it the whole afternoon and night, went to bed at 2 'o clock in the morning, very adictive game)

These are the games that I still haven't finished yet. I did play all the triple A games and some Indie stuff that were released on the PC since the dawn of the times until the present day. The only thing that holds me back now is the Windows 7 (some games are w10 exclusives) and my GTX 1050Ti (which is alright for 1080p/60fps for now, but I am going to swap it for a GTX 1070 or even a 1080. IF I keep my 1080p/60Hz LCD panel, then the GTX 1070 it is, but IF I decide to go up with the picture resolution or the refresh rate, then I'm gonna go for the GTX 1080. Or whatever will be cool, when the time comes).

Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played, I loved the way every side quest felt premium, not just put in there to fill up the game. and that all the NPCS had something different And interesting to say, I found my self just walking round for hours looting everything and talking to everyone. I think the game encourages exploration. Also I got really addicted to the card game gwent and during getting the platinum on ps4 probably spent 25-30 hours of my time playing and collecting cards for gwent (took me 130 with the dlc included to 100% the game).
Graphically it still looks fantastic too, especially in 4k on pc, looks as good as any other game made recently, crazy to think its over 2 years old already.

Oh but skyrim, the game I've spent well over 400 hours on, Ive completed it 3 times and just when I thought I had finished with it, back in 2014 I got into pc gaming and discovered mods haha. Skyrim and fallout are staples in the RPG industry, I think when a new game comes out now, they're the games we compare them too. But yes, I love the witcher and skyrim, and this genre is my favourite in gaming, it's a shame we only see 1 or 2 good games a year from this category.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:32 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim is for N'Wah casuels.

https://i.reddituploads.com/37e4318351eb4c729f31579f5e87eabe?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=adf727a95bc80beccb851a7cbfc1979e

https://i.redd.it/4y1u3cow6zwy.jpg

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing at the mo as the GFX blew up.

Recent list dipping toe in sort of:
Mad Max - gone back to this as a restart just to mess about.
Shadow of mordor - restart same just for a piss about.
Bioshock infinite - dark story is dark.
Space Engineers - still dip a toe in this from time to time to see how it has come on.
Empyrion - Same, bit too cartoony now so rarely nose.
Witcher 3 - Finished, was awesome and better than skyrim which was also good (Morrow was better for the effect at the time). Witcher 2 is still beast mode.
Fallout 4 - pretty good but repetitive and story arc was a bit meh.
Dark souls 2 the full one - excellent but stopped not long into getting through most of the main and hitting the DLC.
Dark souls prepare to die - yes I bested it bitches!

Tonyg1987 wrote:
Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played

I would agree with this. It's a culmination of a lot of work from the developers and I would put it among the best I have ever played by the end. Good level of development and just the right technology level to form that game. I'm not a kid anymore so I tend to get bored rather easily but that one actually gave me quite a few moral conundrums. Planning to maybe go back on deathmarch. Such a darkworld and dark sense of humour. Would rate above skyrim and ilk with the caveat they are apples to oranges.

Recently been cutting down though. With my shift rotation I tend to work 1 week out of two so can waste a lot of time on this. Attempting to be a little more productive. Tough on nights though as I can't really bang about the house on my nights off.

Last edited by Sload on 22:32 - 12 May 2017; edited 1 time in total

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:27 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that stops me playing Witcher 3 is that my Playstation sounds like a jet plane taking off.
My PC isn't capable of running it at decent settings. I'll have to wait until this PS4 dies and I can justify a Pro.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:

I never finished it, really liked the first 2 but felt infinite was too contrived (how the police would always come after you). Also liked the atmosphere of the first two (probably the only games I found scary) which was lacking in the third.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried number two (is that the one where you play the biorobot thing). I love a bit of steampunk. Infinite though is written with awareness without throwing it balls deep down your throat without consent.

I only stopped really due to being repetitive and getting distracted, more personal fault than the game.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah big daddy, they really polished the game compared to the first one, but I don't think it did that well cos it was very similar. I tried to play bioshock 2 again recently but it looked a bit shit tbh, I'll pickup the remastered collection at some point even though I have all the games Neutral

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:31 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Nothing at the mo as the GFX blew up.

Recent list dipping toe in sort of:
Mad Max - gone back to this as a restart just to mess about.
Shadow of mordor - restart same just for a piss about.
Space Engineers - still dip a toe in this from time to time to see how it has come on.
Empyrion - Same, bit too cartoony now so rarely nose.
Witcher 3 - Finished, was awesome and better than skyrim which was also good (Morrow was better for the effect at the time). Witcher 2 is still beast mode.
Fallout 4 - pretty good but repetitive and story arc was a bit meh.
Dark souls 2 the full one - excellent but stopped not long into getting through most of the main and hitting the DLC.
Dark souls prepare to die - yes I bested it bitches!

Tonyg1987 wrote:
Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played

I would agree with this. It's a culmination of a lot of work from the developers and I would put it among the best I have ever played by the end. Good level of development and just the right technology level to form that game. I'm not a kid anymore so I tend to get bored rather easily but that one actually gave me quite a few moral conundrums. Planning to maybe go back on deathmarch. Such a darkworld and dark sense of humour. Would rate above skyrim and ilk with the caveat they are apples to oranges.

Recently been cutting down though. With my shift rotation I tend to work 1 week out of two so can waste a lot of time on this. Attempting to be a little more productive. Tough on nights though as I can't really bang about the house on my nights off.

Death march was an enjoyable experience, tough at times but not impossible. The fighting is more tactical, you will find yourself blocking and dodging more as enemies deal insane amounts of damage early on. The quen sign will become your best friend. I made sure to save every 15 or 20 minutes just encase I died suddenly...it seems to happen when you least expect it. I think once you get around lvl 25 or so, geralt becomes over powered slightly and the game gets much easier.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:59 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Playstation Store has some decent offers on at the moment until the 24th May.
Dead Rising series are £6.50 each or £15 for all three (1, 2 and Off the Record - on PS4) but I decided to buy Darksiders Fury Collection, which is 1 and 2 bundled together for £16.
I adore the first Darksiders. It is, in my opinion, the best game of the PS3/360 generation. It's often compared to Zelda in its mechanics, but I reckon it's basically a re-skin of Soul Reaver. And for me, that's not a bad thing!

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Yeah big daddy, they really polished the game compared to the first one, but I don't think it did that well cos it was very similar. I tried to play bioshock 2 again recently but it looked a bit shit tbh, I'll pickup the remastered collection at some point even though I have all the games Neutral

Bioshock 2 was by a different Dev team and was slightly rushed. Personally I enjoyed it but didn't think the story was as good as teh first or third.

My only quibble with infinte is how overpowered the guns are, I nearly finished the game before I figured out how to change plasmids Embarassed . The DLC (which is back in rapture) is epic!

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player unknowns battlegrounds at the moment. Have played it every night for the last month with a work colleague, graphics aren't anything special but its the gameplay that makes it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nb wrote:
Player unknowns battlegrounds at the moment. Have played it every night for the last month with a work colleague, graphics aren't anything special but its the gameplay that makes it.

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:41 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the Destiny 2 gameplay live stream. Guess I'll be playing that once released.

Finally, the disk will get removed.

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:54 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Watched the Destiny 2 gameplay live stream. Guess I'll be playing that once released.

Finally, the disk will get removed.

Already preordered the collectors edition on amazon, should be awesome Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:48 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I game share so its all half price to order through the store.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 14:10 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly VR games on the Vive : Loving Space Pirate Trainer and Elven Assassin

Arizona Sunshine is class as well, it's like you're in the walking dead Very Happy

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:10 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/813KYViV96L._SX342_.jpg

https://oi58.tinypic.com/2s0h63l.jpg

https://www.coverdude.com/covers/the-witcher-3-front-cover-191313.jpg

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:34 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

https://oi58.tinypic.com/2s0h63l.jpg

https://www.coverdude.com/covers/the-witcher-3-front-cover-191313.jpg

Classic res evil, love it. They don't make em like they used. The creator of the 6th game should walk the plank into shark infested waters, terrible game.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:49 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gamepires.com/Data/Sites/2/logos/maincapsuleimage.png

Because it's fun Twisted Evil

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 03:32 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

I've heard this is really good but it's not my type of game, I'd get bored within 10 mins.

Been playing some mad game called Thumper in VR... it's a rhythm game but the colours are class.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:00 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit DLC is out. So I wasted a whole evening in that. Thumbs Up

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 13:12 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA5 Online. its all you need

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:53 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

4,000 + hours on Garrysmod here, and counting Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
GTA5 Online. its all you need

Got bored of it after about a month. Wish they would stop pissing about and make a GTA London Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64