Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always found FIFA games, and nearly all football games and most sports games boring.

I don't set out to find them boring, I want to like them, I just so rarely do. I find the whole experience of playing FIFA just too fiddly, and I get bored cos I can't do it, and lose interest very quickly. Sad Which is more of an issue this year as FIFA 17 came with my Xbox One.

Got as far as a signing for a team and playing one match.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:10 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
M.C wrote:

The first two had dlc, but I don't remember it being that expensive. I agree the first two were better, but I enjoyed Fusion when I got it from GwG, completed it in 2 days though Confused

They did have DLC yes, but the game didn't keep bawwing that you neeeded to buy something. The tournaments were stand alone parts of the original game, now the tournies are online only, and it's just pot luck wether the levels are ones I need to buy or not.

That's the way gaming has gone. Trying to think of the last game I played that didn't have DLC, probably Unravel. It definitely takes the piss where they're holding back content which would/should have been in the base game.

thx1138 wrote:
I've always found FIFA games, and nearly all football games and most sports games boring.

I don't set out to find them boring, I want to like them, I just so rarely do. I find the whole experience of playing FIFA just too fiddly, and I get bored cos I can't do it, and lose interest very quickly. Sad Which is more of an issue this year as FIFA 17 came with my Xbox One.

Got as far as a signing for a team and playing one match.

I tried PES 2017 and I was awful, even after going through all the training tutorials Razz The early PES games were better to pickup and play, then they started adding combinations for skills etc. which as a casual player you aren't gonna bother with.

Also footie games have probably developed the least out of any genre. FIFA still plays like FIFA '97 Very Happy, you still make perfectly diagonal runs down the pitch.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:12 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then I get a hankering for FIFA so I buy the previous years for <£5 which if you don't care about the players/teams is 95% the same game. Laughing

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:15 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
chris-red wrote:
Grim Fandango Remastered

What the fuck? I didn't even know this had been done!

By the same people that did Day of the Tentacle.

The DotT is really good. For Grim I don't feel like much has been done. On the 'Remastered' side of things, The characters are just slightly cleaner. But it is nice to play it on modern hardware. Also this was the first time I'd played it, as I could never get it to work on post XP machines.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:31 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
FIFA still plays like FIFA '97 Very Happy, you still make perfectly diagonal runs down the pitch.

FIFA '96 was the last one I remember that I liked playing. Then I really liked PES when it first came out. Tried PES '15, '16 or '17 not long ago and got rid Sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Christmas would be appreciated. Bounce!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHcE4LiXcAAFYu0.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
By Christmas would be appreciated. Bounce!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHcE4LiXcAAFYu0.jpg

I don't have high hopes due to the developer involved, but it'll be nice to have the IoM circuit in a game again. TT Superbikes Legends was the last IIRC (excluding mods on PC).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this posted on HUKD: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts

It's free for another couple of days. Never played it but I know it's highly rated.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:16 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and the associated DLC without killing anyone. I'm quite proud of that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:51 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS 1.6

Easy to get onto a populated server considering it's nearly 20 years old.

Supreme Commander & its expansion.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing Uncharted 3, having played 2 just before it, and before that attempted the vomit worthy first one ( gave up due to vomity camera work).

Also bought Battlefront Ultimate edition for the PS4 for the huge amount of £3.99. I bought the regular version for the pc when it came out, but cheats eventually stopped me playing. The season pass for regular Battlefront is currently free on everything I believe. ( Xbox, pc, ps).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finishing the Walking Dead series game. I revisited this a while ago, played one episode a day, one last episode of the season 2 to go. Now, I made some different choices, different people died etc., still a good game/interactive film. Thumbs Up

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:18 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Finishing the Walking Dead series game. I revisited this a while ago, played one episode a day, one last episode of the season 2 to go. Now, I made some different choices, different people died etc., still a good game/interactive film. Thumbs Up

I liked those, although I never finished the Second season. I loved the first though.

If you like Game of Thrones that telltale game is pretty good. Although it's more film than game IMO.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best TellTale game I've played, was the Back to the future series. It was a genuine point and click adventure game, with puzzle solving, tough. I can't even recall if your actions could influence the story.

I found out there was a 3rd. season of the Walking dead series, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier! Shocked

I finished the 2nd season and I'm playing the 3rd right now. Shame the system reqs. are not the same, I played the first 2 seasons in 4K and it looked great. 1080P for the 3rd one it is, I guess.

Finished the Frontier, and found out about yet another season. Shocked

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 17 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the story in Just Cause 3.
Great game but nothing too challenging in the story mode itself. Still enjoyed it though.
Now I'm going for trophys, doing the challenges and generally arseing around with huge firepower.
Collected everything there is to collect. Got to get those expansion packs.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 17 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I still can't cover ground quickly enough when not in a vehicle. Twisted Evil
Especially finding it hard to shut off all the mini radar thingies on rooftops within the time limit. Have a few
settlements where that's all I have left to do to liberate them but after a few attempts I get the arsehole with it and
stick GTA back on.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free season pass for star wars battlefront.
Get stuck in. Thumbs Up

https://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/season-pass

Downloaded mine, 4 new multiplayer maps including the DEATH STAR Cool

Last edited by grr666 on 16:32 - 18 Sep 2017; edited 1 time in total

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
^^^ I still can't cover ground quickly enough when not in a vehicle. Twisted Evil
Especially finding it hard to shut off all the mini radar thingies on rooftops within the time limit. Have a few
settlements where that's all I have left to do to liberate them but after a few attempts I get the arsehole with it and
stick GTA back on.

Press L1 on a roof to grapple, quite far away, holding L2 to boost, then open your parachute for speeds and fly to the next one. just jumping off the parachute then grappling to the place where the post is is mega fast.

That's my tactic, though I've just learned the airbrake and close of the wingsuit so now I'm learning how to grapple my way around while wingsuiting.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
grr666 wrote:
stick GTA back on.

Press L1 on a roof to grapple, quite far away, holding L2 to boost, then open your parachute for speeds and fly to the next one. just jumping off the parachute then grappling to the place where the post is is mega fast.

That's my tactic, though I've just learned the airbrake and close of the wingsuit so now I'm learning how to grapple my way around while wingsuiting.

The monitoring system was undoubtedly the most challenging thing for me.
The good doctor's advice is spot on. I'll only add that I found it a bit easier if you start with the most elevated switch.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

L2 to boost you say? Haven't tried that. This is what happens when middle aged men play video games. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend had a grapple the ground/parachute technique I struggled to master myself. He could travel quickly over open ground though.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do some gear unlocks I think, have the same kit I started the game with. I don't likethe driving/flying physics
at all, so the races and time trials won't be much fun. It's a bit like shoot shoot shoot die respawn and repeat.
Each settlement or base is using up dozens of lives but I am chipping my way through them using this method.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has GTA San Andreas on his tablet, but he can't play driving games, and so he walks everywhere. Laughing Laughing

I've just finished Atic Atac and JetPac, can't get on with Jet Man, and just started Conkers. These are all on a multi game anthology collection thingy.

GTA V, I'm getting back into on the Xbox one. Every day I go online, rob a store, sell a car, do a couple of jobs, and then go back to single player. My online avatar is designed to look like me, right down to the flat cap, and I try really, really, really hard not to crash my bike Laughing

Got a bit disillusioned with Elite, it just seemed to be to difficult, I wanted to be engage in combat, but found it all too bewildering.

Might go back to Skyrim, with a new character build soon.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I need to do some gear unlocks I think, have the same kit I started the game with. I don't likethe driving/flying physics
at all, so the races and time trials won't be much fun. It's a bit like shoot shoot shoot die respawn and repeat.
Each settlement or base is using up dozens of lives but I am chipping my way through them using this method.

ugh. riding a bike on that game is TERRIBLE. The bike races are so hard. The cars are crap too. I wingsuit it now. then parachute and RPG from the air. Or helicopter and missiles. That's how I smash the bases.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
A friend had a grapple the ground/parachute technique I struggled to master myself. He could travel quickly over open ground though.

Used that in game two, quite easy after a bit of practice.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 6 of 64