Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 10 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Just started playing 'Control' after it was free on Epic game store. Trippy, but actually very compelling. We shall see where things go with this!

I also enjoyed it. You can tell quite immediately it is a Remedy game. It reminded me of both Alan Wake and Quantum Break, with a hint of a Max Payne.

Gave up on Control... I hate giving up on games, even when i got them free, but just couldn't click with this at all.

Now playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided instead, and going to bed much later than I mean to Wink

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I bought Alien: Isolation - THE COLLECTION for the PS5, well it's a PS4 version. It was 80% off on the PS store and I could not resist. I have played this game before, but never finished it. On the PS5 the loading times are acceptable and the game still looks great, even though the image quality isn't what we're used to see these days. You can tell, it is a 2015 console port. That being said, the level design, atmosphere and sound effects are spot on. I also enjoy the somewhat slow gameplay with hacking, crafting and stealth approach. The nostalgia is strong with this game, if you are a fan of the film instalments.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falling out of love with Witcher 3. There's just soooo much game there it's overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, the story is fantastic, good voice acting, game looks great...

Errrr, wow! no it looks like dog shit! Compared to God of War anyway Smile Good story, voice acting etc. but much more on rails. A few simple puzzles, combat's a tad more fun than Witcher 3 but not as masochistic as Dark Souls 3.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Falling out of love with Witcher 3. There's just soooo much game there it's overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, the story is fantastic, good voice acting, game looks great...

Errrr, wow! no it looks like dog shit! Compared to God of War anyway Smile Good story, voice acting etc. but much more on rails. A few simple puzzles, combat's a tad more fun than Witcher 3 but not as masochistic as Dark Souls 3.

I tried Witcher 3 on the PS5 a few days ago, just to see how it runs, my brother bought the PS4 copy years ago. Compared to PS4, on the PS5 the game runs much smoother with very short loading times and the fast travel is actualy fast travel (it takes 10-15 seconds to use). It's very PC like performance, although locked to 30fps. From the moment you start it you are in the game in maybe under 1 minute. On the PS4 1 minute wouldn't be even enough to load up the intro screen. Long story short, I wasted 20 hours in the game just checking how it runs on the PS5. Laughing

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Yawn of duty Vanguard. It was dire, biggest challenge was to stay awake. That game was bad. Boring as anything, I wont be getting the next installment.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

just downloaded spiderman on ps4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Yesterday, I bought Alien: Isolation - THE COLLECTION for the PS5, well it's a PS4 version. It was 80% off on the PS store and I could not resist. I have played this game before, but never finished it. On the PS5 the loading times are acceptable and the game still looks great, even though the image quality isn't what we're used to see these days. You can tell, it is a 2015 console port. That being said, the level design, atmosphere and sound effects are spot on. I also enjoy the somewhat slow gameplay with hacking, crafting and stealth approach. The nostalgia is strong with this game, if you are a fan of the film instalments.

On the PS3 version, I used to play it at night with the lights off. I sometimes found myself cowering in a locker hoping the alien would just walk past. Then I realised I was actually a grown man, shitting myself at a computer game. They got the whole atmosphere just right to induce those feelings.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:37 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Witcher 3 took me 156 hours to finish that was every quest, including expansions.

God of War is a different game, far more linear and shorter. It's great and the cast/story is fantastic. I'm not sure which I would say is better. I loved the combat as you said like a toned down Souls game. Witcher 3 I felt was more tactical you had to prepare with potions/oils gear etc. I think I would play GoW again before W3, but mainly because it is shorter.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready or Not on PC (Steam).

Fucking. Amazing.

I have missed the SWAT games and even though this is an early-access it really doesn't disappoint. Absolutely loving this game as it's really difficult and realistic with damage and how responsive the AI is. The AI is smart and will try to flank you and blast you with blind fire through walls and doors if they hear you.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Witcher 3 took me 156 hours to finish that was every quest, including expansions.

Were you speed-running it or something? Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:07 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Ready or Not on PC (Steam).

Fucking. Amazing.

I have missed the SWAT games and even though this is an early-access it really doesn't disappoint. Absolutely loving this game as it's really difficult and realistic with damage and how responsive the AI is. The AI is smart and will try to flank you and blast you with blind fire through walls and doors if they hear you.

Amazing, but still expensive. I really want it but I don't want to pay £30+. I'll wait until it's about £15 or so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of SWAT 4 here Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

God of War is a different game, far more linear and shorter. It's great and the cast/story is fantastic. I'm not sure which I would say is better. I loved the combat as you said like a toned down Souls game. Witcher 3 I felt was more tactical you had to prepare with potions/oils gear etc. I think I would play GoW again before W3, but mainly because it is shorter.

I've been thinking on this, I believe I want to play a game not a part time job! Witcher 3 goes down as the highest quality intern simulator so far produced Laughing

Skyrim somehow didn't suffer from this to the same extent. Quite often Step 1 would be think of a character, e.g. evil magic using vampire, and Step 2 could be "pick a random direction" at least for the first few times I got off the cart. It still worked well as a game even ignoring the main quest; and you could go back to that at any time.

For Witcher 3 I did quite a bit of wandering about, killing monsters, clearing villages and now I have all the main line quests in grey and it seems like a stack of well... work Sad I'm level 20 and I've done about two thirds of Velen & Novigrad. I could wander off to Skellige now I suppose (level 16 recommended.) Similar situation with RDR2 when I played that.

God of War is more upbeat than Hellblade but not as comic book as Darksiders, I quite like it anyway. Maybe I'll have another stab at Dark Souls 3 if Bloodbourne doesn't come to PC.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Amazing, but still expensive. I really want it but I don't want to pay £30+. I'll wait until it's about £15 or so.

I just couldn't wait out. I had seem loads of reviewers giving it golden reviews on YouTube and I just bought it. I am not disappointed. Looking at the updates and devs' journals on Steam, they are fully supporting it and it doesn't look like they will be abandoning the project like you see with a lot of early access titles.

Easy-X wrote:
Big fan of SWAT 4 here Smile

I loved the SWAT games, I remember having SWAT 4 GOTY Edition on CD-ROM Laughing

I have three old games that are my three favourite golden era of nostalgia for me:

1. Birth of the Federation,
2. Battle for Middle Earth II,
3. SWAT 4 (GOTY Edition).

Honourable mention:

4. DUNE 2000.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:37 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I had another look at reviews. There are less levels in this than in SWAT IV. There is less story. The AI is not as good... I think it's probably worth a fiver realistically at the moment.

I mean, If I can get all the Nu Tomb Raider games and Control for free, why would I pay £30 for something that is lacking what most AAA games have? I want to play an updated SWAT IV but I want to play a *better* updated SWAT IV.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I had another look at reviews. There are less levels in this than in SWAT IV. There is less story. The AI is not as good... I think it's probably worth a fiver realistically at the moment.

I mean, If I can get all the Nu Tomb Raider games and Control for free, why would I pay £30 for something that is lacking what most AAA games have? I want to play an updated SWAT IV but I want to play a *better* updated SWAT IV.

It's literally an early access game, there are probably the same amount of maps as there is in SWAT 4, if there are less it's only by a couple. You're right in that there is no over-arching story.

I would say the AI is much better than SWAT 4. In fact there's no contest. Ready or Not is MUCH harder than SWAT 4 because of the AI.

There's an additional upside to Ready or Not that SWAT 4 doesn't have: multiple game modes. Normal terrorist hunt all the way to active shooter scenarios and bomb scenarios. The AI use traps to hinder you and they can be anywhere so you need to be constantly cautious.

The downsides to Ready or Not is that, well, it's literally an unfinished game. There are bugs, clipping issues, etc.

The most annoying things so far for me is that the AI police officers won't use the battering ram to open doors (only kicking, shotgun opening or explosive opening). Another thing that sucks is that terrorists generally just fucking spray bullets at you on sight (including if they see reflections from your flashlight or laser they will spray through walls at you) and you don't get much chance to shout at them first.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:25 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

It's literally an early access game, there are probably the same amount of maps as there is in SWAT 4, if there are less it's only by a couple. You're right in that there is no over-arching story.

I would say the AI is much better than SWAT 4. In fact there's no contest. Ready or Not is MUCH harder than SWAT 4 because of the AI.

There's an additional upside to Ready or Not that SWAT 4 doesn't have: multiple game modes. Normal terrorist hunt all the way to active shooter scenarios and bomb scenarios. The AI use traps to hinder you and they can be anywhere so you need to be constantly cautious.

The downsides to Ready or Not is that, well, it's literally an unfinished game. There are bugs, clipping issues, etc.

The most annoying things so far for me is that the AI police officers won't use the battering ram to open doors (only kicking, shotgun opening or explosive opening). Another thing that sucks is that terrorists generally just fucking spray bullets at you on sight (including if they see reflections from your flashlight or laser they will spray through walls at you) and you don't get much chance to shout at them first.

There've been plenty of games in 'early access' which never get fixed, and never improve in the way people imagine them to do. It's a pretty big risk to take I think.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
There've been plenty of games in 'early access' which never get fixed, and never improve in the way people imagine them to do. It's a pretty big risk to take I think.

I really can't argue with that, what you say is right. There's far more devs that abandon their games compared to those who stand by it.

I am just hoping that Ready or Not goes the same way as No Mans' Sky. No Mans' Sky was essentially an Alpha that was released too early, got slammed in reviews but the developers eventually patched it up into a good game.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:25 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it on steam, see how you like it for an hour, refund it. Easiest way, its how I found out about R6 Siege, I liked it, I kept it etc.

Been playing God of War, aside from the chewing of memory, its such a good game, really enjoying it and I hate single player games.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Been playing God of War, aside from the chewing of memory, its such a good game, really enjoying it and I hate single player games.

Yeah, if I leave Chrome open (with a gazillion YouTube tabs) I get an hour out of GoW till it falls over. 3 or 4 hours if I close down non-essential stuff... and I've got 16GB on my PC Shocked

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Easy-X & Paddy

With W10 and modern software in general, more RAM you have the more of it gets allocated to whatever the computer says is important to have loaded in the memory. Google says the GOW game requires 8GB of RAM, meaing the game would run on a PC with 8GB of RAM, if you have more than that, the game and the OS will then allocate far more memory than just 8GB.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:01 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
@Easy-X & Paddy

With W10 and modern software in general, more RAM you have the more of it gets allocated to whatever the computer says is important to have loaded in the memory. Google says the GOW game requires 8GB of RAM, meaing the game would run on a PC with 8GB of RAM, if you have more than that, the game and the OS will then allocate far more memory than just 8GB.

I uh... I know how computers work sadly, I design them Laughing

What I am saying is, it consumes all of my available resources, everything. My idle usage is 4.5GB, I have 16GB, GoW uses 11.5GB constantly. I literally am 99% RAM all day long with that game, others including Icarus don't even do that. There is no smart way to allocate it in this game, its detrimental to itself to consume that much as it starts slowing down the game itself and swap can only help so much.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I uh... I know how computers work sadly, I design them Laughing

What I am saying is, it consumes all of my available resources, everything. My idle usage is 4.5GB, I have 16GB, GoW uses 11.5GB constantly. I literally am 99% RAM all day long with that game, others including Icarus don't even do that. There is no smart way to allocate it in this game, its detrimental to itself to consume that much as it starts slowing down the game itself and swap can only help so much.

I once sold some used RAM modules to a lad and he then contacted me back, that the RAM was faulty. I asked him what's wrong and he said that before he installed my RAM modules into his PC, going from 4GB to 8GB, the idle usage was much lower. It took some explaining... in the end he kept the RAM modules and I this moment in my own memory. Doh!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had certain build configurations - mostly older kit - where throwing more memory at Windows 10 actually made things worse versus doing the same stuff on Windows 7. Pretty sure it was having the O/S on spinning rust rather than SSD Thinking

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake 2: The Reckoning.

I'm lucky (or sad?) enough to have the big box. After completing q2 some years back I bought the mission pack expansion. But I lost interest after only one episode/chapter. Trying to complete it now. Since last looking 'Ground Zero' expansion big boxes are really stupidly overpriced now. Should have bought one years ago when they were cheap. Cool

Playing w/ voodoo 3, glquake.

Last edited by blurredman on 18:22 - 31 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 51 of 64