Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates are getting silly now. Why so many? Are they trying to combat the PC hackers?
I knew cross play was a bad idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Updates are getting silly now. Why so many? Are they trying to combat the PC hackers?

I last played it Thursday night and no updates were needed. There might be a shed load when I log back on. I'm 2 missions from the end in the single player, it's probably imho the best campaign out of all of them.

After that it's multiplayer. If I can be bothered, either that or I'll trade it in.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Civilization Rising Tide - Old favourite but too easy.

Surviving Mars - Man that's complicated

Civ2 onwards, are my fave games, never played 1.

didn't like 5 as much as 4, so went back to it, and I Loved 4 beyond the sword

don't have a good enough computer to play 6
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

don't have a good enough computer to play 6

PM Paddy, he'll stuff one into you or build you one.

Last edited by King29 on 19:03 - 02 Nov 2019; edited 1 time in total

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
recman wrote:

I last played it Thursday night and no updates were needed. There might be a shed load when I log back on. I'm 2 missions from the end in the single player, it's probably imho the best campaign out of all of them.

After that it's multiplayer. If I can be bothered, either that or I'll trade it in.

Multi player is pretty good. I'm shite but it's such a level playing field that even I don't feel like rage quitting all the time.
Also there are lots of fairly attainable challenges in multi player which makes the experience more than just a competitive battle all the time.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Multi player is pretty good. I'm shite but it's such a level playing field that even I don't feel like rage quitting all the time.
Also there are lots of fairly attainable challenges in multi player which makes the experience more than just a competitive battle all the time.

Yep, 2.5GB update, done that, on the last single player mission now, almost don't want it to end. I'll have a go at Multiplayer tonight and see if it's worth keeping the game or trading it in. The most fun multiplayer I had was the original Black Ops, loved that. Lets just see how this compares.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xboc one world of tanks

Seal clubbing with an OP premium tier 3 and a crewman with 18 skills and perks

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it half price on Steam, Celtic psychosis simulator:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Best played in a darkened room with headphones.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Am I the only one playing the new Modern Warfare?

I tried. Its just not as good (imo) as the BF franchise.

Dead too quickly
Not enough teamwork

Good fun for an arcadey experience though.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Xboc one world of tanks

Seal clubbing with an OP premium tier 3 and a crewman with 18 skills and perks

Playing World of Tanks on PC

Enjoying it so much I even shelled out for some premium account time!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Dead too quickly
Not enough teamwork

You can't blame the game for that. Laughing

I'm liking the mobile companion app which let's you assemble a team to compete in weekly leagues.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:26 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing through Outer Worlds, I am now playing Metal Gear, Phantom Pain.
It's great for losing time with, a very easy play, even though my sneak levels these days are pretty dire.
The last Metal Gear I played was Metal Gear Solid on the first PlayStation.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing the new Jedi Knight game, about 4 hours in and not really enjoying it. It's not a fast paced action game. I've spent the time wondering through dimly lit caves and fighting low level monsters and the odd imperial soldier. I hope it improves, for £50 it bloody well better, worst case scenario I'll weigh it in at CEX for £40 cash.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
After playing through Outer Worlds

How did you find it? personally i think it looks meh, but it's getting rave reviews.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it more at the beginning. As I played more of it I was getting bored. It's ok, just not great.
I started out with listening to the characters, but then found the 'skip' button, and read through the replies, questions, responses.
Lack of interesting weapons. Even the special science ones were only good for a go or 2, then put a real gun on.
I think I didn't care about any of the characters. No attachment whatsoever.

I only played through it once, on Normal.
Battles were way too easy really. I died about 3 times to enemies, in the whole thing, mostly down to my own stupidity.
There is a hardcore mode. I didn't care enough to go through it again.
Glad I didn't buy it, full price. Game Pass is a useful thing. (Currently 3 months for a quid).
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID2000131_SEM_ifWz3ABs

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
I liked it more at the beginning. As I played more of it I was getting bored. It's ok, just not great.
I started out with listening to the characters, but then found the 'skip' button, and read through the replies, questions, responses.
Lack of interesting weapons. Even the special science ones were only good for a go or 2, then put a real gun on.
I think I didn't care about any of the characters. No attachment whatsoever.

I only played through it once, on Normal.
Battles were way too easy really. I died about 3 times to enemies, in the whole thing, mostly down to my own stupidity.
There is a hardcore mode. I didn't care enough to go through it again.
Glad I didn't buy it, full price. Game Pass is a useful thing. (Currently 3 months for a quid).
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID2000131_SEM_ifWz3ABs

I was thinking about playing it on the game pass on pc too, 3 quids worth a pount though Smile

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 26 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Jedi Fallen Order, and am giving it 8.5/10. The first level is mind numbingly crap, 2nd level better and it keeps getting better. I must have put 15 hours or so into it and finished it. I did enjoy it, it's made by same people that did Titanfall 2.

A worthy purchase. There is no multiplayer, so after you have completed the single player game there is little incentive to try again. A one shot wonder.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been also playing the new Star Wars game and I must say, it's not bad. Thumbs Up

EDIT: Just finished the game. Solid 9/10. Good game mechanics, good level puzzles and platforming, alright combat mechanics, good level desing and amazing visuals (PC) with great sound design and soundtrack. The story line was actually interesting and well paced as well.

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:19 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now currently I'm playing:
Skyrim ps4 edition- just working my way through the mages guild for about the 15th time....hahaha I still love it though. I'm not gonna rate skyrim... We all know how good it is.

God of war(ps4) finished the game but going for the platinum trophy, just mostly collectibles and the final hidden boss left(no spoilers for those that may not have played it) SERIOUSLY PLAY IT IF YOY HAVEN'T. 9/10 let down only slightly by a bit too much hand holding and linearity. Sometimes it can be a good thing though I guess, and if your a completionist, it's not a short game by any means.

Assassins creed odyssey(ps4) recently got the platinum on this, still got some dlcs left to finish. I really do think people have been overly negative through years when it comes to the AC games, this one and unity especially. Odysseys story isn't great sure, but it's a fun game with fantastic graphics, enjoyable combat, some hilarious side quests and dialogue and a huge colourful and interesting world to explore. Gets a 7.5/10 from me.

Forza horizon 4(pc) took a 6 month break from this and came back around early November, bought the season pass and finished both dlcs. What can I say its forza.... Ive always enjoyed racing games and this is no different. Sometimes I like to go around the map just getting 3 stars on drift zones or seeing how fast I can make it down the drag strip in different cars. It's really fun and not something that I have to dedicate all my time to. 7.5/10

Call of duty modern warfare(ps4) always liked cod, but stopped playing after ghosts because all that wall jumping madness wasn't my thing. This game, for all its flaws... Is still every bit as good, if not better in some ways than the original 3 modern warfare games 7/10

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:49 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently soft modded an old Wii that I had in the loft and have been playing Gamecube games on it.

I've played 3 Prince of Persia games, Sands Of Time, Warrior Within and Two Thrones, and Two Thrones is far and away the best and most fun of the three, but I'm glad I played them all. I've also been playing Simpsons Hit and Run and Simpsons Road rage which are both good. I have also enjoyed TimeSplitters 1 and 2, True Crime NY and LA and a few others.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 4th attempt at giving The Witcher 3 a serious go Shocked Reminds me very much of a more structured Skyrim...

And there's the problem: too much game! Must have pissed away 12 hrs already just to get to level 10 Smile It's nice that's there's so many little touches; like buying some arseholes a beer rather than beating them up and then you bump into them ages later as guards "let this guy through, he's cool"

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else tried Untitled Goose Game. Totally silly fun, suitable for littlies too.
Available to buy, or it's on Microsoft's Game Pass, which is why I've tried it.

Apart from that am playing Far Cry New Dawn, an add-on to Far Cry 5 (which I played through but didn't like), the add-on is ok though. Playing Co-op. it makes a difference I guess.

Also playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Not really fitting in Breath of the Wild on the Switch as well !

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 10 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit become human. A really interesting riveting game, 9/10 so far. Choice driven story game, quite compelling. Less than a tenner on sale on the PlayStation store. Liking this one a lot. You get the deluxe edition for your cash, this gets you an extra game (heavy rain) and a load of digital photos and game soundtrack. I'm probably 6 hours in and loving it.

Just a quick note, you need a pad with gyro motors (i.e official pad) to play, there is much twisty/upwards/downwards pad movement and if you have a 3rd party pad you won't be able to play as your controller will be bereft of those necessary sensors.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 11 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back into GTA 5 but on the ps4 this time.
I'm gonna try to do all the little bits and pieces missions this time around as I pretty much stuck to the main story last time on the ps3.
Having an ssd in there helps noticeably with this kind of game.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 11 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm back into GTA 5 but on the ps4 this time.
I'm gonna try to do all the little bits and pieces missions this time around as I pretty much stuck to the main story last time on the ps3.
Having an ssd in there helps noticeably with this kind of game.

An excellent decision. I did the same on my last go (PC version) there is a LOT of game there and it just gets more and more bonkers the further in you get Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 33 of 64