Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still wading through Just Cause 3.
Liberating lands, blowing up military bases, collecting collectables.
So much done but so much to do, big big game.
A little repetitive in terms of what you have to do to take over towns etc, but far from boring because all sorts of mini tasks randomly pop up plus you can go down the stealth route or just sit in a chopper and rocket everything to oblivion.
Also, nipping in and out of the story when you want adds depth.
Very tempted to get the expansion packs for this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civ 5 with all expansions on laptop

Forza Horizon 3
Trials Fusion
Elite Dangerous on Xbox One
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cronik
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:06 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gamertagnation.com/members/noncomposmentis/games/

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:59 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Gas Guzzlers Extreme for racing fun.
Heliborne for some Helicopter flying fun.
Just started playing Fallout 4 again, must remember to back to vault 111 with the dog for the Gun.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clumsily having a crack at Just Cause 3. Not really certain what I'm supposed to be doing to be honest.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Clumsily having a crack at Just Cause 3. Not really certain what I'm supposed to be doing to be honest.

That's just it, you don't need to be doing anything specific.
Click on the map to follow the story mode if you want. You'll see a yellow bulls head.
The more you move around the map, the more places you'll discover and when you do, you can do what's required to liberate that area.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

This: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaIbANLJEs Very Happy

I only really mess around, but man it's fun the stupid stuff you can do.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resubbed to WoW and bought the Legion expansion.

Pretty good so far, reminds me of the Wotlk days.
Oh and dalaran is a hub again.

Level 110 Damage is insane.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 21:32 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Destiny 2 beta... was pretty cool, didn't play D1 so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Will buy the game when it comes out in October or whatever for PC.

Smashed through Ghost Recon Wildlands with a pal in 60 hours

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 01 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I've been trying to play this too, I just keep dying!

I think I'm on the second mission (?) Trying to keep that guys truck from blowing up. It's probably going to be hard before I learn what you can and can't grapple to, I stand in a field just pressing L1 to try and do something! and what combinations of grapple and wing suit and parachute and helicopters n how to actually jump out of a car without going over a cliff with it. I try to hold triangle but I think you should just press it. But then when I try to jump out of a helicopter I always somehow end up stuck to the bottom of it upside down!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:58 - 01 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

I've been trying to play this too, I just keep dying!

I think I'm on the second mission (?) Trying to keep that guys truck from blowing up. It's probably going to be hard before I learn what you can and can't grapple to, I stand in a field just pressing L1 to try and do something! and what combinations of grapple and wing suit and parachute and helicopters n how to actually jump out of a car without going over a cliff with it. I try to hold triangle but I think you should just press it. But then when I try to jump out of a helicopter I always somehow end up stuck to the bottom of it upside down!

I had a more determined thrash last night. Dying is a great way of coming back with full ammo close to where you
were offed I found. Wink I flew to the nearby island with a GIANT satellite dish on it and blew up the lot over the
course of a few lives. Mainly I have been liberating towns, have just unlocked the weapon/vehicle drop feature which
may help. Having GTA buttons ingrained until they are second nature really isn't helping.

Last edited by grr666 on 13:15 - 01 Sep 2017; edited 1 time in total

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 01 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

downloading free games with gold Forza 5 and a load of free including Top Gear Car Pack right now.

Being mister lazy, means I won't play Forza Horizon 3 for a while, as I can swtich between Elite Dangerous on my disc and Forza 5 on the hard drive without getting up Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
downloading free games with gold Forza 5 and a load of free including Top Gear Car Pack right now.

It's crap, small amount of tracks and the physics were naff; the cars go into a lazy drift when you go over the (grip) limit. 6 was a lot better, wish they'd add 4 to backwards compatibility as that's still my fav'.

I just got F1 2017 mainly for the classic Formula 1 cars. It's good fun, been enjoying Mansell's '92 Williams, the 'special edition' comes with a code for Senna's '88 McLaren.

Also picked up this again and have been amusing myself Laughing:
https://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/15/13/82/47/img_2012.jpg
Think I've recovered from a mate saving over my game save and I'll finish it again (completed before on PS3).

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 16:20 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a clear up of games I had outstanding. I completed VtMB, DOOM and Grim Fandango Remastered last night. Laughing

Still 'outstanding'...

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
Uncharted:- Lost Legacy (PS4)
FFXV (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot Remastered (PS4)
Shenmue (Dreamcast)
Heart of Darkness (PSX)
God of War HD (PSV)
Broken Sword 5 Pt2 (PSV)
Game of Thrones (Android)

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far Cry Primal (PC)

I've had this in the library for some time, I really enjoyed the FC 1, 2, 3, and the Primal is also a very well made game with stunning visuals and familiar gameplay. This time, they added ''your own'' village, that you may and have to upgrade as you move through the game. I'm spending more time gathering resources and exploring the quite vast world, than playing the actuall story line, which would probably take only several hours to finish.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:25 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Far Cry Primal (PC)

I've had this in the library for some time, I really enjoyed the FC 1, 2, 3, and the Primal is also a very well made game with stunning visuals and familiar gameplay. This time, they added ''your own'' village, that you may and have to upgrade as you move through the game. I'm spending more time gathering resources and exploring the quite vast world, than playing the actuall story line, which would probably take only several hours to finish.

Primal was a cash grab.

The map for Primal is exactly the same as FC4....
The animations are the same as FC3 & 4
The majority of the abilities are the same as FC3 & 4

Ubisoft are the epitome of lazyness.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:00 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

D2.

Literally a step up from Destiny, more story, much gameplay.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
D2.

Literally a step up from Destiny, more story, much gameplay.

Slept yet?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
[
Primal was a cash grab.

They spolied the Trials games IMO.

Trials HD and Trials Evolution are way better than Trials Fusion.

Fusion is all about seasons passes, and pay to play DLC, with little normal content it seems, and precious few silly skills games.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Loui5D wrote:
[
Primal was a cash grab.

They spolied the Trials games IMO.

Trials HD and Trials Evolution are way better than Trials Fusion.

Fusion is all about seasons passes, and pay to play DLC, with little normal content it seems, and precious few silly skills games.

The first two had dlc, but I don't remember it being that expensive. I agree the first two were better, but I enjoyed Fusion when I got it from GwG, completed it in 2 days though Confused

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Far Cry Primal (PC)

Primal was a cash grab.

The map for Primal is exactly the same as FC4....
The animations are the same as FC3 & 4
The majority of the abilities are the same as FC3 & 4

True that might be, I've never played FC4 and I did enjoy FC3, so all and all, I'm quite enjoying the game.

But, I do understand what you are saying. Ubisoft does that a lot, look at the Assassin's creed series. It's ridiculous how much money people pay for the same game over and over again. Although that's the issue of any game series, repetitivnes and recycling the old ideas and assets. Ubisoft does what EA, 2K, Milestone and others do with sports and racing games. They all could make one great game. Instead of that, they just re-release the same game with updated rosters (sports players and race teams) and very minor technical advancements, and people come and buy their games every single year for the full price of a AAA game.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
But, I do understand what you are saying. Ubisoft does that a lot, look at the Assassin's creed series. It's ridiculous how much money people pay for the same game over and over again. Although that's the issue of any game series, repetitivnes and recycling the old ideas and assets. Ubisoft does what EA, 2K, Milestone and others do with sports and racing games. They all could make one great game. Instead of that, they just re-release the same game with updated rosters (sports players and race teams) and very minor technical advancements, and people come and buy their games every single year for the full price of a AAA game.

I remember PES4* you could edit the names of the players, so basically keep your game updated with transfers etc., I think it was the next instalment (or maybe the one after) they stopped that, and it turned into a yearly instalment with new names Smile I've no idea why anyone buys FIFA at launch, especially the special editions, when in a years time there are loads of pre-owned copies for a quid.

*stopped playing after that

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

With sports games, the licensed content sells. I remember playing PES, mostly multiplayer with my brother and cousin, never really played it alone and I thought it was a good football game, can't remember the last one I played. Back then, and that might be 8 and more years ago, Konami only had licences to some players and teams, the rest was made up or modified real names and we never cared. I mostly played for North London (Arsenal), my brother usuly played for London FC (Chelsea) and we had a blast. Razz

On the other hand, there were people, even back then, that would claim PES was crap, because FIFA had fully licensed content.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Grim Fandango Remastered

What the fuck? I didn't even know this had been done!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

The first two had dlc, but I don't remember it being that expensive. I agree the first two were better, but I enjoyed Fusion when I got it from GwG, completed it in 2 days though Confused

They did have DLC yes, but the game didn't keep bawwing that you neeeded to buy something. The tournaments were stand alone parts of the original game, now the tournies are online only, and it's just pot luck wether the levels are ones I need to buy or not.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 5 of 64