Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd have a look at Vampyr, one of this month's ps+ offerings.
As the name suggests its a drinky blood/hacky slash/decision based game in which you naturally have all the powers of a vamp.
Not really a format I'd normally be drawn to but it has me mildly intrigued so I'll give it a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing Skyrim, again, vanilla, but with a few official creation club additions

got a new wood elf, called Edwood Tu, and am trying to keep him true to his character, but I'll probably go power mad and slay everyone eventually
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:02 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

New D3 season coming soon.
might try and push the GR rankings for the WD.
massive grind fest with extra grinding.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

got a new wood elf, called Edwood Tu, and am trying to keep him true to his character, but I'll probably go power mad and slay everyone eventually

I'm still playing on and off since I last posted about Skyrim. Blown way past the 200 plugin in limit though. Stable, but can run out of memory even with 16 jigga-jigs. Flip-flopping between Werewolf/Companions based "action" toons, Vampire Lords and RPGing an ex-Vigilant that escaped the massacre.

I've had a bit of fun trying "no-kill" builds. The tl;dr is it can't be done from a moral standpoint but quite easy to do purely on the numbers by utilising Illusion and the occasion "oh dear, you seem to have stumbled off a cliff." Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 22 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a break from Skyrim with a little "Death Stranding"

tl;dr some seriously fucked up shit!

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 22 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed the latest Amnesia game last night, namely Amnesia Rebirth.

I've been waiting for it since it was announced last year as I really enjoyed the other games in the series. Lots of puzzles and a pretty gripping story line.

Their previous game Soma was absolutely brilliant, loved the story, the gameplay, the lack of combat which makes you have to search around for a way to progress and the real immersive feel made it great.

These types of survival horror games are a nice break from the shooty-shooty linear style that is so commonplace.

General consensus seems to be a love it or hate it game.

I'm not gonna give any spoilers here, all I'm gonna say is there are many jump scares and soooo many feels.

ಠ_ಠ

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:47 - 22 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played the Jedi Knight expansion 'mysteries of the sith'. Yes, that's right, the one from 1998 or whenever it was. I've been meaning to play it for years but not gotten around to it.

Retro FTW.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 26 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Played the Jedi Knight expansion 'mysteries of the sith'. Yes, that's right, the one from 1998 or whenever it was. I've been meaning to play it for years but not gotten around to it.

Retro FTW.

Those ones are fun. I love how you can basically never take a hit if you're carrying the light sabre as 1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 26 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought F1 2020 on impulse while killing a bit of time in Asda waiting for some work on my car to be completed.

Looks good so far - after waiting about 90 mins for it to install and update

I did initially think there was a bug.
Every time I started a race I'd get disqualified for reversing on the grid.

Finally figured out I'd got the brake/reverse and accelerate controls the wrong way round Smile

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:32 - 26 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

got myself a G29 wheel/pedals and have been playing iRacing for the last few days.

still got a load of practice todo before i'm anywhere near being on pace.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 10 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed Elite Dangerous on PC. for the retro feels really so will see how it goes.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 10 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchdogs Legion; PS4. Much fun, sticking it to the establishment as much as I can.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:32 - 11 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a bit of ghostbusters remastered as it was free on Epic. It’s a shame. It’s got actual voice work by the main cast and all that and that’s good, the character animation is great but as a game it’s bland and poorly designed. There is no map or arrow telling you where to go (or at least what there is doesn’t seem to do it’s job) and it’s easy to get lost. I might play a bit more to see if it gets better but otherwise I’ll go back to Jedi Academy (played through Jedi outcast too).

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 11 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Just installed Elite Dangerous on PC. for the retro feels really so will see how it goes.

I really need to treat myself to a gaming pc or at the least a decent graphics card.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 11 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

I really need to treat myself to a gaming pc or at the least a decent graphics card.

Seems to be running fine on my five year old laptop.

Hobbead
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:53 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got me a ps4 with a bunch of games really cheap. Currently playing Days Gone, looks like an interactive version of The Walking Dead series, but without annoying characters. By the way, riding a bike seems a bit realistic to me, but fun to play nonetheless. Though the customization was a bit off, especially when I couldn't install a decent shock like this after 10 hours of playing.

Last edited by Hobbead on 15:33 - 14 Nov 2020; edited 1 time in total

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Seems to be running fine on my five year old laptop.

Bought and downloaded/installed through Steam.

When I run it I log in and it sends me a verification code to enter.
I enter it and it asks me to login again. Grrr.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

There's a silly fix for this, I can't remember offhand what it is but if you ask on the steam social message board someone will know

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the past 3 days badly addicted to a game called Satisfactory.

I'm not keenly into gaming so perhaps this one is already well known, but it's new to me and it is horribly addictive, and horribly excellent. The name says it all really - there's just something so satisfactory about building your own perfectly running factory, in a vast open world.

I've had to take a day off from it today because I was seriously that glued to the game for the earlier part of this week. Definitely got square eyes.

Highly recommend anyway Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

There's a silly fix for this, I can't remember offhand what it is but if you ask on the steam social message board someone will know

Got it working.
keyboard and mouse controls suck Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I've spent the past 3 days badly addicted to a game called Satisfactory.

I'm not keenly into gaming so perhaps this one is already well known, but it's new to me and it is horribly addictive, and horribly excellent. The name says it all really - there's just something so satisfactory about building your own perfectly running factory, in a vast open world.

I've had to take a day off from it today because I was seriously that glued to the game for the earlier part of this week. Definitely got square eyes.

Highly recommend anyway Laughing

A little smaller scale but I have a soft spot for Factorio.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:22 - 12 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Got it working.
keyboard and mouse controls suck Smile

I'm surprised they added them. When it first came out for about two years you couldn't play it at all without a Joystick and they had disclaimers all over the shop to tell you.

I haven't actually played it since 2015 or so... so maybe it's improved a bit since then? I really liked it, but it was a mile wide but an inch deep. It got old quite rapidly and I've not felt the need to play it since. I keep thinking about firing it up but it is such a time suck I'd rather play something a touch more casual. Which is basically any other game.

Rockburner
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:39 - 13 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

I'm still playing on and off since I last posted about Skyrim. Blown way past the 200 plugin in limit though. Stable, but can run out of memory even with 16 jigga-jigs. Flip-flopping between Werewolf/Companions based "action" toons, Vampire Lords and RPGing an ex-Vigilant that escaped the massacre.

I've had a bit of fun trying "no-kill" builds. The tl;dr is it can't be done from a moral standpoint but quite easy to do purely on the numbers by utilising Illusion and the occasion "oh dear, you seem to have stumbled off a cliff." Wink

Which system are you playing Skyrim on?

I've been playing a little on Xbox360 (it's the only console I have), and I'm getting murdered in every single close-up fight simply because it's too long winded to get to the health potions, (or I'm simply shite). Is it possible to assign the 'drink health potion' action to one of the buttons? (or something similar)

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 13 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC Valhalla, on PC.

Only played for an hour or so, seems pretty run of the mill AC, but one thing I can't get my head around is how shit it looks.

I'm running with everything on Ultra/Max settings @1440p with a 2070 Super and Ryzen 5 3600 and it just looks a mess. Benchmarked at 83fps average so it's having no issues running the game, just graphically it's been a bit of a let down. As a launch title for the new consoles it's a but underwhelming to be honest.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 13 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockburner wrote:
Which system are you playing Skyrim on?

I've been playing a little on Xbox360 (it's the only console I have), and I'm getting murdered in every single close-up fight simply because it's too long winded to get to the health potions, (or I'm simply shite). Is it possible to assign the 'drink health potion' action to one of the buttons? (or something similar)

The proper platform: PC Wink Change the difficulty level if you really suck but apart from the first 30 mins which can be a bit hairy you can almost get away without potions or healing. Does the XBox have a Quick Menu or Favourites?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 39 of 64