Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I cannot rest until the world is safe.

St John out.

Days Gone is the only game other than Ghost of Tsushima that I've ever bothered to platinum. Absolutely loved everything about it, although it did take me a little while to get into.

Probably going to re-buy it on PC at some point as well since the boy nicked my PS4. Be interesting to see how it runs on a 2070 Super at 1440p and 144Hz, as if I remember rightly towards the end of the game it seemed to be a bit stuttery on my Pro.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:

Days Gone is the only game other than Ghost of Tsushima that I've ever bothered to platinum.

have you played Horizon zero dawn? its on pc now too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Rob W wrote:

Days Gone is the only game other than Ghost of Tsushima that I've ever bothered to platinum.

have you played Horizon zero dawn? its on pc now too.

Yeah, I finished the base game on the PS4 and really enjoyed it, but never bothered with the DLC. Probably give it another go when I eventually bag a PS5, the sequel looks like it'll be just as good as well.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Days Gone is the only game other than Ghost of Tsushima that I've ever bothered to platinum. Absolutely loved everything about it, although it did take me a little while to get into.

My platinum trophy list:

Assassin's Creed II,
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag,
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood,
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey,
Assassin's Creed: Origins,
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate,
Assassin's Creed: Unity,
Days Gone,
DETROIT: Become Human,
Fallout 3,
Fallout 4,
Fallout: New Vegas,
Far Cry 4,
Far Cry 5,
Ghost of Tsushima,
God of War,
HEAVY RAIN,
inFAMOUS: Second Son,
L.A. Noire,
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain,
Read Dead Redemption 2,
Rise of the Tomb Raider,
Shadow of the Tomb Raider,
The Order: 1886,
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt,
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

I went through a phase of grinding platinum's on sandbox games. I rarely bother now.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

My platinum trophy list:

i hate show offs Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted this thread, xbox series x Microsoft flight sim 2020.
It's pretty convincing at times, best looking if you stay above 500ft.

RDR2, got 99.9% completion in the first one on PS3.

Forza 4 is pretty good, more emphasis on fun than driving simulation like Grand Turismo.

I've got the game pass thing so there's over 100 games to plough through Shocked

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Mechwarrior 5 mercenaries expansion dlc Legend of the kestrel lancers. So far so good, still have the annoying Leeds accent lady in dropship command. A good solid expansion, worth the £15.99.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep going back to Counter Strike Source / Team Fortress 2, nothing really beats them for an hour of fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell let loose (PS5) - 9/10

It's one of those realistic WW2 online shooters, where you choose the unit, get dropped onto a huge map with tens of other people running around and fighting for territories. The game is slower paced for the most part, which I do enjoy, actually. The Dualsense controller also works great. I like the sound it makes when you do a headshot. The voice chat works great through the controller as well and the right trigger acts like a trigger on a real firearm, which is a nice touch.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Hell let loose (PS5) - 9/10

It's one of those realistic WW2 online shooters, where you choose the unit, get dropped onto a huge map with tens of other people running around and fighting for territories. The game is slower paced for the most part, which I do enjoy, actually. The Dualsense controller also works great. I like the sound it makes when you do a headshot. The voice chat works great through the controller as well and the right trigger acts like a trigger on a real firearm, which is a nice touch.

And a PC version on Steam Smile I'll keep an eye on it.

Just finished The Eternal Cylinder which was better than I expected. At £24 on the Epic store is a bit overpriced but definitely worth a punt in a sale.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Fortnite on the PS5 today.
Not for me, I'm shite. No, it was for my 7 year old granddaughter.
Watching her tear everyone else a new one was ridiculous.
I just can't comprehend the speed of things happening screen but then I hung up my online fps boots ages ago.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 07 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathloop PS5. Really enjoying this.

Psychonauts 2 Xbox series S. Really enjoying this as well.

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries dlc Legend of the kestrel lancers, still also playing this PC.

I'm off until the new year so have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:05 - 07 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing the original mass effect. The story seems interesting but the gameplay is shite, it runs slow on my pretty decent PC (That can run GTA IV perfectly well) and it's glitchy and buggy.

I got a bit bored and started playing Black Mesa. It seems it's had a recent update that I was not aware of and has a few new game mechanics. I like it. I'm over halfway through already and I was only planning on taking a break from Mass Effect for a few hours... oops. I will go back and complete Mass Effect but I should have stumped up for the Legendary edition I think.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 07 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Started playing the original mass effect. The story seems interesting but the gameplay is shite, it runs slow on my pretty decent PC (That can run GTA IV perfectly well) and it's glitchy and buggy.

I got a bit bored and started playing Black Mesa. It seems it's had a recent update that I was not aware of and has a few new game mechanics. I like it. I'm over halfway through already and I was only planning on taking a break from Mass Effect for a few hours... oops. I will go back and complete Mass Effect but I should have stumped up for the Legendary edition I think.

I replayed the ME series, LE. The 1st one definitely has the best story IMHO but the gameplay works better in the next two. I did start to "hack" the game files before the respec was available just to try out the different game mechanics but TBH any build would work to get through the essential story bits.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played all three ME's many times. I still much prefer the storyline AND gameplay of ME1.

Esspecially the ammo thing. Suddenly Ammo is a thing in ME2? Laughing Laughing

Yes, It also runs pretty poor does ME1, really badly ported (like gta4- both barely ran on my old system, and even on my 8350 both stutter sometimes despite how old the software is....)

And what's more unfortunately I am also a victim of the 3DNow! bug....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTErfvty-U

Thankfully only a few levels it affects. The problem is there are a few levels which make use of 3DNow! CPU architecture. But AMD themselves dropped 3DNow! instruction set in 2010ish, so this odd stuff happens! When I play this game thru, I tend to copy the saved game over to my old pc (Athlon 4200) and play those missions on that PC instead as CPU is old enough to have 3DNow!.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone into strategy games and got any suggestions as to what I can try without breaking the bank and finding out I don't like it.

I'm a massive Civ series fan and also loved the 'Command and Conquer' games back in the mists of time. I've even recently gone back to 'Heroes of Might and Magic' so it shows how old some of my taste is. Oh yes, I also enjoy sub sims, Silent Hunter series.

So anyone played anything modern thats ok and doesn't need Jodrell Bank computing power to run? Laughing

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Is anyone into strategy games and got any suggestions as to what I can try without breaking the bank and finding out I don't like it.

A few non-cutting edge suggestions you can probably pick up cheap on Steam/GreenManGaming/etc.

*Total War Series (Rome, Napoleon, Medieval 2 are all good, pick your era basically).
*Wargame: Airland Battle (later versions Wargame:Red Dragon and Steel Division: Normandy 44 are really good too if you like the style, which is punishing)
*Dawn of War series (Command and Conquerish, but set in the Warhammer 40k universe. Dark Crusade is probably the best of the bunch overall)
*Crusader Kings 2 has a great rep, but it's very very indepth for strategy, so worth a go if you want something hardcore, was too much for me.

They've just released a new Age of Empires that people seem to be rating, and I don't think its too CPU/GPU intensive. Haven't tried it though.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

*Crusader Kings 2 has a great rep, but it's very very indepth for strategy, so worth a go if you want something hardcore, was too much for me

CK2 is literally the game I have put the most hours into playing ever. It's currently sitting at 1,492 hours on Steam. I love it. Even now after playing for so long I still come across events or bloodlines that I have never had before.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK2 is literally the game I have put the most hours into playing ever. It's currently sitting at 1,492 hours on Steam. I love it. Even now after playing for so long I still come across events or bloodlines that I have never had before.

I fired it up, and spent the first 3/4 of an hour trying to decide which princess to marry to my heir, got lost in the possibilities, realised that at no point was I actually going to see anyone hack off anyone else's arm, and gave up. The stories about people managing to marry horses into their family are fun though.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

I fired it up, and spent the first 3/4 of an hour trying to decide which princess to marry to my heir, got lost in the possibilities, realised that at no point was I actually going to see anyone hack off anyone else's arm, and gave up. The stories about people managing to marry horses into their family are fun though.

Literally married a horse in one play-through and a polar bear in another.

Horrible in late games where you have been a Norse leader with a wife and three concubines and spitting out babies your whole life then can't marry kids off because of inbreeding.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Guardians of the galaxy game on PS5 is great fun. £35 on Amazon, bargain.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Ride 4 for the ps5.
Can anyone play it?
I can't, it's too hard so I declare the game to be shite.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half way through Enderal: Forgotten Stories - a full-conversion mod of Skyrim. On Steam you don't even need to have the base game installed, just have Skyrim in your collection.

Quite big, maybe half the map of Skyrim... more like Fallout 4 size. Quite interesting stories and characters and written well enough to allow for some immoral choices here and there for your stealth/thief characters Smile

The levelling in Enderal is more your traditional quest/kills exp system but it does have a crutch of "Learning Books" to get round Skyrim's auto levelling of individual skills.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Can anyone play it?

I was going to, 'cos it looks amazing but read a load of people saying it's just ridiculously hard and remembered that I play games to have fun and not want to smash the controller to pieces.

Currently playing AC Valhalla, FC6, Ratchet & Clank and TLOU2 on my shiny new PS5.

Have to be honest, the graphics in R&C are absolutely phenomenal, by far the best looking game I've ever seen, it is absolutely stunning and is a decent game to boot.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Can anyone play it?

I clocked Ride 3 and really enjoyed it, was all prepared to buy Ride 4 till the reviews started rolling in. More tracks, but loads fewer bikes, issues with the AI etc. I've left it for now until it's on a steam sale.

Instead, I've gone back to playing PiBoSo's https://www.gp-bikes.com/. Setting it up is a PITA, you have to download and install all the bikes, tracks, skins etc. manually, and it's punishingly hard. There's not really enough controls on an XBox controller for everything you need, and it probably took me 1/2 hour to successfully navigate my first corner. But all that said, it's still by some margin the best motorcycle simulator I've tried. The attention to detail (in the bike physics, not the visuals) is staggering.

Highly recommended, but be prepared for hours of fiddling to get all the bikes/tracks on there, and be prepared to hate yourself.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 48 of 64